A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,871
Currently Running With Scissors:
589 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Too many WIPs-along  (Read 26993 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

avsceriline
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2006 07:33:12 AM »

If this knitting only?
Then I have 3 WIP's.

If not, I have...
7!!

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | staarlight: my Etsywistsflickr

I <3 personal swaps! Check out my flickr page to see what I can do.
knit_north
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2006 09:14:47 AM »

such a good idea - i need some discipline to get all these odds and ends done!

I have:
baby hat
sweater (umm... from the knitting Olympics)
three knit ornaments
a wee Blythe doll sweater
a mohair sweater ahhh never mind i don't even really like it I'm scrapping it
baby cardigan

here we go! need to get these done, i have christmas knitting to do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rachpie22
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006 09:37:48 AM »

I am, as we type, blocking the body of my first ever sweater, and trying to finish up the hood.  I started this project, let's see, oh, A YEAR AGO!  I would get stuck, frustrated, and ignore it.  After about a month or so, I would get up the courage to bring it to my favorite yarn shop, where they would figure out my mess, show me my mistake (always something very easy to fix), and I'd be on my way for awhile, until the process would repeat!  I still have to sew the pieces together, and then I'm done!  I'm very excited, but also nervous that after a year's worth of work, it'll come out wierd!  I'll keep you posted! 

I promised myself I wouldn't start anything new until I finished the sweater.  However, yesterday, I pulled out my mittens for the first time this fall (gotta love Minnesota, it was cold!), and remembered that I blew a hole in the thumb last winter!  I REALLY need to make some new ones.  More incentive to finish the sweater, my poor thumb is cold!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
novabird
Miss Bird, yarn diet breaker extraordinaire

novabird.livejournal.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2006 12:39:06 PM »

Good luck with your first sweater and congratulations!
Mittens should knit up a lot more quickly  Wink, or you could just fixed the thumb? Knit a new one and sew it over the old one with hole, be extra warm?
I'm almost through my second armwarmer (picks soon), I can't wait to give these to my mom! They've got pillars of travelling stitches in a sort of spirally column thing.
/-/-/-
-/-/-
/-/-/

(It looks a lot better in person, I swear!)
Hooray for finishing things way before the deadline!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitty and witty. ha.
TallGrrl
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2006 01:47:07 PM »

Ah, WIP. I hear you calling me as I walk by:
Hey You! Remember me? Don't you want to knit at least a couple of rows??
Now, you know you don't need to be buying that yarn! Shouldn't you be getting some buttons so you can finish me and wear me?
What? Who said that?! I was just looking at the yarn. Just wondering if it would be good for that sweater I saw in....
Stop it! I'm still sitting in this basket with about 6 inches to go! That baby I was supposed to be for is now 2 YEARS OLD!

Actually, I finished the Not-So-Shrunken Cardi from Knit & Tonic. I started it about this time last year, had to frog it, got bored with knitting the sleeves with dpns, decided to do the sleeves flat and seam them...then it got too hot to deal with it.
The weather finally started to cool down (low 90s!!!) and I started thinking about that cardi. I picked it up a couple of weeks ago and finally finished it.
I now have about 5 WIPs including a pair of socks--2nd sock heel started, a Picovoli shell, I'm playing with knitting 2 socks inside of one, and I'm making my BF an entrelac afgan for his birthday in January. And as soon as my LYS gets in that Elsbeth Lavold yarn, I am planning to start a cardi for my sister's ChristmaHanuKwanza present!
I haven't factored in my stash, which is pretty much projects in queue: black ribbon yarn for a tank and matching stole (holiday wear); dove grey merino for a Razor Cami; Jo Sharp Silkroad DK for Everyday Tweed from http://thegarterbelt.com/; Sugar & Creme for MDK burp cloths....
I try not to have too many WIPs. The priority goes to whatever I covet the most, or what gift needs to be made the soonest.
 Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bijou_raoul
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2006 09:21:49 AM »

I didn't manage to get much of the sleeve done last night.  (Project Runway was last week's episode, so I watched America's Next Top Model instead...yeah, I'm one of those).  Anyway, today is going to be loooooong.  I have a 3-hour break in between classes this afternoon and no homework that needs to be done for tomorrow so I brought my knitting to school with me so I can go to town on it.  And then my night class is going to run long tonight so I'm going to miss the bus I would normally take home so I have to wait another HOUR for the next one...I won't get home until 11 tonight, so I'd say that sleeve will be done by the time I walk through the front door. 

