A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,496
Currently Running With Scissors:
612 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 960740 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

intergalacticj

jam jam jam jam jam...

View Profile
« Reply #3630 on: October 24, 2006 06:04:50 AM »

thanks guys! glad to hear im not the only one who likes it!  heres a pic from the movie im gonna have mines a bit neater though. http://www3.sympatico.ca/purplebat/images/tattoo.jpg

i will definately post a pic if and when i do get it! can u see yours archer of loaf?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

archer*of*loaf
Lip them

Audiowhore, sucking on sound

View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: October 24, 2006 05:56:48 PM »

thanks guys! glad to hear im not the only one who likes it!  heres a pic from the movie im gonna have mines a bit neater though. http://www3.sympatico.ca/purplebat/images/tattoo.jpg

i will definately post a pic if and when i do get it! can u see yours archer of loaf?

I never realized how hard it is to take a picture of your own forearm!!!  If this looks all crazy it's because I had to rotate it upside-down in a photo editing program.  My arm looks HUGE!!!  Oh and intergalacticj, when I went to have this done I brought the same picture you posted above.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

And hoping for an early death you swam so far you lost your breath, and struggling in the ebb and flow I took your hand, but you let go...
And now the ocean fills your lungs, and now you've got what you had come for, resting peaceful as you sink to drown under a sea of strangers.

-E. Bachmann
Amifer
« Reply #3632 on: October 24, 2006 08:53:24 PM »

Guess what I did yesterday? Yup! I got my first tattoo!

I just took the bandages off and I absolutely had to share pictures of it. Unfortunately, it's kind of late here and the lighting's not so good. So the pictures just don't do the colours justice (just an excuse for me to post more pictures when I can get some shots in natural light Tongue)

Without further ado.... *drum roll*

As you can see, it's a branch of orchids that go up my side.

It was done by Evan, an amazing artist here in Ontario. Plus he was an absolute sweetheart, which made the three hours slightly more bareable (only slightly!). We had a mini photo-shoot afterwards so that he could add it to his portfolio, and knowing that he doesn't do that with all of his clients makes you feel so honored to be wearing work that he's so proud of.

Anyway, if you'd like the shop details, just pm me. I hope you guys love it as much as I do!

<edited to add: Sorry guys! It was kind of rude of me not to comment on all of the amazing pieces that have been posted here! I guess I got a bit excited Tongue There are so many beautiful, unique and meaningful tattoos; I can't just comment on a select few!>
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006 09:24:25 PM by Amifer » THIS ROCKS   Logged
failurebydesign
« Reply #3633 on: October 24, 2006 09:01:17 PM »

Amifer: very very pretty tattoo!!
"It was done by Evan, an amazing artist here in Ontario" --> where exactly in Ontario if you don't mind me asking...
( i know, i know such a huge province but hey i'm curious to see if it's close...)

*E
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amifer
« Reply #3634 on: October 24, 2006 09:05:21 PM »

Amifer: very very pretty tattoo!!
"It was done by Evan, an amazing artist here in Ontario" --> where exactly in Ontario if you don't mind me asking...
( i know, i know such a huge province but hey i'm curious to see if it's close...)

*E

Thanks so much!

It's Stigmata, in Guelph. I don't live there, but I do work nearby. So if you're close, but not from the city, I could give you directions... just not great ones!

Oh yeah, I should probably add that it was completely custom. Evan is fantastic, but does a lot of flowers (for obvious reasons... he's so good at them!). Everyone there does great work though, and I'd recommend the shop to anyone!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006 09:08:05 PM by Amifer » THIS ROCKS   Logged
missbentley
« Reply #3635 on: October 24, 2006 10:39:05 PM »

i love your tattoo! it's beautiful - I am working on art work for my first one right now - in you honest opinion, was is very painful? do you have  a high tolerance for pain?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Imagination is more important than knowledge
intergalacticj

jam jam jam jam jam...

View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: October 25, 2006 01:50:01 AM »

love it archer of loaf, great to know there are other hedwig fans on here!
amifer, grat tattoo too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Amifer
« Reply #3637 on: October 25, 2006 05:34:30 AM »

i love your tattoo! it's beautiful - I am working on art work for my first one right now - in you honest opinion, was is very painful? do you have  a high tolerance for pain?

Was that question aimed at me, missbentley? *shrug* I'm going to answer it anyway!

My tattoo messures a little over 12" (I know, it doesn't look that big in the pictures. But I have an abnormally long torso). It was far bigger than what I had envisioned, but after seeing the draft and discussing with the artist what would best compliment the curve of my body as well as the design, I decided that going that size was right. I am so glad I did! However, more detail and a larger tattoo obviously mean more time involved.

The total tattooing time was just over three hours. The first hour and a bit were by no means nice, but they were certainly bareable and only hurt once he got to the spots on my pelvic bone, hip bone, and near my bottom rib. The next forty-five minutes were quite a bit more painful, but I had a good friend there (meaning a good hand to squeeze Wink). The remainder of the tattoo was insane, and felt as though it was getting increasingly worse; my poor friend could barely move his hand afterwards! Granted, my skin was pretty raw at that point and maybe some of that pain was psychological, knowing that I was so close to being done. I don't really know.

That being said, I have an increadably high pain tolerance. I guess it's important to know your limits. I didn't feel pressured by the artist to sit through it and get it done. In fact, he'd ask me regularly if I wanted a break. We ended up taking three five minute breaks in total, because it's all I needed. Had I have wanted more time, he would have gladly stopped. But he was in "the zone" and had a really good pace, and I guess I was just so full of adrenalin (or maybe I wanted out of there sooner Tongue). Just do what you can handle! If it comes down to it, it can always be finished another day.

I hope that helped! How big is the one you're designing? I suggest only going for a larger one if you think you can really handle it. I figured I could, but I'm pretty in tune with my body. And if you think you can too: All the power to you!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mamamoonie
herbal warfare!

ooooh...bright. need coffee...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3638 on: October 25, 2006 05:43:50 AM »

my newest addition, when it was new  Cheesy it's about 4 months old now...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...feed your Head!" --The Doormouse

My personal swap status is officially "on hold till after the big move!"

NH to KS 2007!
shylitlegoddess
Jill of most trades

Why is there bacon in the soap??

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3639 on: October 25, 2006 05:46:23 AM »

Just remember to breathe, missbentley.

I was getting my fairy done in the same room as a girl getting one on her lower back and she blacked out in the chair because she forgot to breathe.

I'm thinking about getting a spiderweb and spider across my ribs and down my back. I'm sure it's going to "tingle" a bit.  Wink

Love yours mamamoonie.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Anita Diamant Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Samantha Bruce-Benjamin Talks About The Art of Devotion
Kamran Pasha Reveals Who He Admires Most
Lt. Gen. Russel Honore Reveals His Motto
Ann Pearlman Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...