A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,656
Currently Running With Scissors:
372 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Too many WIPs-along  (Read 32245 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bijou_raoul
« on: September 19, 2006 07:42:00 AM »

I don't know how I allowed it to happen, but I have about 5 WIPs right now and it's driving me nuts.  Currently I'm trying to finish a sweater for my boyfriend, two sweaters for myself, a lace scarf, and a pair of socks. I just want to finish something already!  So I know there have got to be other people in the same boat as me, and I think it would be nice if we could all motivate each other to "git-r-done", so to speak.  Jump on it if you're interested!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sera3125
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006 08:13:47 AM »

oh i THINK i NEED THIS TOO, i HAVE SEVERAL PROJECTS IN PROGRESS SOME FR CHRISTMAS GIFTS, SOME JUST FOR WINTER/FALL. MAYBE THIS WLL MOTIVATE ME.
sERA
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cherry blossom

nice head...i think i'll take it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006 08:17:30 AM »

haha i am SO in on this. 

i have:
clapotis
anthropologie inspired capalet
kirsten dunst pithy hat
and i'll soon be casting on for a few more projects. 

i just want to get my current wips finished!  its driving me batty lol Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tout_est_calme
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006 09:14:32 AM »

Oh great idea! I have 5 WIPs too, I need some motivation to finish them before casting on others!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lawral
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2006 12:00:55 PM »

this is a _great_ idea! i am so in for this. i have 4 WIPs right now: 3 cardigans and a scarf, all for me i want to get at least one cardigan finished before i put aside me-knitting for christmas knitting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebel7383
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2006 12:36:51 PM »

I have going:
yoga mat bag
clapotis
hourglass
candleflame shawl
kitty pi
lizard ridge
And I think that's it... Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bijou_raoul
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006 12:54:45 PM »

Glad to see I'm not alone!   Wink  Tonight I'm continuing to work on the sweater I've been knitting for my boyfriend (I intended to give it to him last Christmas but am now trying to finish it before October 2nd because I'm going to see him that weekend).  I had to unravel practically the whole thing because I had made it a little too small the last time, and since Sunday I finished the whole back and tonight I'm going to start on a sleeve.  I just dropped one of my really hard classes yesterday because I found out I can graduate without it, so that will leave a LOT more time to knit (Yay!)  Keep me posted on your progress!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cherry blossom

nice head...i think i'll take it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006 02:04:14 PM »

yay!  so i've finished all the knitting on my clapotis....now i just need to weave in all the ends Sad  the part i hate most!  where's the end-weaving fairy when you need her?!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

novabird
Miss Bird, yarn diet breaker extraordinaire

novabird.livejournal.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006 03:27:58 PM »

ooo i SOOoOoO need this. works in progress (not counting those completely abandoned): socks for BF, sweater for BF (both of these have far-off deadlines, a late November birthday and winter solstice), 2x sweaters for me, a lace scarf whose pattern I'm still writing, a pair of hand-painted lace socks (not 2nd sock syndrome, I lost the "pattern" I was writing, and haven't felt motivated since I found it), patch blanket of my handspun, armsocks for my mom and...and...I'm sure there's more. But these are things I've worked on in RECENT memory. And plan to finish, eventually. But really, I like having a drawer full of WIPs. He he. The socks, though...and the armwarmers...and the sweater for him, and at least one for me...I'd like to finish those. So that brings it down from 8 to...4 projects? Hrm. I could do that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitty and witty. ha.
bijou_raoul
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2006 07:31:26 AM »

Last night when I got home I hunkered down and got about half a sleeve finished for my BF's sweater.  Tonight I hope to finish it while watching Project Runway.  If only I could knit during class, then I'd really make some progress.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Habits That Damage Your Hair and How to Avoid Them
Celebrity Hair Trend: Braided Chignon
Jennifer Aniston Sports Shorter Hair Cut
Three Back-to-School Braided Looks
How to Get the Perfect Curly Cut
Latest Blog Articles
Get Lost in a Book
Meatless Monday: Banana-Pineberry Bread
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...