A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 316,235
Currently Running With Scissors:
271 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gifts for Camp Counselors  (Read 367 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PappyCat
« on: September 18, 2006 03:06:26 PM »

I'm going to be adult staff at an overnight camp for 6th graders this coming week. As adult staff, I'll be 'in charge' of about 5 high school counselors (who are in charge of kids, so I'm vicariously in charge of the kids, but only in case of emergencies) that are in my campsite.

During the week (it's just a week long camp) the High schoolers (and all adults involved) experience IMMENSE and INTENSE personal growth, and bond with each other like crazy. It's hard to understand, but it's a very serious and special thing. I've attended as a counselor and senior counselor, so I understand.

Now, I was hoping to make my girls (they will all be girls in my campsite, obviously) something cool to give them at the end of the week. Either something

I'm not a knitter, but I can do very BASIC sewing with the help of my mom, so that's an option.

I'm pretty good with jewelry and paper crafts, and can wing pretty much any craft that isn't niche based (knitting, crocheting, etc)

I was trying to think of something that I can give little bits of to the girls every evening, and than give the major part at the end of camp (kinda like giving parts of a charm bracelet...or...you get the idea.) But this doesn't have to be the way I go.

Strong themes at this camp are roses and pennies (I'd explain...but..) but I didn't want to go OVERBOARD with the rose and penny thing.  The camp is supposed to be about learning about nature, etc, but it's really about learning about yourself, understanding others, and learning how sometimes it's important to put the needs of others before yours.

Any suggestions would be AWESOME. I'd appreciate some responses ASAP, if possible! Thanks everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Arashala

Got a razorblade hat with a knife in the brim...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006 09:25:03 AM »

How about drilling a small hole in the top of shiny pennies and slipping a jump ring through it w/a small rose charm laying over the top of the penny & making necklaces? I'm trying to think of things that are fast but nice...or really cute shirt with the images and maybe in bleach pen or paint pen or something write the meanings all poetic across the back?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't matter how you get your love, just make sure that you do, if I can do it bet your ass that you can do it too..." -from Don't Matter

"Just a little slice of heaven....and a little taste of hell..."  -from Slice of Heaven

both by Mama Sweet (kick ass band FYI)
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects
OOOOOHKLAHOMA! Where the wind...
Tute Tuesday: Hand-Bound Book

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...