A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: colorado springs  (Read 16846 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

706Designs
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" -Joseph Chilton Pearce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2005 06:19:14 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions.  Keep them coming.  Do any of the yarn shops around carry dyed roving?  I've recently gotten into spinning and prefer to purchase roving in person than over the internet.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gretchen77
Jill of all Trades

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2005 12:26:26 PM »

There is a store called Knitters Cove it is south of downtown (can't remember the address) but I am pretty sure they have roving. Green Valley has some too.   What brings you to C-Springs this summer?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
706Designs
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" -Joseph Chilton Pearce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2005 09:36:43 PM »

I just got back from Co. Springs today and had a fabulous time on vacation.  I was able to go to Green Valley Knitters & Weavers and a wonderful yarn shop in Old Colorado City (wonderful book selection).  I hit up a couple of bead shops but unfortunately was a little disappointed.  At least one of the bead shops was even closed on a Tuesday afternoon.  Sad  But to the bead shops benefit, I was only able to go to a couple  nor did I find the bead shops in Manitou.  (Adam's Mountain cafe was quiet yummy though). 

The air feels so thick and humid back home, compared to the light rocky mountain air.  Smiley

Thanks for all your help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gretchen77
Jill of all Trades

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2005 11:35:14 AM »

I play music at Adam's Mountain Cafe once a month:-)
It is exceptionally hot and dry here right now so I definitely envy you your humidity.
Glad you had a nice visit though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lunacouer
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2005 04:23:48 PM »

Hey all-

I live in Colo. Springs, too!  The Goodwill off of Constitution and Powers (it's behind a 7-11, next to the shopping mall with Grocery Warehouse) is awesome.  I always find goodies for collages and altered books.  The ARC off of Austin Bluffs is good, too, but overpriced, imho.  They just built a new Salvation Army, huge, on the corner of Platte and Circle.  Salvation Army always keeps things cheap.

I just went to Joann's for the first time off of Powers....holy cow, there was so much that I was overwhelmed.  All of those gorgeous fabrics, too.  Yum.

Old Colorado City...I'm going to have to check out those stores previous post-ers mentioned.  It's also just awesome to walk around down there to get inspiration.

I would love to have a craft night, but unfortunately, Denver is a bit much for me.  It's the extra hour it takes to get to Denver, then the hour it takes to get home that kills me.  And oy, I hate Denver driving at night.  Scares the be-jiminies out of me.  But I am all for a Colorado Springs craft night.  Or just a friendly get together to meet each other.  It's a little hard to coordinate on this board, tho, cuz I think folks are checking out the projects, swaps, how-to's, more than the location boards.  Any ideas, anyone?

Kristina
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creative minds have always been known to survive any kind of bad training."
-Anna Freud
Gretchen77
Jill of all Trades

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2005 02:31:26 PM »

luna~ I would be interested in doing a craft night but in town as I have a wee one. I suppose we could try out some sort of e-mail list. Not really sure to round everyone up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lunacouer
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2005 03:15:03 PM »

Or it could be just a really small group...you, me and your little bit (the little cutie in your avatar pic, right?).  lol Grin.  Not many Colo. Sprgs folks posted here (although it looks like a few in Denver...I accidentally posted the comment about Denver from another post behind the Colo. Springs one...d'oh!)....hmmm, where to find them in the Springs?  I'm not real hip to going outside of the Springs, either.  Do you have any ideas?  Do you know if any of the smaller craft shops in town host craft nights, or have regulars that would be willing to give it a go?  I'm on the east side of town, off of Powers and N. Carefree, so I've mostly been hitting Michael's and Goodwill, and I'm not familiar with all of the really *cool* craft stores on the west side of town/Old Colo City/Manitou Springs.  I suppose I could do the non-lazy thing, and call around.  I'll do that tomorrow and post here what I find out.  Any craft shops that you all think should definitely be on the list?  I was going to call the Michael's and Hobby Lobby's in town (I know they have classes, just don't know about the informal stuff).  After that, I'm not sure who.

BTW, my name is Kristina.  Nice to meet ya, Gretchen.  And I'm really glad that you wrote back.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Anna Freud
Gretchen77
Jill of all Trades

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2005 08:03:59 PM »

Sorry, I have not been around. My husband is on the computer for school alot. then things got really busy around here, but I am still interested in craft night.
 Actually the kid in the picture is me. My wee one is a little boy.
as for good craft stores, there are some great knitting stores but I usually go to the big box craft stores too.  Joanns is pretty off the hook they seem to have everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lunacouer
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2005 07:35:10 AM »

To all you Colorado Springs gals (and guys, if you're out there).  I just wanted to let you know about a brand new craft store on the east side of town.  It's called Quilts and Crafts, run by a mom and daughter team, Omega and Trina.  It's a quilting and scrapbooking supply store on the NW corner of N. Carefree and Powers, next to Diamond Shamrock.  They are having a grand opening on Sept. 1st, 2nd and 3rd, with discounts, and they are also giving away prizes, including a crazy expensive quilting sewing machine (Trina said it's worth over $1000).  You can enter anytime between Sept 1st and 3rd and you don't have to be there to win, they'll call you.  Omega will be teaching quilting classes and Trina will be teaching scrapbooking/altered books/stamping/etc classes.  The store is very well organized, with some scrapbooking and quilting supplies that you apparently can't get anywhere else (like this very pretty stained glass paper that Trina was showing me).  Very cool, so check these ladies out before you head to the big stores, especially for all you east-enders, since it's in the same vicinity as Joann's and Micheal's.  Support your local craft store! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Anna Freud
miss Em
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2006 10:39:52 PM »

wow i know nobody has posted in this topic in forever but i used to live in the springs and i'm missing it! any ways my fav thrift store is the ARC on Uintah and 19th  i believe..they have the coolest shit there and saturdays are half off days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe - American
How to Make Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Tomato Soup
Puff Pastry Coins - Presenting and Cutting
Puff Pastry Coins - Adding the Filling
How to Make Puff Pastry Coins
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...