A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,096
Currently Running With Scissors:
464 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 967346 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crescentfresh
« Reply #4020 on: March 21, 2007 11:38:06 PM »

I just got my first tattoos. 2 at once, and I couldn't be happier. one on my neck was first, didnt hurt nearly at all- felt really cool actually. the foot was significantly more painful, but its so beautiful. =) the apple has a long but special meaning(which i wont get into), but it includes my love of washington, my new home. infinity has infinite meanings, and should remind myself and anyone who asks to live in infinity- that's what is real and forever, and not in a comparitive reality which is thrust upon us to make us feel inferior to one thing or the next. its very calming for me. anyways, glad to share with youall here they are:

I'd love to hear comments.
by the way, there are some very lovely tats on this thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4021 on: March 22, 2007 12:05:03 AM »

crescentfresh, I love the infinity tattoo! Nice placement, and I like how you describe its meaning.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
srv2483
« Reply #4022 on: March 22, 2007 02:52:03 PM »

Just a warning to all those in the DC area-do NOT get a tattoo at Tattoo Paradise in the Morgans Adam area.  I got one while I was visiting my brother, and not only is it not straight, but the lines are wobbly (and I was NOT moving).  It can't be fixed unless something bigger goes over it, which I don't want, so I'm getting it lasered off.  Luckily, it's black ink, which I've heard is easier to remove. 

Sorry if I sound bitter, but I'm mad.  If you can't do a tattoo, don't do it!  It's hard to see what someone's doing on your back.  Had I been able to see, I probably would have told him to stop ASAP.

I do still love my tat from 6 years ago that I got at the Dragon's Lair in Salem, NH, however.

Keep posting, everyone!  Everyone's tats are gorgeous!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ska Hippie
Ambitious Amateur at Everything

~Add a lil *color* to your life~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4023 on: March 22, 2007 05:21:24 PM »

Well, this'll be my first pic post...I took a few pics of my tats...And yes, a couple of them are cliche, but they hold a lot of personal meaning.

This was my first - a heart on my chest, done on my 18th BDay at Generations in Niagara Falls, Canada. It was a bit of a horror story because the guy kind of didn't ultimately seem to know what he was doing...

My second, the "eXtasy butterfly", done at Heads in Nia Falls CA...

And my most recent (unfortunately), done on my 21st BDay at Hippy's in Sanborn, NY...I'm ready for the "you're gonna regret that"s, because I already don't smoke as much as I used to, but I'll never regret what an enlightening experience this leaf has provided me Smiley

This pic does not do justice to what a wonderfully detailed job Hippy had done!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DangitJess
denimology.com

denimology.com

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4024 on: March 22, 2007 10:19:36 PM »

Well, this'll be my first pic post...I took a few pics of my tats...And yes, a couple of them are cliche, but they hold a lot of personal meaning.

This was my first - a heart on my chest, done on my 18th BDay at Generations in Niagara Falls, Canada. It was a bit of a horror story because the guy kind of didn't ultimately seem to know what he was doing...
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/MKR101584/32207003.jpg

My second, the "eXtasy butterfly", done at Heads in Nia Falls CA...
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/MKR101584/32207002.jpg

And my most recent (unfortunately), done on my 21st BDay at Hippy's in Sanborn, NY...I'm ready for the "you're gonna regret that"s, because I already don't smoke as much as I used to, but I'll never regret what an enlightening experience this leaf has provided me Smiley
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/MKR101584/32207001.jpg
This pic does not do justice to what a wonderfully detailed job Hippy had done!!!

I've got a regretter on my thigh a couple of cherries that have water dripping off them. I hate it. What was I thinking???
I remember it was free! Ugh!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007 04:39:32 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

denimology.com

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.

You haven't had enough coffee until you can thread your machine while it's running!
Ska Hippie
Ambitious Amateur at Everything

~Add a lil *color* to your life~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4025 on: March 23, 2007 01:48:08 AM »

Heyy, can't beat free tattoos!! Wink Perhaps it could be a permanent reminder that not all giveaways are worth their while?? hehe
My first (the heart tat) was pretty cheap, so I can't be too heartbroken about how terrible it is; I just have to get it touched up someday..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4026 on: March 23, 2007 06:12:07 AM »

That's what I like about tattoos: if you want them to, they can be a constant, evolving process!  If you end up regretting one, you can get it covered with something else or touched up so it looks new and different.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
runyerpockets77

I'm Mean Looking.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4027 on: March 23, 2007 07:41:54 PM »

Yeah!! I got new ink at the SLC Tattoo convention this past weekend - sorry for the big pic!
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r177/arlo999/NewInk_BF.jpg

<<<edited to remove image from quote - please remember to delete IMG tags when quoting ~ thanks!!>>>

I love it!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007 02:17:21 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MADness323
« Reply #4028 on: March 24, 2007 07:58:01 AM »

I turned 18 yesterday  Grin

I know wings are a bit cliche, but I've wanted "alternative" wings since I was 12 or so.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And the earth was without form or glory.

MissGobby.etsy.com
Shelichan

Fashion designer for hire in NYC!

View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: March 24, 2007 08:12:43 AM »

DangitJess: Cute!!! Hahah I got wings on my 18th birthday too~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Childrenswear & womenswear designer for hire in NYC!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...