A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 300,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
543 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 979984 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AmyE
« Reply #2040 on: January 28, 2006 12:37:29 PM »

Kristieb where are you going to get your tat. Im thinking of getting myself a birthday present of my daughters name on my wrist and have had no luck finding an artist or shop Id go back to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Store!!
www.mysweetloveablegoods.etsy.com
viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2041 on: January 28, 2006 12:39:00 PM »

i had a similar experience when i got my stomach tattooed.. the guy wouldnt do the whole thing in one sitting because of past customers passing out or whatever...i just went along with it and did it in 2 sessions..he tried to talk me out of it also...i think all people are different like others have said...ive got my ribs done, well half done..i cant remember much about it, it was so long ago, but im thinking it did hurt a bit..thats not why its only half done though, i just got lazy on it and started other tattoos..hah..one day it might be finished...and covered..its bad!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
avsceriline
« Reply #2042 on: January 28, 2006 01:08:16 PM »

Another newbie question...

I'm considering getting my first tattoo, as a congratulatory piece because I lost about fourty pounds. I actually lost the weight over a year ago, but I've been kind of nervous about selection, placement, etc. Honestly, reading this thread (all eighty gajillion pages of it  Wink) has really helped me in making my decision. So thanks! Craftsters rock in so many different ways.  Grin

I've finally picked what I want (a stem of orchids), and I've got two places in mind, but the issue is that I'm allergic to nickel. I have been unable to substantiate this, but I have been told that some pigments contain different metals, for color. Now, I've seen what nickel can do to my skin if I don't wear nickel-free earrings, and I do NOT want it as a permanent addition to my body if I get a tattoo. Is there metal in tattoo ink? If so, is there such thing as nickel-free inK? If anyone knows about this, or knows where I can get more information, it would really help me out. Thanks so much!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006 01:12:10 PM by avsceriline » THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | staarlight: my Etsywistsflickr

I <3 personal swaps! Check out my flickr page to see what I can do.
determinedimprovisation

overly-excited crafter of all trades

View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: January 28, 2006 01:18:08 PM »

this pages lists the common ingredients in each color of tattoo ink and other info for the sensitive-skinned.  http://www.dermadoctor.com/pages/newsletter113.asp?AID=1067
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandie
« Reply #2044 on: January 28, 2006 01:31:29 PM »

i guess that I'm weird. i don't think that tattoos hurt. annoying, yes. painful, not to me. i enjoy getting tattoed. i read and take little naps. my husband is the same way.

That is my husband and me too. I like "playing" with the pain. I start thinking this is going to hurt - and then it does, then I start thinking it's going to sting and then it does, then I get bored and I don't think of it anymore and then its just annoying not painful- most people think I'm nuts. This is coming from a woman who was in stage three labour and couldn't feel it - the nurses thought I was crazy - it just felt like my worst cramps.

I wish I could say the same. I think you gals (and husbands) are *very* lucky. I know women who say child birth doesn't hurt and is orgasmic so I guess everyone is different!

orgasmic. that made me laugh. i didn't enjoy labor, but i did it with no drugs. it wasn't as bad as i was expecting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AmyE
« Reply #2045 on: January 28, 2006 01:42:50 PM »

Mandie I just wanted to say in your post of your tats I was immediatly jealous I wish I had your style I want to be a mom who looks like you! Sorry Im kind of having an identity crisis right now before me girl I was pierced and all that then I had her and felt like because Im only 22 I better grow up and start looking like a mom for whatever reason. Now I want my old look back  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Store!!
www.mysweetloveablegoods.etsy.com
xkrazyx
Krazy Kayla

Krazy Kayla

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2046 on: January 28, 2006 01:53:10 PM »

This is My tattoo.
I designed it, and have wanted it forever.
It's my very own logo.
People ask me why I need a logo?
Cause I'm gonna be a rockstar, and I just do!
Dammit!
So i got it inked on me about a month ago, and I absoloutely love it, and i will be getting plenty more!

I hope eceryone likes...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<b><3 Krazy Kayla </b
serenityinsleep
« Reply #2047 on: January 28, 2006 02:08:30 PM »

Another newbie question...

I'm considering getting my first tattoo, as a congratulatory piece because I lost about fourty pounds. I actually lost the weight over a year ago, but I've been kind of nervous about selection, placement, etc. Honestly, reading this thread (all eighty gajillion pages of it  Wink) has really helped me in making my decision. So thanks! Craftsters rock in so many different ways.  Grin

I've finally picked what I want (a stem of orchids), and I've got two places in mind, but the issue is that I'm allergic to nickel. I have been unable to substantiate this, but I have been told that some pigments contain different metals, for color. Now, I've seen what nickel can do to my skin if I don't wear nickel-free earrings, and I do NOT want it as a permanent addition to my body if I get a tattoo. Is there metal in tattoo ink? If so, is there such thing as nickel-free inK? If anyone knows about this, or knows where I can get more information, it would really help me out. Thanks so much!

Ooh, my sister is also allergic to nickel. She got her tattoo without even thinking of it (nor did anyone else, honestly) and she had no problems. She didn't have any infection, scarring, or anything. Of course, different tattoo parlors probably use different inks, so I'd suggest checking in with the specific place you want to get inked at.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkMafia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2048 on: January 28, 2006 02:41:34 PM »

i guess that I'm weird. i don't think that tattoos hurt. annoying, yes. painful, not to me. i enjoy getting tattoed. i read and take little naps. my husband is the same way.

That is my husband and me too. I like "playing" with the pain. I start thinking this is going to hurt - and then it does, then I start thinking it's going to sting and then it does, then I get bored and I don't think of it anymore and then its just annoying not painful- most people think I'm nuts. This is coming from a woman who was in stage three labour and couldn't feel it - the nurses thought I was crazy - it just felt like my worst cramps.

I wish I could say the same. I think you gals (and husbands) are *very* lucky. I know women who say child birth doesn't hurt and is orgasmic so I guess everyone is different!

orgasmic. that made me laugh. i didn't enjoy labor, but i did it with no drugs. it wasn't as bad as i was expecting.

These are drug free experiences also. I gave birth naturally and thought- I get why people use drugs!

Has anyone tried that new topical stuff that numbs? My friend (a guy of course) told me about it and I was wondering if anyone has used it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
chrysta

Oh, my, a nungry beast.

View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: January 28, 2006 05:14:40 PM »

My 1984 tattoo. It says "War is peace, slavery is freedom, ignorance is strength."

Yesss! I really wanted to get that tattooed onto the small of my back when I first read 1984, although in a more... military (?) font.  I was 12 at the time, so it naturally did not happen.
Maybe, though.  That really re-excited me.  Smiley 

Edited because I was naughty and left the image in the quote.  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006 06:23:02 PM by chrysta » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Wallet Out of Fabric
How to Make Basic Embroidery Designs
How to Attach Sequins to Clothes
How to Attach a Coat Button
How to Make a Slip Stitch
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...