A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
729 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 936322 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ilovealgebra
« Reply #4600 on: September 18, 2007 01:58:46 AM »

i got my foot tattooed, all over the top, i cant walk it hurts so bad!! eee4 the swelling is awful too Cry

Thats how mine was.  Try to stay off yer feet & when you are sitting try to keep yer feet up, it'll drain the fluid causing the swelling.  I also took anti-inflammatories but I don't think they helped too much.

That's dumb, no it won't.  leech out your ink ha ha.

*edit from VERY derogitory comment*
Did that have to be so rude?  An intelligent statement would have worked just as well.

Ummm, yeah very rude. And excuse me but the tattoo artist who did my tattoo (and has been for about 15 years) told me exactly that. It opens your pores and the ink will seep out. If you dont believe me (because obviously you are convinced I am a total idiot) you can visit her page http://www.othersideink.com/ and go to the "Aftercare" section and read the second paragraph, which says, "Use lukewarm water and a mild soap (ie, dove or ivory.) Final rinse the tattoo with cold water. Cold water tightens up the pores of the skin and keeps the ink in, rather than the poreopening warm water effect of "oozing" out. Blot dry and wait for the tattoo to come to a complete dry before applying lotion."

Have a nice day. Smiley

note on this: when i first got the tops of my feet tattooed, they swelled a lot. my tattoo artist (who is awesome, i might add, she's been tattooing for 20 years as well) told me to go home and do a hot rinse. just once, a rinse of hot (not scalding, but warmer than just "warm") over my feet to take off any excess goop and help with the swelling. it did help and my tattoos are still brighter than any other tattoo i have.
so there are my two cents. i wouldn't soal in warm-hot water, no, but a rinse for me was just fine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
disturbedpenguinpoo
« Reply #4601 on: September 18, 2007 07:59:33 AM »

just to add something about the leaking... mine leaked on the day after i had it done! but it was a tiny amount and i left it alone, apart from putting vaseline on it and it's fine
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pink zebra
« Reply #4602 on: September 18, 2007 12:23:40 PM »

i thought i post some more of mine. so here you go:

that pic is kinda crappy i know. but on all other pics i have, you see um... a lot of me, (this is on the lower front part of my left hip)

it says: "The rest is silence". apart from people find the placement funny (very next to my privates), this is the last thing hamlet says before he dies

and then there is (in another nor so good pic, but you get the idea):

this one says:"God, give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, courage to change the things that should be changed, and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other. "
it is very meaninful to me. (it probably could to anyone. i know it's not very original or sthg, but still ... it means a lot to me.)

hope you like them as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
darkdiva
« Reply #4603 on: September 18, 2007 01:59:04 PM »

Pink Zebra your arm tattoo is brilliant.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JoyousBohemian
« Reply #4604 on: September 19, 2007 03:48:19 PM »

I've had this one for about two months now.  It's about six inches square, in between my shoulder blades.  I'm in love with it.

It's got a lot of symbolism for me; it's from an illustration to anthropological theory textbook.  It symbolises that nothing is created or lives in a vacuum. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my hand-dyed fiber!
portfiber.etsy.com
spirals420
I swear to the stars... I'll burn this whole city down

turn it up, so you know it's got soul... jellyroll

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4605 on: September 19, 2007 04:11:35 PM »

that tree is gorgeous!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littledoe
« Reply #4606 on: September 20, 2007 09:44:40 PM »

I just got these 2 a week and a 1/2 ago. 

A lotus for the new phase in my life.  New marriage, new family. The pic is fresh after, so it's red and shiny.  It's still healing.

Nautical stars for the 2 babies I've lost.  You can also see most of my fairy on a rose with dragonflies in this shot.  She was my first tattoo. I got her after my divorce to represent my new freedom with my 2 children.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
ThaADDcrafter
Slowly losing my mind at a fairly rapid pace... yup

ARRRRRRRRRR par me unnudder! *pour me another**

View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: September 23, 2007 02:22:55 PM »

ohh! here are ours, there are alot more but I dont have pics of them all

these are our wedding rings
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u110/msmklopez/?action=view&current=IMG_1655.jpg

these are my lip prints on my hubbyhttp://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u110/msmklopez/?action=view&current=IMG_1746.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged
k-roc
yarnophile

likes stuff

View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: September 25, 2007 09:48:55 AM »

You have no idea how long I have been waiting to post here!
This is my first and I am quite proud of it, excuse the glare. It means so many different things! I'll try to give you the short version. My grandfather built a cottage in Northern Ontario on Charleston Lake that I spent my childhood at. The image in the frame is directly taken from a picture off of the deck of that cottage. It is the best place on earth and I love him everyday for building it for our family. This tat is for him. The bird at the top is a great blue heron, which is magical, and the one at the bottom is a common loon. The sound of the loon lets me know I am in that best place. Also loons mate for life so it represents my parents and my current relationship with my lovely partner. The environment around the lake is changing drastically, so I wanted to preserve that magic and those childhood memories somehow. And finally it is my attempt at being Canadian and patriotic without being cliche. Whew! It is between my shoulder blades and it hurt like the dickens. I went all by myself and sat for two hours in immense pain, 'cause it's right on my spine. The shading was the worst. As for cleaning I used Spectro gel and just let it dry out. I've never been so itchy.
It was done by Stuart at New Tribe Tattoo in Toronto. Very clean, very professional, very quiet.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007 09:56:26 AM by k-roc » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I "Wist" you'd stalk me...
http://www.wists.com/ScarlettBegonia

If you're gonna dine with them cannibals, well sooner or later darling you're going to get eaten.
spirals420
I swear to the stars... I'll burn this whole city down

turn it up, so you know it's got soul... jellyroll

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4609 on: September 25, 2007 10:13:17 AM »

beautiful... breathtaking... love the story behind it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Off Book: Hacking Art and Culture With F.A.T. Lab
Off Book: The Evolution of 8-Bit Art
Off Book: The Birth of the Animated GIF Medium
Off Book: Arts and Creative Projects in the Internet Age
Working with the New Basics Panel
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...