And I've been thinking, and even though I consider my current WIPs to be the ones I actually have cast on, I've got a whole ginormous bag of yarn sitting in the corner of my room just dying to be made into something.  A lot of it is acrylic and was bought about 2 years ago when I first learned to knit.  I have a TON of Homespun, some of which was already made into two different sweaters this summer, and I still have at least 7 skeins of the crap left.  So I think that's eventually going to be crocheted into an afghan.  I've also got a ton of worsted weight acrylic that I will probably end up making into socks or something.  And to make matters worse, I just ordered a whole box of yarn from KnitPicks about a week ago (damn you, free shipping on orders of $40 or more!)  Most of it was for finishing current projects, but then I got some new stuff too (sock yarn mostly). 

So I've probably got like 20 WIPs if you count all the yarn I have.  I don't know how I got in this deep!!  I hope to have most of the yarn made into something by the time I move in December...we'll see how that goes.  I know I can knit fast, I've knitted whole sweaters in a week's time before, and my semester is going to be a lot slower now that I dropped my hardest class, so I really just need to start cracking down on this stuff. 

Sorry for the long post, I just get lots of anxiety about these things sometimes  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Madeleine09
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2006 10:01:18 AM »

I have a ton of projects to finish before October, when I need to start doing Christmas presents.

I have a yoga mat bag, a pillow cover, a scarf for me, and the angel wings from Knitty (for my Halloween Costume) to finish. I am not very motivated for any of them though....

Good Luck Guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cnp71201
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2006 10:15:49 AM »

I'm in. I don't even want to THINK about all the wips I have! I told myself I cannot buy new yarn until I finish at least 3 or 4 big things! It is getting ridiculous. There is just too much to knit! I did well today, though... I used my small bit of knitting time to work on my Gatsby Girl sweater instead of the hat I just started last week. My problem is that I like to work on really big and more complicated things when I have time to just knit, but there are a lot of times I have to knit while I'm doing something else, too... so I'll get started on a smaller project. Plus I just can't keep on one project by itself long enough to finish it. I did work pretty much strictly on Rambling Rose this summer and it just about killed me to make myself do that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm crystalnickel on Ravelry!

Visit my blog at http://cnp71203.blogspot.com/. It has a little of everything... well, most things!

http://www.wists.com/cnp71203
rachillsk8
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2006 10:28:41 AM »

Oh geez...my list:

Clapotis (2/3 of the way done)
Circular shrug (just over halfway done)
socks (3" into cuff of one)
another project I can't really talk about (just shy of halfway done but this one is on a deadline)
Fake Fendi (3/4 of the way done)
Beaded scarf (1/3 of the way done)

And then there is the sock I finished in June and have yet to do its friend because I don't like it and might frog.

Deep V argyle vest--just swatched, yarn not purchased yet.

Oh and the halfway done Rowan butterfly that was going to be too small for me, I didn't want to frog and ruin the KSH, so I made a whole (completed) one for myself that I finished back in May, and am going to eventually finish the too small one for my sister.

And the maize/blue (Go Michigan!) scarf I was going to crochet but have frogged like 10x because I can't read a freakin stupid crochet pattern and now I'll just knit it.  But that's not really in progress any more since I frogged the few inches I had last month and haven't touched it since.

Oh dear god and xmas gifts.  Don't remind me.  At least I've gotten 3 done!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

QueenOfThieves
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2006 10:50:57 AM »

Okay, I HAVE to join this one. My WIPs:

U-Neck sweater from VK
Knitty's Very Tall socks in pink and gray
A ribbed scarf
A blanket (gold and blue, go Cal!)
A sweater from a Debbie Bliss book

Ugh, VK sweater in under way and the socks are pulled out every now and then, but everything else is sort've on hold.

Good luck guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Daal
How to Make Indian Lentil Stew
How to Make Dosas with Lentils and Rice
How to Make Eel Sauce
How To Make Egg Drop Soup
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...