A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,236
Currently Running With Scissors:
598 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 968709 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Morning Star
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

feel my chest when i look at you, baby you, you got my only heart.

suppose i said, you're my saving grace?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1970 on: January 24, 2006 07:56:18 PM »

I think it would be ok, too. As long as your boss is fine with it, i wouldn't worry.

you have cute hair, which is something I pay more attention when i'm going to a salon.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-mayor west?
-how do you know my language?

i made an info blog for my swap partners.
http://mon-seul.livejournal.com/

i now have a wist list!

www.wists.com/morningstar
grrrromit

The eggstraordinary life of Madeline

View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: January 24, 2006 07:59:41 PM »

I spent 7 years stressing about tattoos being visible, and I've finally decided to heck with it. I don't want to work anywhere that judges me based on tattoos and hair color. If you're really into making money, i can see how it would be a big deal, often associated with more "conservative dress," business settings, etc., but those sorts of jobs make me miserable anyway. I'm a manager at a local bakery, have visible tattoos and dye my hair, am 25 years old, and get mad respect from coworkers and customers alike. I try really hard to be as nice, genuine, and fun+professional to try to little-by-little change the minds of people who look at me funny the first time. Yeah, I'm sure there are still SOME people who look down on me for it, but i don't put myself in positions where those people have a say in my life. I'm lucky enough to live in a really liberal college town, though, with a good sized population. I know it would be a whole different story if I were still in oh, say, Mansfield, Ohio, or Lindale, Texas. profession and location do make a big difference. I have a dream.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Maplestory! Windia forever! Hunt me down, I'm MingyDingus! Smiley
scissorchic
« Reply #1972 on: January 24, 2006 08:01:39 PM »

Thank you!  Yeah, I hope that no one is really bothered by it.  I just hate when they say "Why did you do that?".  It makes me want to ask them why they put on the shirt they did this morning or why they picked the hair style that they did.  It just seems like everyone thinks there must be some huge reason for my apperance change.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Morning Star

feel my chest when i look at you, baby you, you got my only heart.

suppose i said, you're my saving grace?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1973 on: January 24, 2006 08:12:04 PM »

people did that to me when i got my monroe. i had some people who thought it was so cool, and some who thought it was stupid. but you're gonna get that. what can you do? you can't please everyone
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-mayor west?
-how do you know my language?

i made an info blog for my swap partners.
http://mon-seul.livejournal.com/

i now have a wist list!

www.wists.com/morningstar
PinkMafia

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1974 on: January 24, 2006 08:16:20 PM »

You can make plenty of money with visible tattoo's. My friend owns a mortgage company, makes bank and has tribal tattoo's on her eyebrows. Very obvious but beautiful tattoo's and she has plenty of cash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
jezebel7383
« Reply #1975 on: January 24, 2006 08:32:19 PM »

You don't have any pictures of her tattoos do you? They sound pretty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkMafia

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1976 on: January 24, 2006 09:56:46 PM »

I don't. They are tribal lines on her eyebrows (their blonde) but not traditional tribal swirly style. They are a bunch of unconnected lines.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
blackstar
marathon sleeper

ha...my sunglasses are bigger than yours!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1977 on: January 24, 2006 09:58:11 PM »

yeah....i too feel am feeling the pain of mod love vs. my carreer.  

Fortunatley, I own my own company. I design/sew clothes, make jewellry and offer fashion consultations.  So I don't have to deal with a boss. But at the same time I don't want to lose clients over my appearance.
I have a bee tattoo on my neck..but my hair is thick and usually covers it.
I live in the Bahamas and people hear are still pretty much in the stoneage when it comes to mods except for the standard navel and ears.

I don't want someone not calling me to sew an awesome wedding dress (in which i can charge major $$$...and get more tats!!) just because of a lip piercing and pink hair and a few gorgeous tats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*wise men follow their own direction*~
j_en

Just stumbling through and trying my best.

View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: January 24, 2006 11:28:12 PM »

I don't want someone not calling me to sew an awesome wedding dress (in which i can charge major $$$...and get more tats!!) just because of a lip piercing and pink hair and a few gorgeous tats!
... very wise!

What the world may well need is some way of reproducing the look of the tattoo, but with the ease of wearability and discardability that we have with our clothes or makeup.  It would have to be something special to not sweat off I suppose, but imagine if you could design your own tattoos for special occasions and just wear them anywhere on your body, no matter how outrageous, knowing that by 9:00am Monday you'll be able to turn up to work with your money-making look intact!  Those considering permanent tattoos could experiment with dozens of looks before committing to the real ink.  I remember coming back from overseas with a temporary tattoo when I was quite young, for the express purpose of freaking out my mother.  It wouldn't have looked realistic to most people, but I knew it would fool mum (lol)(may she rest in peace).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jen
juniperl13
The one with the stripes

you look like lunch to me! ^_^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1979 on: January 25, 2006 12:00:12 AM »

There is a very heavily tattooed Japanese man who carefully applies skin-coloured makeup to his face, hands, and neck before going off to his job as a professor.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

Also, I have a blog at  http://neglectedblog.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Dress If You Have An “Apple” Shape
Grunge Fashion Trends
Louis Vuitton Resort 2014 Collection Revealed
Miley Cyrus Vs. Taylor Swift: Rocker Vs. Chic Fashion
The Vera Wang Dress Code
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner
Monsters, Monsters Everywhere

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...