A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,758
Currently Running With Scissors:
412 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My SO called Scarf... HELP!  (Read 709 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Nuno930
« on: September 18, 2006 07:18:01 AM »

THIS PATTERN is the one in question. (I know there is a name for the stitch... but I can not remember it right now  Embarrassed  ) Ok so I don't get this

Row 1: K1, *sl 1, K1, psso but before dropping the slipped stitch from the left needle, knit into the back of it* repeat until there is one stitch left, K1

I slip one, I knit one, I slip the 1st stitch over and put it back on the left needle, then knit into the back of it... however then I get stuck.  If I simply drop it off... well that is a live stitch and will unravel.  What do I do with this?? I know it is just something simple that isn't "clicking" but I can not figure it out! HELP!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thewaka
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006 07:53:34 AM »

The stitch that is slipped shouldn't unravel since you first pass it over the stitch that you have just knit and then knit through it. That slipped stitch will have two stitches coming through it.

Does that help?

Diana
THIS ROCKS   Logged
turtlegirl76
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006 07:56:32 AM »

Think of it like a SSK.  You know how you put your left needle into the two stitches to be knit together after they've been slipped onto the right needle?  It's like that.  You're putting your left needle into the slipped stitch in preparation for passing it over the other stitch, but before you do that, knit it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nuno930
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006 08:39:39 AM »

Oooh I think that does help... gonna go pick up the needles now and try!  If not... I'll be back! Thanks Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nuno930
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006 09:32:19 AM »

OK, so will I half my stitches on the knit row?  Or are there still 30 at the end? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
turtlegirl76
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006 09:34:56 AM »

There'll still be 30.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spaghetti
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006 02:04:33 PM »

Hey All...Hope that the scarf is going well!  For anyone else considering making it, I've found this herringbone pattern to be FAR easier than the one on the My So Called Scarf site!  (Cut and paste the link if clicking doesn't work...I have a heck of a time linking from Craftster...sorry!)  Oh, and just FYI, it's a PDF, but if you don't have print capabilities, you won't even need a pattern once you get it figured out.

http://www.blueskyalpacas.com/files/Keyhole_Scarf.pdf?PHPSESSID=8eeac2852c297a52a39e914cfa2dacf3#search=%22herringbone%20stitch%20purl%22
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vegetarian yarnivore
Nuno930
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006 03:50:40 AM »

WOOhoo I got it (and yeah as soon as it "clicked" in my head I felt like a moron that I didn't get it to begin with... ummm let's blame it on pregnancy shall we??)

ANd thanks for that pattern spaghetti! It does look a tad easier Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thewaka
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006 08:01:55 AM »

Woohoo! Smiley Please post a photo when finished.

Congrats on the pregnancy. I totally sympathize--been there three times so far and those particular side effects don't seem to go away (youngest is 3.4 yo)!

Diana
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Lelouch from the Code Geass
How to Draw Mater from the Movie Cars
How to Draw Michael Jackson
How to Draw Pon And Zi
How to Draw Miki Falls Spring
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...