A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 315,691
Currently Running With Scissors:
432 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 1129288 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Gypsygurl
« Reply #2750 on: May 09, 2006 07:44:55 PM »

Thank you, thank you! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Secret Society of Tortured Daughters-In-Law - Hate your MIL? Join the Society today!
starlight1221
« Reply #2751 on: May 09, 2006 09:41:36 PM »

Hey BambiKhantastic, I've got a ? about the chameleon inks...I've been thinking about getting a tattoo but I have a crapload of allergies so I'd really want to get it with the chameleon since the ingredients are listed on the site.  but last time I checked, the site hadn't been updated in years.  Do you by chance have any idea where I could find an updated list of places that use chameleon, or know of any place near chicago, omaha, or in Iowa that might use it? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2752 on: May 10, 2006 10:09:59 AM »

Ooh, are you pleased with it? I think a henna-colored tattoo would be so pretty, but I haven't really seen any around.

i'm super pleased with it.  the tattoo artist i used tried to talk me out of getting it done in brown ink because it fades more quickly than black... i thought about it, but i wanted it to actually look like henna, so i chose brown.  i haven't noticed any fading or anything, but even if it did i think it would add to the henna effect.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
BambiKhantastic
Craftster's Resident Tattoo Artist

Taloola Rocks my World!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2753 on: May 10, 2006 11:32:01 AM »

Starlight: I know, chameleon's site looks like It's NEVER been updated. Imagine my worry when I place a huge order(that stuff is spendy!) and I hear NOTHING from them for three weeks. Not an e-mail confirmation, nothing. I live in the middle of the country, so I'm used to superfast delivery. I called 'em, and they had my order, they're still doing a brisk business. They're just a little lazy.

Check BME for their blacklight stuff. There should be a litsing there. Or alternatively, you can find an artist that you like, and ask them if they would be interested in trying out the UV ink. You could purchase it, or they could, and try it out together. Keep in mind it needs to be applied with a blacklight on. Most tattoo artists are up for trying new things, and chameleon packages their ink with application instructions. OH, and if you have allergies, make sure you do a patch test with the ink first. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StephInTheCity
candy-coated crafter

Crafting is sexy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2754 on: May 10, 2006 03:17:49 PM »

Here's my most recent ink.  The close up makes it look distorted because I was all twisted around trying to take the pic.  It's hard to take pictures of your own back!  It's mottled looking because it's already starting to peel, and you can't really tell how vibrant the colors are either.  In the smaller one, you can see it better in relation to the stars across the top of my back. 

Oh, PS--the top one was done in the mirror.  It's actually on my right shoulder blade.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I was any more open, I'd be inside out.
BambiKhantastic
Craftster's Resident Tattoo Artist

Taloola Rocks my World!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2755 on: May 10, 2006 07:16:42 PM »

Love it, steph. That's some really nice work. The lines are nice and clean, the colour looks great, and the design is fantastic. Congrats to you and your artist!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

helen highwater
not really called helen.

oh sufjan! let me bear your children!

View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: May 11, 2006 12:53:08 PM »

So, I was robot:pobot, then I realised that name sucked so I got a new one.

I thought I would post a better picture, without cling film and blood and glare. But with a nice shiny shoe. It's still a little red, but meh.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

not really called helen. but it's a pretty name.
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2757 on: May 11, 2006 12:56:22 PM »

this may be explained somewhere else, but what's your tat mean, helen highwater?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
helen highwater
not really called helen.

oh sufjan! let me bear your children!

View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: May 11, 2006 01:01:51 PM »

"post tenebras lux" (latin)  means "after darkness, light", i got it to remind myself that even though i'm going through tough times, i'll become a better person because of it in the end Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

not really called helen. but it's a pretty name.
iheartalex

Makeshift Apparel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2759 on: May 11, 2006 01:24:20 PM »

"post tenebras lux" (latin)  means "after darkness, light", i got it to remind myself that even though i'm going through tough times, i'll become a better person because of it in the end Smiley

Did you get that phrase from MSM? I read that and now I want to get the word hope tattooed on my wrist.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Process of Painting a Wolf
How to Paint a Straight Line
Inspiration of a Printmaking Artist
Turning a Painting Passion into a Fashion Career
How to Draw Monkey D Luffy from One Piece Manga
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...
Flower Power!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...