A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,805
Currently Running With Scissors:
554 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 937493 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fredchinchilla
« Reply #1790 on: December 26, 2005 01:05:27 PM »

i'm not sure if this counts as a tattoo post, but i'll ask anyway
i REALLY want to get a brand of the constellation orion on my arm but i don't want to go to some random shop to get it.  do any of you know any shops that do branding in the boston area?
Beware- branding hurts A LOT, and it doesn't show up that well on some people's skin- I've gotten mine done twice and it still doesn't show up. It can cause really bad keloiding on some skin, too. I know it's not the same thing, but you might want to consider getting a tattoo of Orion instead of a branding.
 P.S.This sounds like I'm anti- branding, but I'm not- just do some research before you get one. BME is a good website to try.

thanks for your concern but branding is what i really have my heart set on. i've been thinking about it since i was about 10 (i saw someone get branded on the discovery channel wich is the best channel EVER). i have one tattoo on my wrist wich i kind of enjoyed getting so i'm not too worried about the pain aspect. i was just hoping that someone here would be able to suggest a good clean shop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vampirategurrl08
I'm kind of a big deal.

That's how I roll!

View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: December 27, 2005 11:29:09 AM »

I love this...all the tattoos I've seen on here are so beautiful!
Here's mine...
good old rose and butterfly...this was my first one, my mom let me get it for my 15th birthday (I'm 16 now) please excuse the blurry webcam pics

and here's my beloved Ankh i got on my back this fall...

they were both done by my uncle (he's a tattoo artist) for $40 each (Canadian)...and I'm getting another one today>>>my christmas present to myself
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Torn apart at the seams and my dreams turn to tears.

http://www.wists.com/kyy08
jMi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1792 on: December 27, 2005 12:38:16 PM »

Dont mind me if I've already posted this.. I have no memory  Undecided

Tattoo I got in memory of my dad and have decided I don't like it, so I'm going to get it covered. I think the artist rushed through it and I think it could have come out much better than it did. So I'm going to draw my own to cover it... I should have drawn my own in the first place.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
nessie

I'm a seamonster!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1793 on: December 27, 2005 12:45:23 PM »

Yes me too! I hate my stretchmarks! I was thinking getting really colorful fish on my hips, like facing my back.  They could be looking/tied into my other tattoo on my back.  What kind of peacock feathers were you thinking about, the whole fan of feathers thing?  Cause that sounds neat!

i would like a fan of very detailed peacock feathers about 4 inches high on both of my hips and slightly curving in towards my belly button.  not only do i think peacock feathers are very beautiful, but peacocks are also associated with goddesses (hera and sarasvati, for example).  i think it would be a great way for me to celebrate rather than feel self conscious about my body.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

typewrittenwhimsy.e tsy.com
scrappygirl085
« Reply #1794 on: December 27, 2005 12:49:44 PM »

I wouldn't cover it.  I think it's really nice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lyrem591
That's Mrs. Daniel Radcliffe to you

you didn't see anything...

View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: December 27, 2005 01:20:23 PM »

WOW.vampirategurrl08 i can't believe you have three tattoos and you're sixteen. that's so cool. my mom won't let me get my ear pierced a second time and i'm turning 15.  Lucky! i like the butterfly and rose by the way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...thrashing around like a pair of eels all over the place..."--Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1796 on: December 27, 2005 02:54:24 PM »

jMi, I like the cross, I don't think that you should cover it either. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kye

Crafty Blue Fairy.

View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: December 28, 2005 05:09:08 AM »

I have three tattoo's.
A phoenix on my back - right side hip (taken just after it was done. (ignore the strechmarks :S)
The phoenix is 20cm high and 17cm wide at the wingspan - this pic makes it look very small.
and
A Treble and Bass Clef on my spine.

Sadly, I dislike the way the tattooist completed the trebel clef, and it is going to cost me $120 to have it repaired at another studio.
I'm thinkiung while he is repairing it to have something added to it. It is only 10cm high and is quite small. I was thinking of 2 fairies either side of it. Mirror image.
I got the clefs done after a NVN NAtion concert and a Nine Inch Nails concert. I am really sad that the tattooist didn't get it right.....

I love tattoos and plan on getting another to represent my love of art. The other tattoo I am currently designing to sit on my left hip in a similar fashion to the phoenix and it will be a peacock.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005 05:15:28 AM by kye » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The smallest good deed is better than the grandest good intention." - Duguet
Lysol_Phresh

punkrock shitake

View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: December 28, 2005 07:47:28 AM »

hellooooo....i posted the outline forever ago...i got mucho work done though since then. one more session and its all done Grin
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/7528/rattatattat0gu.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged

woohoo! i totally rule.
Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1799 on: December 28, 2005 07:59:36 AM »

oh my giddy aunt.

I feel compelled to post here - instead of lurking like I usually do.

My dial-up and I have just spent hours going through this post, and the mild yearning I had to get another tattoo, has just exploded into full-blown desire. At the moment I just have the Japanese kanji for 'rabbit' on my waist, above my right hip. And it's not because I do it like a bunny, nor is it my chinese birth year - Usagi (that is, rabbit) is the first name of Sailormoon, my all time favourite cartoon character.

I've had plans for ages - either one around my forearm, or one on the inside of my wrists. Nothing large, I like them little, black, and symbolic.

Earlier tonight, I was reading a book on Maori culture, and saw a most incredible photo of traditional Maori tattoo work - I wish I could post an image but 1) copyright laws, and 2) I'm sans scanner. Basically the tattoo emanated from the belly button, flowed down over the mons, and up around the hips.

It did stir a question though, and one that I don't think has been tackled yet in this thread - is it right to appropriate cultural designs? I've had an idea for years and years and years to get a tattoo written in hanacaraka (and for all of you going 'huh?', here's an example - http://www.christusrex.org/www1/pater/JPN-javanese-huruf.html )

I just worry a little about appropriating someone else's culture - the country and the people mean a great deal to me, and I wouldn't want to permanently offend them. Plus as it's such an unfamiliar script, I doubt that I'd ever find a tattoo artist who could do it properly - any suggestions about good tattoo places in Melbourne, Victoria??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Are Your Feet Ready For Spring?
Solutions to the Biggest Beauty Problems
Homemade Solutions for Stretch Marks That Works
Timing Is Everything: Make the Most of Beauty Products
Deep Smokey Eye Makeup at the Nicole Miller FW 2014 Show
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...