A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,031
Currently Running With Scissors:
445 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 947193 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

krazigal72
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Jeweled Whore

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #540 on: May 12, 2005 04:13:58 PM »

i know! or, when people point to my ears full of like 10 piercings each, and ask "did that hurt?". so then I have to ask "did what hurt" and they go "that earring", and either touch it (eww!!) or keep pointing until i know what piercing they're talking about.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish go with the flow.

If you're gonna play with fire, then you're gonna get burned.

Craftster has the best Mod Squad ever. <3

Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone.
Jack E. Ohhh

You be him, and I'll be her...

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 12, 2005 04:27:09 PM »

how much does he charge to do a drawing like that? thats pretty neat!

No no...He just does it for free...those were not phrases that I sent to him...just ones he had posted on explodingdog.com.  He archives every picture he does...and I spend a strange amount of time looking through the thousands of them...These two just struck me.  Of course the tattoos themselves cost money...But the website artist just does them for free and posts them on the site.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where exactly in the yard?  On the croquet lawn?  By the bird bath?  Marty, where do you think we should bury these babies with webbed feet?  The back yard is getting very crowded i think.  positively littered with corpses.  First daddy's and now duck babies.
sugarkitty
so cute it hurts...

so cute it hurts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #542 on: May 12, 2005 05:18:55 PM »

Honestly, i can't even think why someone would feel they have the right to haul up ur shirt to look at ur tat..personal space & all..  mine is on my left shoulder.. it shocked me that ppl asked to see mine.. and then make snide comments that someone my age would get a tattoo.. what's with that? it's a personal thing to me & to have someone comment on it... is so rude!!

People don't even think twice about touching you! It's as thought you're saying "I'm a tattooed freak, I have lost control of my mental faculties and all sanity - please manhandle me. I've even had complete strangers grab my arm and literally pull me towards them to 'get a better look at that stuff on my arms'. I need to post pics so you all can see what I've got  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'sugarkittycorsets.com') ~ sugarstuff.com ~ sugarkitty.etsy.com
jinn
walking widdershins...

I'm ready for my detention Professor Snape.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #543 on: May 12, 2005 06:46:51 PM »

Ew, touching.. I haven't really had to deal with that.  For one reason or another, most people seem to be afraid of me... even more so when they see I'm tattooed.  Other people either try to act like they aren't looking, or ask to see it.  When they ask if it hurt, I say, "Well.. yeah."  Roll Eyes Not a very bright question.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There is no life I know, to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be...
krazigal72
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Jeweled Whore

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #544 on: May 12, 2005 07:58:37 PM »

When they ask if it hurt, I say, "Well.. yeah."  Roll Eyes Not a very bright question.  Cheesy

lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish go with the flow.

If you're gonna play with fire, then you're gonna get burned.

Craftster has the best Mod Squad ever. <3

Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone.
meow!
« Reply #545 on: May 12, 2005 09:35:52 PM »

this picture wasn't really taken for my tattoos but for the bracelet thingies that i made and am wearing but these are 2 of my 3 tattoos.

if you're into art, you might know the whole crown and samo thing. Jean-Michel Basquiat inspired me to start painting and that was his graffitti name. if you haven't seen his artwork, i suggest you check it out.
the other one is a design i did. that was my first tattoo
i also have one on my back in honor of my favorite band of all time radiohead. but i don't have a pic of that
THIS ROCKS   Logged

issue #3 of my zine is out! PM me for a free copy!
ubergirlie
« Reply #546 on: May 13, 2005 01:51:30 PM »

I've been jumping around craftster for a year or so and never noticed this thread.
I'm usually reading threads over in the wedding or sewing related boards.

I absolutely love tattoos.
Once you get one, you're hooked.

Sorry for the crappy photographer skills.
My neck:

The bottom of my back:

And no, I'm normally not that red.  I'm sunburnt  Embarrassed.

The 3 image piece that wraps around my right leg.
Mermaid:

This was my first tattoo. I still love it but now I wish I would've gotten it somewhere else and a little larger so the details aren't so muddy.

Dolphin:

The dolphin and the mermaid are symbolic of me and my baby brother.
The chinese character means "partner" or "companion" and my husband has the same one.

I'm saving up for my next one because I want to go to Anil Gupta.  His work is stunning... and expensive.

And BTW meow! - I LOVE those tie/button bracelets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
norsgoebel

the cutest of the 7 deadly sins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #547 on: May 13, 2005 01:55:20 PM »

synchronicity...I just saw Anil Gupta on a show yesterday and was about to google him.  His work is incredible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take a peek!
http://www.polytypicarts.etsy.com

2 sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm sh*tfaced...N.P.
meow!
« Reply #548 on: May 13, 2005 02:42:34 PM »

thanks ubergirlie! i like your tattoos!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

issue #3 of my zine is out! PM me for a free copy!
kswan
« Reply #549 on: May 13, 2005 03:41:08 PM »

Honestly, i can't even think why someone would feel they have the right to haul up ur shirt to look at ur tat..personal space & all..  mine is on my left shoulder.. it shocked me that ppl asked to see mine.. and then make snide comments that someone my age would get a tattoo.. what's with that? it's a personal thing to me & to have someone comment on it... is so rude!!

People don't even think twice about touching you! It's as thought you're saying "I'm a tattooed freak, I have lost control of my mental faculties and all sanity - please manhandle me. I've even had complete strangers grab my arm and literally pull me towards them to 'get a better look at that stuff on my arms'. I need to post pics so you all can see what I've got  Roll Eyes

AGREED!  i had a lady acutally pull up my shirt to see my back and side work.  i was in the middle of the mall and i swear to god my shirt was almost around my neck before the shock went away and i yelled at her.  My tatoos are for me and there is a reason i have them in places that people can't generally see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
ART BASEL 2012: An Inside Look at the Best Exhibits From the Miami Art Fest
How to Use a Palette Knife
What Is Acrylic Paint?
How to Prepare Your Canvas for Acrylic Painting
How to Choose Paintbrushes for Acrylic Painting
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...