A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,560
Currently Running With Scissors:
671 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 935926 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PinkMafia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1980 on: January 25, 2006 12:03:51 AM »

I don't want someone not calling me to sew an awesome wedding dress (in which i can charge major $$$...and get more tats!!) just because of a lip piercing and pink hair and a few gorgeous tats!

I'm making a wedding dress (for lots of $$$) for someone right now, mods and all. I think it depends where you are. Hawaiians have tattoo'd themselves forever so its less uptight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costum e maven.
maytina
knitting is hot

just keep knitting!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1981 on: January 25, 2006 02:54:39 AM »

I've done the professional business world with all nine tattoos. I worked in the court system with judges, lawyers and the accused. I was dressing 'proper' because the job entailed it, not to hide my tats. And occasionally, my wrist stars or my stick girl on my neck would show and people were surprised because they had come to know mw for me, and even the judges didn't see much of an issue with them.

Having said that, I no longer have that job because staying home with my kids is more important to my husband and I, so he's working in an office as a program developer, and also has several tattoos, no one has said a word about them, and they were visable during his interviews.

I also agree that choosing not to work in a situation were you'd be judged for your tattoos/hair makes life a lot easier. It's sad that it happens at all, but having the conviction to turn down a good job because they'd hold it against you is awesome.

My father has a lot of tattoos, he has since he was a young teenager, and he's never had a work related issue because of them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugarkitty
so cute it hurts...

so cute it hurts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1982 on: January 25, 2006 04:27:57 AM »

Its my mission to prove to the world that tattoo'd people can be responsible, successful and have professional careers. My husband is an architect (he has lots of tattoo's and is getting one on his neck soon) and I'm an office manager  ( I handle all of the finances) for a general contractor. We build very high end custom homes and I meet with (rich, professional) clients all of the time. At first they are taken aback by my chestpiece or septum piercing but then they warm up and see that I'm a normal and nice person. I have a tattoo'd friends who is in schooll to be lawyer, one who is the owner of a mortgage company  and many other professional careers. I don't believe in conforming and would never work in a place that judged me by my tattoo's. I have always been pierced and tattoo'd and never once has an employer told me I wasn't allowed because it has nothing to do with the work I do. I haven't worked in many corporate places like Target of whatever and have stuck with locally owned places because they tend not to have ridiculous rules about appearance. I'm not saying run out and get covered in tattoo's at a young age because its best to wait until you are certain that its what you want but definately there have to be pioneers who show the world that tattooes don't mean you are ghetto, a loser, white trash..... I do however tone down my look and don't dye my hair crazy colors like I would like.  Tongue

Thank you for this!

I am not *that* young, and I have a  successful career - so I feel free to pick and choose the placements of my tattoos, and don't plan to stop. Fortunately, I own my own business, and work out of my home - so no one cares what I look like, and I do make plenty of money. However, I have had the corporate career job where I had to dress up and sit in a cubicle all day long...and I never once had to cover my tattoos. In fact, I've never worked anywhere my tattoo were not accepted, and I've *always* had a job. 

I'v never lost a client because of being tattooed; no one has ever walked away from a booth at a craft show, or not purchased an item of mine because of my mods. I have a bachelors degree, a very successful husband, I'm not a degenerate...  You're right, Pink Mafia, there have to be pioneers to break the ridiculous stereotypes - Just because you're tattooed doesn't mean you can't have a career or get dressed up.  You should put thought into your tattoos, no matter your age, your career, or social status.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugarkittycorsets.c om ~ sugarstuff.com ~ sugarkitty.etsy.com
Rylizbeth

I don't remember...

View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: January 25, 2006 06:11:10 AM »

Its my mission to prove to the world that tattoo'd people can be responsible, successful and have professional careers. My husband is an architect (he has lots of tattoo's and is getting one on his neck soon) and I'm an office manager  ( I handle all of the finances) for a general contractor. We build very high end custom homes and I meet with (rich, professional) clients all of the time. At first they are taken aback by my chestpiece or septum piercing but then they warm up and see that I'm a normal and nice person. I have a tattoo'd friends who is in schooll to be lawyer, one who is the owner of a mortgage company  and many other professional careers. I don't believe in conforming and would never work in a place that judged me by my tattoo's. I have always been pierced and tattoo'd and never once has an employer told me I wasn't allowed because it has nothing to do with the work I do. I haven't
worked in many corporate places like Target of whatever and have stuck with locally owned places because they tend not to have ridiculous rules about appearance. I'm not saying run out and get covered in tattoo's at a young age because its best to wait until you are certain that its what you want but definately there have to be pioneers who show the world that tattooes don't mean you are ghetto, a loser, white trash..... I do however tone down my look and don't dye my hair crazy colors like I would like.  Tongue

Thank you for this!

