A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
544 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 935291 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jrsloane1

Knit Free or Die

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4970 on: January 17, 2008 10:23:30 AM »

thats awesome! i like the rest of the quote as well, i havent heard that before. do you have a pic of it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Truth Is Out There
smashyouupyo
« Reply #4971 on: January 17, 2008 09:29:59 PM »

This is a little carrot d-i-y tattoo on my hip. this picture is from when my friend first did it, but she was afraid to go very deep, so it faded after a couple weeks. i have since redone it myself, went a little deeper, and it's darker and better defined.

carrots are my fourth favorite shape!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
MADness323
« Reply #4972 on: January 17, 2008 09:32:40 PM »

I posted the 2nd sitting a while back, but i'll post this healed picture again-

It never hurt the first two times I got this worked on. I dont know if it was the coloring, or if I'm PMSing really bad, but this was amazingly painful, it took everything in me to not tell him to stop. It felt like 5 hours when it was only one and a half.

I was shaking pretty violently by the end of it, so we decided to wait to finish the other wing. Its been 7 hours, and its still bleeding like a mad man.

Has anyone else ever had any experience of increased pain while on (or about to be on) their period?

Also, my mom and I got matching Hidden Mickey heads-

We love disneyland, and are there every chance we can be, its our thing. (We're still trying to decide on shading.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And the earth was without form or glory.

MissGobby.etsy.com
Purelectricity
It's electric.

I'm a paper bag in real life.

« Reply #4973 on: January 18, 2008 01:03:44 PM »

Wow, those are amazing.  I can't decide if i like it more in color or b&w.  They are just beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mararara
cupcake queen!

« Reply #4974 on: January 18, 2008 03:55:01 PM »

Has anyone else ever had any experience of increased pain while on (or about to be on) their period?

My tattooist is a girl and we have talked about this topic before - I think it's safe to say that most women have a heightened sense of...sense when they're on their period...what I mean is that most people are affected in some way by smell, touch, taste whatever differently on their period than to how they normally feel. Pain is no different, and unfortunately most ladies for about a week to 10 days surrounding their period have a lower pain threshold so tattooing is not as much fun Sad

I've experienced it too and it is crappy Sad

Either way though, those are going to look lovely when they're both done - I think the mechanical wings are an awesome idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

circus

BIKES BABIES AND BEER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4975 on: January 18, 2008 04:41:54 PM »

I think I experienced that too. My shading hurt like HELL, even though in the past the linework has been more painful. I didn't make the connection till afterwards.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jewelaroni
I'm a PInja RoBoy!

The owls are not what they seem.

« Reply #4976 on: January 18, 2008 07:57:00 PM »

those wings are beautiful... wish I had thought of it... sigh... I'm getting lilies there anyway...

Also, I haven't been in much pain while on my period (that wasn't caused by it) but I have had a heightened sense of smell while on my period and while pregnant.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Grapenuts, Carl."

I'm taking a break from swaps. :'(

Go hang a salami, I'm a lasagna hog.
I <3 Dale Cooper.
PrincessJazz
« Reply #4977 on: January 18, 2008 09:02:47 PM »

L - I really like the script on your back.  Nice font choice and nice passage.

As for the pain during menstruation - I don't know how it relates to tattoos but I'm diabetic and I always know when my period's coming because my injections start to hurt.  That's also the only time I'll routinely bruise from my needles.  From that, I would guess that tattoos would hurt worse during that time of the month.  I had never thought of that before, but if/when I get my next one, I'll keep that in mind when scheduling it.

Jazz

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Era Vera
« Reply #4978 on: January 19, 2008 12:42:36 AM »

I know that if you wax your legs or whatever, it's a good idea to avoid doing it during your period and for the week before it because you have a heightened sense of pain. I assume that would apply to tattoos as well. Additionally, I've heard that the best time for waxing (lowest pain sensitivity) is about a week after your period ends, so I would guess that getting tattooed about a week after your period would be the least painful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://eravera.blogspot.com/ <-rarely updated crafting blog
http://modaveloce.blogspot.com/ <-fashion-y blog with some diy and photography/art stuff
Domitilla
« Reply #4979 on: January 19, 2008 02:25:09 AM »

I love those mechanical wings!

During my period I'm super sensible to smells, anatomy lessons, which to me are horrible anytime, get even worse and disgusting. And for pain is the same.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm interested in personal swaps, so let me know if you want!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 [498] 499 500 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Turn Old Sheets Into Shopping Totes
How to Turn an Old Plate Into a Vase
How to Use Sandpaper
Japanese Calligraphy Symbols
How to Preserve a Newspaper Clipping
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...