A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,750
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 974228 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

white trash hero
« Reply #4460 on: July 29, 2007 09:59:52 AM »

tattooist said just use cold water to wash it really or it will blur, if i can
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: July 29, 2007 12:38:51 PM »

I would imagine that hot water would dry out your tattoo a bit much, as hot water often leads to dry skin. Smiley

Don't soak that bugger until you've healed a bit, either.

Just hang in there.  It'll get better!  No pain, no gain! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
white trash hero
« Reply #4462 on: July 29, 2007 02:50:33 PM »

ill post pics when its not so rank
THIS ROCKS   Logged
secondstar
« Reply #4463 on: July 29, 2007 09:20:05 PM »

cooler temp water will help. hot hot water will really mess with the healing process, tepid water will help with the swelling and it's better for the healing process. take some IB profen or advil for the swelling. my foot swelled too. you just have to let it get plenty of air and take it easy for a few days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We could be like onions and peppers
In a sleeping bag fajita
We could be anything you want
secondstar
« Reply #4464 on: July 29, 2007 09:53:31 PM »

I attempted to compile all of my tattoos onto one file and upload it, but it didn't work as planned...these aren't all of mine, i have my other side done, behind my other ear, and the inside of my bottom lip, but it isn't the most friendly 4 letter word, so I opted to leave that picture out. And please, excuse the random boob shots in two of them. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

In a sleeping bag fajita
Snootzie

Proof that my brother once adored me

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4465 on: July 30, 2007 05:37:48 AM »

Secondstar:  I absolutely LOVE your hamsa!  It is beautiful!  Did you design it or find it at the tattoo parlor?  I also like the celtic knot on your foot!  Wonderful work!! :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just bought a new house... okay the house isn't new... it was actually born in the same month and year I was!!
Snootzie

Proof that my brother once adored me

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4466 on: July 30, 2007 05:55:57 AM »

So I went through all the tattoos and they are great!  I myself have a couple, but I haven't got any pics on my computer of them, and I am alone at the house right now and I don't know that I can angle myself to get a good shot, maybe I'll post them later.  I have a frog and the comedy/tragedy masks on my lower back.

Frogz: I absolutely love your tattoo, frog are my favorite animals ever and I love how yours has a slightly tribal like feel to it and how unique it is...

JennJenn:  LOVE the tree, it is very detailed.

SuzukiBeanne33: hamsa, love it!!!  I used to teach at a Jewish preschool and the Hamsa is one of my favorite symbols.  I love the multiple meanings of it, and I have several.  My mother and I both wear the same Hamsa, and that gives me a feeling of peace as well.  Great design!

Thanks for sharing everyone!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just bought a new house... okay the house isn't new... it was actually born in the same month and year I was!!
secondstar
« Reply #4467 on: July 30, 2007 11:41:27 AM »

Secondstar:  I absolutely LOVE your hamsa!  It is beautiful!  Did you design it or find it at the tattoo parlor?  I also like the celtic knot on your foot!  Wonderful work!! :-)

It started out as a very basic, and honestly somewhat ugly, hamsa at the shop I go to and I used it as a basic idea and just kind of ran with it. I told my friend how it looked to me in my head and he did everything possible to make it look the way I wanted and I love it. I like all the multiple meanings of the symbol as well and as corny as this sounds, so far so good. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In a sleeping bag fajita
melissafairy08
« Reply #4468 on: July 30, 2007 11:59:05 AM »

i got my foot tattooed, all over the top, i cant walk it hurts so bad!! eee4 the swelling is awful too Cry

Thats how mine was.  Try to stay off yer feet & when you are sitting try to keep yer feet up, it'll drain the fluid causing the swelling.  I also took anti-inflammatories but I don't think they helped too much.

That's dumb, no it won't.  leech out your ink ha ha.

*edit from VERY derogitory comment*
Did that have to be so rude?  An intelligent statement would have worked just as well.

Ummm, yeah very rude. And excuse me but the tattoo artist who did my tattoo (and has been for about 15 years) told me exactly that. It opens your pores and the ink will seep out. If you dont believe me (because obviously you are convinced I am a total idiot) you can visit her page http://www.othersideink.com/ and go to the "Aftercare" section and read the second paragraph, which says, "Use lukewarm water and a mild soap (ie, dove or ivory.) Final rinse the tattoo with cold water. Cold water tightens up the pores of the skin and keeps the ink in, rather than the poreopening warm water effect of "oozing" out. Blot dry and wait for the tattoo to come to a complete dry before applying lotion."

Have a nice day. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.
cadillac.tramp
Born to Lose, Destined to Fail.

With a Golden Heart comes a Rebel Fist

View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: July 30, 2007 01:38:44 PM »

Dove or Ivory?  Shocked Scented anything on a tattoo is a big no-no.  A lot of people have reactions to the scent in the items, and can inflame your tattoo.  I've always used an antibacterial unscented soap, like Dial.  I worked at a shop for two years, and learned from a great artist who's been in the business for over 30 years. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When there's no more room in Hell, the Dead will walk the Earth.

www.myspace.com/xboondockxsaintx
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet for Beginners
How to Crochet Leaves Part 3/6
How to Crochet Borders Around a Corner
How to Crochet Baby Sneakers Part 9/13
How to Crochet Baby Sneakers Part 5/13
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...