A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,587
Currently Running With Scissors:
668 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 936453 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

NeukolnBlackout
« Reply #4910 on: January 10, 2008 08:28:28 PM »

Hey NeukolnBlackout:
I've been thinking about getting something on the inside of my wrist.  Was it incredibly painful?  It seems like it would be, what with all those veins right up close to the top and all.... Undecided

The dragon on my ankle didn't hurt too much at all (except when he was working that tail portion around the bone -- that was a little, um, shall we say ....  trying...)  Cry

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/tat005.jpg

Honestly, it really wasn't that bad! =D It was fun. It helped to have a really cool artist and a friend talking to me the whole time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy, and maybe my Pinterest while you're at it.
Melissa_Bumbles

hello my name is melon

View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: January 10, 2008 08:29:46 PM »

Mrs. Grieves, what does yours mean?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Most people are other people.  Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." -- Oscar Wilde
polkadotdog
« Reply #4912 on: January 10, 2008 10:11:33 PM »

For some reason my wrist tattoo was brutal, I could have slept through the other 8 but that one stung!  Thank goodness it was small  Smiley

Yeah, the one I want is fairly complex, so it seems like it would hurt like hell....maybe I'll work up the nerve someday....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want something sparkly and fun??  Click here!!   www.polkadotdog.ets y.com

Looking for some original and unusual art?  Here's some!  www.artbystu.etsy.c om
spirals420
I swear to the stars... I'll burn this whole city down

turn it up, so you know it's got soul... jellyroll

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4913 on: January 11, 2008 12:39:16 AM »

what i think (for me personally) helped with enjoying the tattoo on the wrist even though it did hurt... was the getting to watch it happen part... my last tattoo was on my back and it made me nervous that i couldnt see what was going on.. (yet at the same time it was such a huge surprise a the end which was cool) but seeing the ink go into the skin was soooo cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thankyoulocust
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: January 11, 2008 05:10:02 AM »

The ones on my wrists

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=163401.msg2328749#msg2328749

didn't hurt much at all.  That may be because the one I had just prior to those hurt a LOT.  It was a cover up on the back of my neck and some of it went right along my hairline and on my skull bones and eeeeep!!!  That sucked.  I was really anxious about the wrist ones for that reason, although it never crossed my mind to not get them (funny how that works).  Anyway, they were actually one of the least painful places. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yeah we don't take orders well.  Unless they're to get on the dance flo'.  Or raise the roof.  Or make some NOIZE...with a Z!"
Mrs. Grieves
« Reply #4915 on: January 11, 2008 05:51:08 AM »

Mrs. Grieves, what does yours mean?

It's one of the logos for the band X
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CMFoster
« Reply #4916 on: January 11, 2008 05:54:11 AM »

I already added my other tattoo pics here:http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=163401.750

But, here is my wrist tattoo that I didn't have a photo of at the time:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4917 on: January 11, 2008 06:07:18 AM »

thankyoulocust, I just realized there is an irony to your Hebrew tattoo, since the Jewish faith does not condone tattoos (I guess you can't be buried in a Jewish graveyard if you have one). I think it is a beautiful saying, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
thankyoulocust
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: January 11, 2008 06:52:03 AM »

thankyoulocust, I just realized there is an irony to your Hebrew tattoo, since the Jewish faith does not condone tattoos (I guess you can't be buried in a Jewish graveyard if you have one). I think it is a beautiful saying, though.

Heeehee!!  I guess it's lucky for me that I'm not Jewish, huh?  We just got it in Hebrew to be unique and so that everyone wouldn't know what it said; kind of like our little secret.  Imagine my dismay when I found out that Posh Spice has the same tattoo.  *Cringes*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Yeah we don't take orders well.  Unless they're to get on the dance flo'.  Or raise the roof.  Or make some NOIZE...with a Z!"
megrenae
« Reply #4919 on: January 11, 2008 07:33:36 AM »

well since everyone is sharing...I got this tattoo of a needle and thread done in July of 07 at Atomic Lotis by ...I can't remember his name...but it is the beginning of an entire side of craftyness...

I have to have the red touched up a bit...I rejected some of the ink...and  you can see where the needle is a little wobbly...thats where I flinched in the exact same spot on both sides...it was my first tattoo and seriously painful but not that bad...I figure why start with the easy stuff?  Now it will only get easier...and I think that picture was taken the day it was done.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008 07:34:43 AM by megrenae » THIS ROCKS   Logged

wants to do personal swap...pm me
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Overview on the Inspire Hair Color Line - Part 5
How to Do a Hair Replacement for Alopecia - Part 4
Overview on the Inspire Hair Color Line - Part 1
How to Do a Hair Replacement for Alopecia - Part 3
How to Foil Hi-Light with Tint-Back at the Same time - Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...