A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 305,431
Currently Running With Scissors:
473 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 1053863 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #2260 on: March 03, 2006 10:44:37 PM »

OH that is a super cute tat. I kinda want a knitting tattoo, but I think I'll wait a couple years until knitting really becomes a part of my soul to get one.
« Reply #2261 on: March 04, 2006 11:30:41 PM »

Mmmm tattoos.

My first angel.

My second angel.

I don't have a picture of my first tattoo on this computer right now, but if I find one, i'll put it up Wink
Hannah Z
« Reply #2262 on: March 05, 2006 06:52:15 AM »

Hey guys, I've just spent the last few hours reading the whole of this thread again with my jaw open Shocked Grin Some amazing tattoos!

Anyway, I have a question...

I got a tattoo on my foot in August last year, it starts at my ankle and ends just before my big toe curving around with my foot, but I think its crap! I checked the artwork and everything before I gave the artist the go ahead, but the whole thing just looks badly drawn and I'm kind of embarressed by it Cry I'm thinkig of getting a cover up but can I do that so soon after the orginal was done?

I love the idea (my own!) and the design on paper was fine but the finished thing just isn't quite right.

And if anyone has any recs for artists in Glasgow or Edinburgh then let me know!

« Reply #2263 on: March 05, 2006 08:59:52 AM »

Here's a listing I found on google of tattoo shops in and around Edinburgh and Glasgow. Look at each artist's work and find which one fits the art you want. If they don't have pictures listed,  stop in and look at their portfolio and talk to the artist. If they don't have a portfolio, don't have your tattoo done by them. If they can't get a portfolion together they're either crappy artists or they don't care enough about what they're putting on people. Every good artist should be able to show you something , whether it's drawings, paintings or tattoos that they've done on other people. Have them do a tracing of the one on your foot and make an appt. to see the drawing of what the cover up will look like before you get it done. This usually requires a deposit, but they put it towards your tattoo. It takes longer to get your tattoo completed this way, but at least you can see: A- how good the artist is and B- what the cover up should look like. Maybe try to find a shop that specializes in custom artwork. They usually care more about what they do than a shop who does a lot of flash. Good luck!
« Reply #2264 on: March 05, 2006 01:37:10 PM »

A picture of my day of the dead themed wedding....the tattoo

I'm not a llama anymore!

View Profile
« Reply #2265 on: March 05, 2006 01:38:16 PM »

alright, you tattooed beauties, i need your help! i have no ink myself, as of yet, but i have been following this thread since its inception. fascinating! when i saw clattermachine's "equilibre" on this inside of her wrist, i was inspired! i love the placement and the fact that it can be a reminder to you every time you see it.

what i hoping for help on is suggestions for wording. i essentially want to remind myself to trust myself/believe in myself/don't doubt myself. it's a long story but i'm going through a tough time right now and that's what i need to be reminded of. the problem is, i don't think i want it in english, because i don't want your average joe on the street to come up and be able to read it and know what it's referring to. not that it's a secret, but i just want it to be more personal than that. i'm thinking that, again like clattermachine, i want it in french because i've studied french and really like the language.

so, are there any francophones who would like to help with verbage? i'm thinking i want some variation of the reflexive verb "se fier" but "croire" is in my head too. part of the problem is i don't want it to be too short, but i also don't want it too long. i asked this same question on the board for France too, but haven't gotten any suggestions there yet.

ideas, anyone?

where are we going, and why am i in this handbasket?

Glcklich mich

View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: March 05, 2006 02:23:14 PM »

wildflowerz- that is beautiful!!! i really like it!

please help some animals by clicking here!
OH! and there are other tabs so you can do more helpful things. YAY!!
« Reply #2267 on: March 05, 2006 02:59:16 PM »

Your  Day of the Dead themed tattoo is very pretty Wildflowerz!
« Reply #2268 on: March 05, 2006 09:15:03 PM »

I love the angels, especially the first one.

I swear to the stars... I'll burn this whole city down

turn it up, so you know it's got soul... jellyroll

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2269 on: March 05, 2006 10:42:16 PM »

im going to winnipeg in a few days is there anyone on here that knos of a good tattoo shop there? im sure i wont beable to get in cause its so short notice  but you never know... so anyone?

also i live in alberta isthere anyone from here thatknows good shops here?? calgary or edmonton?

thanks ladies and gents
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Perfect Brows from a Celeb Makeup Artist
The Best All in One Lip Formula Ever
Sandal Season Must: Flawless Feet
Breakthrough: Anti-Aging Lip Color
Remove Oil & Blackheads with a Sponge
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family
Meatless Monday: Guava Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...