A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 299,190
Currently Running With Scissors:
515 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I want for Christmas.....(a wishlist)  (Read 959 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

snacker
« on: September 18, 2006 06:51:07 PM »

I was thinking about Christmas shopping and my ideas in my head for all of my Christmas gifts AND how lovely it would be to buy from Etsy/Craftsters....is anyone interested in starting an Etsy Christmas wishlist?  For example, I want a t-shirt for my brother in size XL.  Anyone out there who makes these things, just post and I will check out your shops....and I would like to get some lovely bracelets for my mother (who likes red and purple) and another t-shirt for my father in size XL.....something Grateful Dead for my brother-in-law....

IF this thread isn't appropriate here, just delete!  And I am sorry if this isn't appropriate here!  I hopefully won't be adding to the mod's work...I know they are busy and I appreciate all the work they do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now have a snack!  Snack on!

etsy

flickr

wists
BitsyCreations
The eye sees a thing more clearly in dreams than the imagination awake. Leonardo DaVinci

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006 09:24:49 AM »

Have you done specific searches on Etsy??  And if that doesn't work, try Alchemy!  I think that's such a fantastic idea!  I know what you mean--now that I'm on Etsy, I think I'll probably end up buying all my Christmas gifts there because I love the idea of supporting fellow craftsters! Smiley

I make greeting cards, so I'm probably no help to you, but I was totally thinking of trying a Grateful Dead one! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissMeshell
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006 03:13:16 AM »

I'm definitely going to grab each person in my life something yummy from Etsy! And I'll endeavour to make something for each too and of course some storebought stuff.

I luuurrrve christmas shopping Cheesy

I've got a need for...

Dad - BBQ's, fishing, gardening, beer, videogames, football themed things

Mum - Sewing, quilting, gardening - flowers and bulbs, cats, cross stitch themed things

Mr M - Nyeh, he doesn't appreciate handmade so probably crappy storebought stuff for him, LOL.

Brother - Maybe a wallet? Ooh, maybe a tinymeat wallet! Cheesy

and I'm wanting to make little goodie bags for friends, swap partners and workmates with little crafts and bath and body things and the like Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snacker
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006 02:07:47 PM »

BitsyCreations, I have searched on etsy but I would prefer to buy from fellow craftsters that have etsy shops.  I know I hearted a lot of them but I haven't came across any shirt design makers yet....anyone???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy

flickr

wists
BitsyCreations
The eye sees a thing more clearly in dreams than the imagination awake. Leonardo DaVinci

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006 05:47:21 PM »

BitsyCreations, I have searched on etsy but I would prefer to buy from fellow craftsters that have etsy shops.  I know I hearted a lot of them but I haven't came across any shirt design makers yet....anyone???

I know I've come across some... and I'm about 90% sure they're here on craftster, too.  I'll walk through my steps again tomorrow and let you know.  I'm off to bed now! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

snacker
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006 08:17:55 PM »

Is your card really for free???!!!  Your cards are so cute, BitsyCreations.  I love your fall tree!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy

flickr

wists
BitsyCreations

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006 04:46:07 AM »

Is your card really for free???!!!  Your cards are so cute, BitsyCreations.  I love your fall tree!

Thanks!!!  It's so nice to get compliments.  Smiley  Yeah, you really can get a card for free!  I really just need to get my name out there.  Wink  If you're interested, just let me know and I'll send one your way!  You know how to find me on etsy & here's my email:  bitsycreations@gmail.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BitsyCreations

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006 04:47:48 AM »

OH!  And by the way, I looked again at the site I was thinking of.  Not a craftster.  Maybe you could post something over in the clothing forums?  Like under Techniques, there's the silk-screening forum and it looks like some people there have shops on etsy...

(Etsy's not working at the moment.  Otherwise, I'd just direct-link you!)  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006 06:36:02 AM by BitsyCreations » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosali

English Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006 09:25:15 AM »

I love this idea, I've already spoken to Jen at http://bindingtwine.etsy.com and she's making my mum a brooch for Xmas, hopefully will find all my other gifts on etsy too Smiley
At the moment I'm thinking
A pack of cute modern xmas cards
Gorgeous smelling bath & beauty goodies
Funky birthday cards for my three friends who were born around xmas

« Last Edit: October 01, 2006 04:29:57 AM by rosali » THIS ROCKS   Logged
cajunfamilymomof2
love crafting

CHATS DESIGNS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2006 08:32:19 PM »

i do make bracelets just havent posted any yet. just started my shop last thursday. right now i have totebags,jean purses,necklace sets, scapular, and a bow but more is to come soon if interested just pm me and we can pick out colors might even have some in stock that i just havent posted yet
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CHAT DESIGNS
DESIGNS FOR THE EVERYDAY PERSON
www.cajunbaglady.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tim Gunn on Petite Fashion
When Tim Gunn Discovered Fashion
Tim Gunn on Flattering Your Figure
What To Wear In Transitional Weather, from Tim Gunn
The Longest Length Your Skirt Should Be Is...
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...