A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,086
Currently Running With Scissors:
807 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 927215 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

opiate_rose
« Reply #1820 on: December 31, 2005 09:29:44 AM »

I know when I was living in Illinois, the law was that you had to be 21 unless you had previous professional ink, then you could be 18.  Wierd law I know, but I remember that when I went and got my industrial done.  I second the idea of waiting, at 18 I don't even remember what I wanted I waited until I was almost 21 and got my tat, and I'm way happy with it, but I think if I'd done it when I was younger I wouldn't have known what I wanted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1821 on: December 31, 2005 09:55:11 AM »

im getting work done on the 21st or 22nd of jan..i cant wait!..ill make sure i post lots of pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1822 on: December 31, 2005 10:11:18 AM »

I got my first tattoo three weeks [to the day] after my 18th birthday. My dad paid for it as my birthday/graduation present. That said, I have not gotten tired of it, although I have always kind of planned on adding to it. It's a graphic from a piece of artwork from my senior year of high school which had a lot of significance to me. its small, and located on the small of my back.

I got my dragon when I turned 20, again a gift from my dad. its my design, and this picture is a little old and washed out. I blame a. the camera flash and b. an ill-advised tubing trip on the apple river wherein i got very drunk and sunburnt. In reality it is still quite vibrant.

This last one is flash from my sister's tat. she got it done about a year and a half ago. It's my drawing, ink and prismacolor marker on vellum. Same artist who did both of my tattoos, and I wish I had a photo of the tat, which she got done about halfway down her spine. It does look exactly like the flash I did for her though.

Also, when I got my second tattoo done the artist didn't remember me [until she saw my earlier tattoo.] She also thought that I looked young, especially since my dad was with me [he just wanted to watch] and almost refused to tattoo me because most people think that in Maine you can get a tattoo under 18 with parental consent. While getting my dragon done she told me her 16 year old daughter desperately wanted a tattoo but she refused to do it until she turned 18 because she was risking her career if anyone who cared ever found out about it.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009 01:13:56 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
skyra

a fork is a fork of course

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1823 on: December 31, 2005 10:19:39 AM »

My tastes at 18/19 were incredibly immature compared to, 25 or 30.  I am still happy with my one small tribal tat around my ankle that I got at 18...but I was lucky.  It is SMALL.  The tat I got on my back at 19.  *sigh*  It isn't the worst tat in the world, but I was so desperate to get a tat, and I was SO SURE that that tat would rock...well, I have ruined a whole big canvas over a stupid large black celtic design that I didn't even know the meaning of (it is the celtic letter V.  Uh...V???  OOPS).  I really wish I would have waited until I had a bit more life experience, and a little more maturity before I started putting anything permanent on my body.  I know that this isn't the case with everybody, but it seems to be pretty common (go to BME into the IAM section [you have to pay or submit photos for entrance] and you will see tonnes of coverups from tattoos from when people were young). 

Really, in the whole scheme of ink on your skin, is a couple of years that big a deal? 
There are definitely some people out there that adore their tats that they got at 16, 17, 18, 19...but you are going to find MORE people who are thrilled with the tats they got a little later in life.  And further, I couldn't agree more with the quality of work coming out of studios that have strong morals about not tatting anyone under a certain age.   I am living proof, sitting here with 2 tattoos done in shabby studios (one in an addition on the guys trailer) that if I would have had patience, maybe even these tattoos would be spectacular Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting to save the world...one magnet at a time!!
http://www.torridcraftaffair.etsy.com
mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

« Reply #1824 on: December 31, 2005 12:15:31 PM »

The one piece of advise I can ever remember really taking from my mom; when I was 17 in the army and told her that I was going to get a tattoo, she told me "get it where noone can see it unless you want them to".  Well I must say at 17 that was very good advise. 

I went with my friend to get a tattoo and she screamed and carried on so much that I just picked a small Iris (generic).  It was on my lower back.  I ended up not liking it very much as noone could tell what it was, they said spider, and all kinds of strange things.  Well it took me actually for many reasons over 20 years to get it covered and get one that I really love. 

I agree, be careful when you are young, your tastes change, your interests change so don't get yourself stuck. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wrecktheplacefantastic
« Reply #1825 on: December 31, 2005 03:46:16 PM »

Meaning..? When I got them, and right now too, I was going through shitty times emotionally. The stars mean that someday I'm gonna find my way back to my (metaphorical) home, to a place where I feel comfortable with myself.

When that happens, I'll get another tattoo to signify it.

(sorry for the huge pic...)
(They're on my hips, if you can't tell.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
velvatier
« Reply #1826 on: January 07, 2006 09:26:13 PM »

this thread seemed a good first post for me, as i'm madly in love with my tattoos.

most recent and unfinished! i will FINALLY get this thing wrapped up at the end of this month!

my first love. one picture is the finished product, and the other is for placement purposes.

hooray! now i'm going to go look at everyone elses wonderful ink.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RaeAmazon

The Amazon Woman of North America

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1827 on: January 08, 2006 04:56:52 AM »

That one on your back is gorgeous, velvatier!  I love it!  Did you draw it yourself or have someone draw it specially for you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a writer but I still believe this:

Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flamethrower.
missfire
Give me an hour and I'll give you your dream...

Fire in the hole!

View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: January 08, 2006 09:47:41 AM »

This is April, she's my representation of me. (I'm a Sonar Technician in the Navy, I hunt for Subs and shoot torpedos. Hence Missfire...)

This is my abacus, it has my son's birthdate on it. It's not a full abacus (no room) so I created it to suit me.

I have a few more, a dragonfly I got while DRUNK in Vegas (never a good idea) a really big one on my lower back that says NEVER AGAIN, NEVER AGAIN, and a religious symbol for the religion my best friend and I made up while listening to Depeche Mode. I was 13 and did it myself. Silly, but at least it's low on my ankle... Man, are they addicting!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006 10:05:53 AM by missfire » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Know why chicken coops have 2 doors?

If they had 4 doors they'd be chicken sedans.
mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

« Reply #1829 on: January 08, 2006 12:48:50 PM »

I like that Missfire one.  Very nice and symbolic. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Steps to Becoming a Runner
Mary Higgins Clark: What Are You Reading?
Lauren Weisberger: What Are You Reading?
The Contagious Colors of Mumpley Middle School
The Fairest of Them All by Carolyn Turgeon
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...