A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,856
Currently Running With Scissors:
763 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 928679 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cadillac.tramp
Born to Lose, Destined to Fail.

With a Golden Heart comes a Rebel Fist

View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: June 13, 2007 02:30:39 AM »

I've got a question - is the pain of tattooing worse when you're going over an area already tattooed? I just got mine touched up last Thursday, and it hurt WAY more than I remembered it. I thought maybe I was just being a wuss haha, but then someone said that they'd heard it hurt worse going over already tattooed-skin since it's over scar tissue. thanks guys Smiley

That, my friend, is bullshit.  Tattooed skin is *NOT* scar tissue, it is healed skin.  I worked at a shop for 2yrs.  It will tend to be tender for a good 45 days if you tattoo back over the area before that time.  Think about it, doll...you had a few needles going into your skin a few hundred times a minute for a while, and it's an open wound, with colours.  It takes time to heal back. I have 11 tats and my toes done, and touch-ups do suck, but they're a necessary evil Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When there's no more room in Hell, the Dead will walk the Earth.

www.myspace.com/xboondockxsaintx
uradelight
Off to save the world

Love, Like Death, Changes Everything

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4391 on: June 13, 2007 04:02:06 AM »

Everyone's tattoos are so cool!  Here are the pictures of mine:

The first is a dove of peace, which my mom, myself, and my two younger sisters got done in Hawaii last summer.  It was done by Steve of Rainbow Falls tattoo in Kona.  It is very special to us that we all have the same tattoo.  The dove is holding a plumeria, which is the flower of hawaii, to symbolize our trip and when we got it done.  I love that we all have the same tattoo!

This is my newest one, which I just got done a few weeks ago.  My best buddy and I got the same tattoo only in different colors (her's is purple and pink).  It is two cherry blossoms (which I LOVE).  This one was done by Roger at Action tattoo in Yorba Linda, CA.  He is quick and very very good.  Also very reasonable.

Can't wait to get more, I think I am addicted.  Maybe a backpiece next Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If my survival caused another to perish, then death would be sweeter and more beloved.
~Kahlil Gibran

Will swap and sew for DIY kits!

http://www.wists.com/uradelight
amigurl55

I already did!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4392 on: June 13, 2007 10:02:30 AM »

cadillac- I love your tattoos!  I want to get my cat's paw print behind my ear, and I'm wondering- did it hurt like hell to get those behind your ears?  I mean, more than other locations?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I told you: I only wrote that poem to test my printer!

My etsy shop: http://dollycouture55.etsy.com
SuzukiBeane33
« Reply #4393 on: June 14, 2007 06:12:27 AM »

Wow, mercurial1101, those are some colorful phoenixes! I love them!!

How did you like getting the under bicep tattoo SuzukiBeane33? I have a tattoo in that spot as well (well, one on each). Everyone thinks I'm crazy for it, but I love mine. (o: It's an awesome symbol as well.

Thanks Kiwi!  Why do people think you are crazy for getting a tattoo on your inner arm?  Pain or just because it is more of a hidden space?  People say that area is more tender, but since this was my first tat I didn't really have anything else to compare it to.  It hurt, but no more than I expected it to. 

Kristianne- I love Mark Ryden! 

These are all such beautiful designs! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I am invisible, he thinks often.  And Exempt.  Immunity has been granted to me, for I do not lose my cool.  Polarity is selected at will, for I am not ionized and I possess not valence."
-Richard Farina, "Been Down So Long It Looks Like Up to Me"

www.baltimorediy.bl ogspot.com
cadillac.tramp

View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: June 14, 2007 06:16:47 AM »

cadillac- I love your tattoos!  I want to get my cat's paw print behind my ear, and I'm wondering- did it hurt like hell to get those behind your ears?  I mean, more than other locations?

Thankee sai ^_^ Actually, they were the least painful ones I've had done, my toes were by far the WORST.  I have the back of my neck, my chest, across my hip bones, right calf and right above my achilles tendons done.  It's completely bearable behind the ear, teh only thing is the buzzing is annoying and your head vibrates on the table Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007 06:17:19 AM by cadillac.tramp » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cadillac.tramp

View Profile
« Reply #4395 on: June 14, 2007 06:35:10 AM »

So I found some old, crappy pics of most of my tattoos (there's quite a few pics)

please ignore the low-pantedness.  These are on my right side, I'm working on a full belt.
Please excuse the butt shot.
My hope, love and faith tattoo on the left side of my chest.
My good luck tattoo

ok, so I got it off a kid's shirt designed by Lucky13, but I LOVED it

Devil/angel hearts on my lower right hip, the angel is me, the devil is for my hubby (cause he's a bad boy)

really crappy pic of my cherries on my lower left hip (got it done on the honeymoon, hence the 2nd cherry being skewered)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4396 on: June 14, 2007 07:18:28 AM »

Thankee sai ^_^
Would you happen to have read the Dark Tower series? sorry, this is a bit off-topic, but I can't let a Stephen King reference slide past...I've even got a sleeve in progress based on them (posted in the old thread)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
koala lou
« Reply #4397 on: June 14, 2007 07:26:23 AM »

cadillac.tramp, I love the stars tattoo :-) Here's one of my 8, it's my favourite. I got this done almost 2 years ago. It took 4 1/2 hours and we did it all in one go. I'm getting a sailor girl on the other shoulder in memory of my grandad, just got to save up :-)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
KiwiDragons
Get it together!

Stacked Sheep. :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4398 on: June 14, 2007 07:48:55 AM »

Thanks Kiwi!  Why do people think you are crazy for getting a tattoo on your inner arm?  Pain or just because it is more of a hidden space?  People say that area is more tender, but since this was my first tat I didn't really have anything else to compare it to.  It hurt, but no more than I expected it to. 

Kristianne- I love Mark Ryden! 

These are all such beautiful designs! 
Mostly because of the pain. I think they hurt more than my others, but yeah, it wasn't so horrible I couldn't finish. I expected to hurt worse, so I was prepared. People can think I'm crazy-it's all good with me! (o: I just can't wait to save up a little to get some more...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists

Little Visitor Adventures
Charlie in MO
Zazie in Canada
cadillac.tramp

View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: June 14, 2007 09:19:31 AM »

Thankee sai ^_^
Would you happen to have read the Dark Tower series? sorry, this is a bit off-topic, but I can't let a Stephen King reference slide past...I've even got a sleeve in progress based on them (posted in the old thread)

*Squees*  You know where it came from ^_^  I'm getting Roland's run with the roses done after we move.  I'll have to go look at your sleeve, because The Dark Tower is my favourite book series.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 438 439 [440] 441 442 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Michael Jackson
How to Draw Pon And Zi
How to Draw Miki Falls Spring
How to Draw Chibi Kakashi from Naruto
How to Draw the Rascal Flatts
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...