A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,365
Currently Running With Scissors:
421 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Carnival Birthday Party Was A Success!!! - Image Heavy  (Read 9273 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

NLJ
« on: September 18, 2006 07:30:31 AM »

My carnival birthday party for my 6 year old was a huge success.  I couldn't have done it without the help of my friends and family.  I recruited people to man each booth.  When the kids got to the party they were instructed to take a goody bag, play games to win tickets and cash the tickets in for prizes and food.  We made balloon hats for the kids and we played carnival music.

We had prizes like, vampire teeth, pencils that said "Happy 6th Birthday Nora", puzzle notepads, stickers, bookmarks, erasers, candy, bracelets and lizards.

For food we had hotdogs, popcorn and snowcones.

For most of the games I hung colorful tableclothes as the backdrop for each game, I made a decorative sign using scrapbook paper and each game helper had an apron that held their tickets.

For games we had ring toss, clothespin drop and ball toss.

Football

Smash the Nut and Soak the Muscle Man

After a while the kids wanted to stick their heads in the hole and get soaked by the sponge.  It was great!

Tattoos, Pick a Pop and Spray Away

During present time I had all of the kids sit with their presents and I handed each one of them a playing card.  When I called their card, each kid handed my daughter their present and then got their picture taken in the muscle man cutout.

I'm going to uses these pictures as the thank you card.

We then had cake.  I made a "Hotdog" cake out of pound cake and Twinkies. 

When I served the slices I asked each kid if they wanted ketchup and mustard (red & yellow frosting in ketchup and mustard squirt bottles).

It was such a great party I don't know how I'll be able to top it next year!

I forgot to post a picture of the invitations.  Here is the front and the wording I printed on the back.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2006 05:39:34 PM by NLJ » THIS ROCKS   Logged
rhino
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006 07:32:20 AM »

what a awesome idea! sure beats the typical cardboard cutout princess party Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art is why I get up in the morning; my definition ends there. You know it doesn't seem fair, that I'm living for something I can't even define. And there you are right there, in the mean time."
Out of Habit (Ani Difranco)
http://www.rhino.etsy.com
SewingLori
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006 07:34:54 AM »

You are one helluva mommy! Good job! That looks like an amazing time.  I bet all the kids are talking about it at school this morning. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tiegan

The Dude Abides

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006 08:09:12 AM »

If that wasnt just the cutest & well thought out party ever! Im sure Nora was thrilled! :-)
Hugs
Elphalba
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pop into my Blog and say Hi!
http://pumpernickelandrye.wordpress.com/

Non judgement day is near.
50srocknrollergirl
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006 01:31:25 PM »

Omg! that yellow and red frosting in ketchup bottles was clever!  At first I was like...but theres no frosting on the pound cake! Good job on all the games!   Your daughter will remember it forever.  Was it her kindergaten class?  I want to do this theme for Georgie's birthday when he's in kindergarten.  He's only 3 but I already start buying things!  Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006 01:43:17 PM »

This is seriously the most amazing party I have ever seen! I wish I could have been there to see all of that in action! (I would have brought a present of course)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Guess who's back?
NLJ
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006 04:31:24 PM »

This was my daughter's first grade class.  We also had several preschoolers. 

For the cake I mixed red and brown to make the frosting look like the color of a hotdog.  I cut out a trench in the pound cake and trimmed the sides and placed the Twinkies inside it.  I used the red and brown frosting on the Twinkies.  I should have put the red (ketchup) and yellow (mustard) frosting in the microwave for a little while to soften it up so I could squirt it easier.

If anyone has any questions about the party, I would love to share what I did.  Thanks for all the great comments.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandalol219
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006 04:34:00 PM »

You are the greatest! I would have LOVED to have a party like this when I was 6! I'll have to hold one for my cousins, they would have a blast!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi, I'm Amanda =]

I'm just getting back into this, but if any pictures are missing, let me know. Photobucket hates me.
Artdoll
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006 08:54:52 PM »

Hot dog cake...that's awesome! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Practice random acts of creativity.
McJulie-O
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006 06:17:52 AM »

Hot dog cake...that's awesome! Smiley

I, too, am blown away by the cake...that is the most wonderful, imaginative, spectacularly inventive cake I've seen!

Great job on executing all the terrific ideas! Looks like everyone had a great time!

Don't even think of trying to top it next time.....you just CAN'T! (Give the other mothers a break!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fix a Makeup Mistake Without Ruining All Your Hard Work
Get a Perfect Cat-Eye Every Single Time
The Perfect Shadow for Your Eye Color
How to Fake Flawless Skin in Seconds
2 Kickass Ways to Wear Divergent Liner
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...