A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 298,061
Currently Running With Scissors:
704 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 967029 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Girlinsoop

Someday, rabbit, I will finally finnish a project.

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: February 28, 2005 12:05:35 PM »

Also, I was wondering... about how much would a black tattoo about a few inches high cost?

The thing with tattoos is that (for the most part) you get what you pay for. The good artists will always cost a little bit more. When people find out how much a piad for mine, they are shocked. I would rather go broke on good ink, than getting some cheap work....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shirl_ravenlock
Beatle freak/Anthro geek

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 28, 2005 01:48:05 PM »

Also, I was wondering... about how much would a black tattoo about a few inches high cost?
Mine is about 2 inches by 11/2 inches, solely in black ink and it cost me 100$CAN.  As someone mentioned, you get what you pay for.  I'm extremely satisfied with how mine was done.  It's something that's on my body for the rest of my life, so it was worth paying a little extra for it to be perfect.

Ravenlock
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can't intimidate me, you carry your lunch in a tube!
beatnik_chik
Lightly Effervescent

Helpless!

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 28, 2005 08:19:43 PM »

most parlours have a minimum charge... mine is exactly 2x2 inches... it cost me 65$ (the minimum)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<{{{><
And like a downward smoke, the slender stream
Along the cliff to fall and pause and fall did seem.
t1g3rl1ly
« Reply #303 on: February 28, 2005 10:22:03 PM »

Here's my first one (I'm gonna get it filled in soon...the guy didn't do a great job) This is on my left shoulder...

and here's my second one (it's on my right shoulder)

Some other people commented that they sometimes forget about their tattoos. I do the same thing! Sometimes I  get out of the shower and see them in the mirror and I'm like wow! I kind of wish I had put them someplace more visible, because I don't wear spaghetti strap tank tops too often. Oh well... Smiley
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009 01:12:38 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged

shirl_ravenlock
Beatle freak/Anthro geek

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 01, 2005 10:02:52 PM »

Some other people commented that they sometimes forget about their tattoos. I do the same thing! Sometimes I  get out of the shower and see them in the mirror and I'm like wow! I kind of wish I had put them someplace more visible, because I don't wear spaghetti strap tank tops too often. Oh well... Smiley
I find that too.  Mine's on my thigh, so I see it when I'm at the washroom, showering or getting dressed, and it's just like "Hey!  There's my beautiful bug!"  I purposely picked a place where it wasn't very visible.  It is too bad that not many people see it, but I got it for me and me alone.  I don't really care what other people think of it.

Ravenlock
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can't intimidate me, you carry your lunch in a tube!
SassetteOPants

Equal parts sugar and salt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: March 05, 2005 05:57:08 PM »

I spent my Saturday in Boston, gettin' inked by Joey at Pumpkin tattoo (http://www.fatramtattoo.com).  He's a sweetheart with an angel's touch, and I highly recommend him! 

He reworked my first tattoo, which was just dorky beyond belief.  I agonized about fiddling with it for years  before I took the plunge.  The roses are part of the old piece; the plumeria and thorny viney things are new.   Anyhoo:

Next month:  the raddest, most sassylicious tattoo known to mankind :p  Heh. Can you tell I'm really, really, excited?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005 05:59:55 PM by SassetteOPants » THIS ROCKS   Logged

...so believe when I say Im no better than you, except when I craft so I guess it aint true.

Insinuendos.etsy.com
PinkMafia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #306 on: March 05, 2005 06:49:50 PM »

Its pretty (and shiny)! I think your flowers are hibiscus though not plumeria. Plumeria's don't have the things coming out of the center. I named my daughter Melia, the Hawaiian word for plumeria because its my favorite. I have a hibiscus on one shoulder and 3 plumerias on the other.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
SassetteOPants

Equal parts sugar and salt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #307 on: March 05, 2005 07:56:01 PM »

Hm...Perhaps it's some sort of hybrid.  I saw the reference material, and they were labeled 'plumeriascientificussomethingblahblahbotanyspeak', and were grouped with the more immediately recognizable 'pinwheel'.   I have plans to have the latter incorporated into another design, and I didn't want that many of the same flower (not to mention that the pinwheel wouldn't have provided appropriate cover).  But thank you for the info!

Will you be posting pics of your flowers?  I'd love to see them Smiley  And Melia is a lovely name, btw. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...so believe when I say Im no better than you, except when I craft so I guess it aint true.

Insinuendos.etsy.com
PinkMafia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #308 on: March 05, 2005 09:53:50 PM »

SassetteOPants - whatever it is at least its pretty.  Cheesy. My tattoos are on page 7. I got them both redone so now the hibiscus is a deeper pink/purple and the plumeria's look the same but a tad brighter. I have a new one but need to put photoshop on my computer before I can post pics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
f1ghter
« Reply #309 on: March 10, 2005 10:59:17 AM »

My only tattoo so far:

definitly my favorite.

<<<edited to remove images from quote>>>
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006 07:25:13 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author And Mom Describes How Divorce Led To Her Steamy Memoir
CoolAge Blogfest Winners at Spring Fest, IIT Kharagpur
Jerry Stahl LIVE
All Fishermen Are Liars by John Gierach
A Chat with the Best Selling Author Preeti Shenoy
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...