A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,083
Currently Running With Scissors:
508 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Feedback for the Swap Flake-ee / Receiver?  (Read 988 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ChloeZ

this is why graffitti rocks

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: September 18, 2006 12:37:43 PM »

I know this is probably a sensitive topic, but:

I have been (or am currently in) 7 swaps. I was SO excited about swaps when I discovered them on Craftster and it's why I became a FOC.

But of the 7 swaps I have had 3 flakers and one major dissapointment. I was wondering if it was possible to have it listed in feedback that the participant was flaked on.  (just to clarify - it would thus say in my feedback that I got positive and that I was flaked on by my partner and was angel-ed). It might just be nice to note.

I don't really want to participate in swaps anymore because of all of the dissapointment. Even when I get an angel the swap is ancient history and my excitement has vanished. (Not to mention feeling like a diva and begging for something to be done about it)

I think it might be helpful too for the organizers to see if someone has had several bum partners to maybe pair them up with a pro who will treat them nice (I would love that!).

I know that swapping is a mixed bag and I have had an open mind but, well, it's getting to me.

I've never organized a swap, is this something that would be helpful to organizers? Or is it something that would make me feel better but that's about it?

xoxI'm trying not to get bitter and I'm sure after a few months I'll jump back in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.knitmoi.blogspo t.com

I really really really would love to have Interweave Knits Spring 2007 for those Eunny Chang entrelac socks. . . Does anyone want to swap for it?! I have yarn, I can sew, embroider, knit.
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006 12:42:46 PM »

I don't know that it would help me as an organizer, but it may help some. If you want it noted in your profile that you were flaked on, you can always ask your organizer to put it in your comments. In addition, next time you sign up for a swap, go ahead and mention to your organizer when you sign up that you have had several people flake on you. I'm sure most will try to take care to pair you up with someone they trust.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like it? Check out my newly re-opened Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006 01:32:21 PM »

whenever anyone is flaked on in one of my swaps, i try to indicate that in their feedback. i've had a few cases where i knew people had been flaked on in past swaps, so i purposely tried to match them up with people i knew to be good swappers. i'm sure not all organizers think of this, but some of us try!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
ChloeZ

this is why graffitti rocks

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006 01:43:42 PM »

Thanks guys!

I hate to sound like a princess, I think I had just had a grrrr moment.

But I love craftster and I think the organizers always do a great job.

It's funny for 2 of my 3 flakers I knew as soon as we were paired they were going to flake but I sent anyway, and well, I should have learned my lesson I guess. (neither had posted in the thread of the swap and were not very active on craftster. . .).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.knitmoi.blogspo t.com

I really really really would love to have Interweave Knits Spring 2007 for those Eunny Chang entrelac socks. . . Does anyone want to swap for it?! I have yarn, I can sew, embroider, knit.
ChloeisCrazy
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006 05:50:51 PM »

ChloeZ aww don't quit swaps, you make such awesome stuff!! Hmm, that might be one of the reasons haha that you do want to..?
But I completely agree about everything you wrote in the opening post, it sounds just like my swapping experience almost!! I have recieved some cool stuff.
And I know some organizers do note it in your feedback, it's noted in one of the swaps in my profile that I was flaked on. I think it is a good idea for organizers to put it in too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
abbynormal
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006 07:48:09 PM »

I think we all kinda have that quesy feeling when we see that a swap partner doesn't post much. I think it's a good idea to keep it in the feedback though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Good morning sunshine!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ombré Noodles: Add 50 Shades of Pink to Your Meal
Thai Skirt Steak With Carrot Salad
Asian-Style Pork Chops Recipe
Bamboo Shoots Sukiyaki
Collard Greens Salad Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...