I am not *that* young, and I have a  successful career - so I feel free to pick and choose the placements of my tattoos, and don't plan to stop. Fortunately, I own my own business, and work out of my home - so no one cares what I look like, and I do make plenty of money. However, I have had the corporate career job where I had to dress up and sit in a cubicle all day long...and I never once had to cover my tattoos. In fact, I've never worked anywhere my tattoo were not accepted, and I've *always* had a job. 

I'v never lost a client because of being tattooed; no one has ever walked away from a booth at a craft show, or not purchased an item of mine because of my mods. I have a bachelors degree, a very successful husband, I'm not a degenerate...  You're right, Pink Mafia, there have to be pioneers to break the ridiculous stereotypes - Just because you're tattooed doesn't mean you can't have a career or get dressed up.  You should put thought into your tattoos, no matter your age, your career, or social status.

Well said. Both of you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cbass

You can bet your balls it's Neil Diamond!

View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: January 25, 2006 06:47:20 AM »

cbass - whats that of?

They are the initials of a friend of mine that passed away, but I flipped them around. Now I want to get a light bulb around it and have the letters look like the wire.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meowari
« Reply #1985 on: January 25, 2006 07:35:37 AM »

I'm lucky my job doesn't have a problem with my tattoos or piercings, I was worried about it when I interviewed (it's at an ad agency that deals only with pharmaceuticals), but they didn't care as long as I follow the dress code and do my work. Here are two shots of the one I started on Sun.:

Sorry they're so blurry, but it's a hard area to take a picture of by yourself.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009 01:10:25 PM by jungrrl - Reason: tried to fix pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged
michaelasmom

Nobody is born a bigot..........

View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: January 25, 2006 09:27:19 AM »

im planning on getting a tattoo for my birthday thats coming up in march, so im checking things out now. does anyone know of a good place in the pittsburgh, pa area? i want to be really confident in whatever artist i choose, so if anyone has any idea, please let me know.  Smiley

My best friend got 2 of hers at a shop in Indiana PA while pursuing her PhD at IUP.  If you'd like I can get the name of the shop from her.  Indiana is about 45 minutes from Pittsburgh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Any idiot can handle a crisis.  It's the day to day living that wears you out."  -- Anton Checkov
michaelasmom

Nobody is born a bigot..........

View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: January 25, 2006 09:52:09 AM »

We got married on Halloween in a little chapel here in my town (Columbus, OH). The officiant was dying to wear a witch hat, so we said, 'What the hell?' We had a Day of the Dead-themed reception the following weekend - tattoos and all. Tongue

Sweet!I live in Parkersburg WV.
[/quote]

Really?  I live in Ripley WV
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Any idiot can handle a crisis.  It's the day to day living that wears you out."  -- Anton Checkov
amytron
« Reply #1988 on: January 25, 2006 10:43:17 AM »

i'm planning on painting a bunch of salad plates with pictures of traditional tattoo artwork and i figured this would be a good place to get suggestions for the pieces i should paint.  so far i'm planning on doing a sparrow, heart with "mom" ribbon, nautical star, pinup, and i've finished painting one with an anchor.  any suggestions would be great, and if you can give me a pic too that would be awesome.  thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity takes courage"  ~ Henri Matisse

http://www.wists.com/notkidding
Fuaim Catha

live without regret

View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: January 25, 2006 11:23:55 AM »

im planning on getting a tattoo for my birthday thats coming up in march, so im checking things out now. does anyone know of a good place in the pittsburgh, pa area? i want to be really confident in whatever artist i choose, so if anyone has any idea, please let me know.  Smiley

My best friend got 2 of hers at a shop in Indiana PA while pursuing her PhD at IUP.  If you'd like I can get the name of the shop from her.  Indiana is about 45 minutes from Pittsburgh.

what shop was it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Playing Darts - Game Etiquette
Playing Darts - Counting and Around the World
Playing Darts - Burma Road
Playing Darts - 27 and 28
Playing Darts - The Game of Cricket
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...