A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 298,068
Currently Running With Scissors:
439 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 967079 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

white trash hero
« Reply #4490 on: August 02, 2007 01:56:38 PM »

I have a pretty bad infection now, and i am on a crutch and antibiotics.... but i was wondering if people wanted a photo so they can spot an infection, because first off i put it down to just being a sensitive area...?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
runyerpockets77

I'm Mean Looking.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4491 on: August 02, 2007 03:19:52 PM »

Go for it! I'm sure you can do something to it to make it your own.
Yeah, the measurements are accurate- well, as accurate as they can be, being tattoos and all. I've used them a couple of times, but mainly just to measure buttons.

Yer totally my hero now.  I just wanted to take the basic hands/arrows/heart thing and twist it up.

I have a pretty bad infection now, and i am on a crutch and antibiotics.... but i was wondering if people wanted a photo so they can spot an infection, because first off i put it down to just being a sensitive area...?

I wanna see it...better safe to know than just wing it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melissafairy08
« Reply #4492 on: August 02, 2007 03:56:41 PM »

That sucks, do you thin you got the infection because of the shop you want to or something else? I knew it was possible but I haven't actually heard of it happening to anyone I know. Crazy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.
meowari
« Reply #4493 on: August 02, 2007 05:46:39 PM »

Wow. I've never heard of anyone getting an infection from a tattoo. Please share the story of how you got the infection and some pictures...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
handbaghannah83
Cooking and Scrapbooking= <3 LOVE <3

Dont just dream it.....Believe it!!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4494 on: August 02, 2007 06:54:06 PM »

My Favorite Tattoo out of the 3 i have!! This pic was taken after I got it....It's located on the left area of my chest, and hopefully soon I'm going to get it on my right side of my chest. Hope ya like it....
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007 09:18:50 PM by handbaghannah83 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

secondstar
« Reply #4495 on: August 02, 2007 08:23:30 PM »

I had a friend with one on her foot that got infected, and one of mine on my hip had a slight one. Mine was because I was lazy and didn't wash it like I was supposed to. My friends was from a homemade machine and her "prison tat"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We could be like onions and peppers
In a sleeping bag fajita
We could be anything you want
white trash hero
« Reply #4496 on: August 03, 2007 03:12:39 AM »

my doctor thinks that maybe the red ink used was out of date, but ill see when i get the results back... :S
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4497 on: August 03, 2007 04:09:41 AM »

My step-father got an infection on his most recent - his forearm (which was actually a tribute to his friend's lame band lol)
At first, he thought he was having a reaction to the pigments, since tattooing has changed a lot since he last got one (over 20 years ago)...
But we figured it all out. It was partially his diabetes (which makes a person more prone to infections), partially the manner in which his tat was done (A guy he knows came over to our house and did it right there in the living room...sketchy!) and part of it was the aftercare method he used (when he got them before, he said the only aftercare he used was washing them, but he was told to use pure vitamin e in a light carrier oil - BIG MISTAKE!! vitamin e is good for you, but not in that strong a dose on broken skin)

They really aren't pretty things to see, tattoo infections. I wish you all the luck with yours, white trash hero, and hope that it clears up well Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whatzudoin
« Reply #4498 on: August 03, 2007 07:35:09 AM »

So theres no way to know beforehand if you'll have an allergic reaction to the inks or not?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to do personal swaps if anyones interested. If your interested please write me!
tomb_bloom
« Reply #4499 on: August 03, 2007 08:06:20 AM »

my doctor thinks that maybe the red ink used was out of date, but ill see when i get the results back... :S

A friend of mine in college had either a staph infection after she accidentally scratched the area in her sleep or it was a reaction to red ink, (the main color was red)  I dont honestly remember but it was nasty and laid her up for a few weeks. Sucks.

Her tattoo did manage to heal ok though with a little additional touch up work. Good Luck, I hope it heals ok for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Bake Healthier Holiday Treats
Make It Easy: What to Do When Brown Sugar Hardens
Make It Easy: When Cake Gets Stuck in the Pan
Peanut Butter Buckeyes Recipe
How to Make Red Velvet Cake
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...