A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,054
Currently Running With Scissors:
702 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 966995 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Rylizbeth

I don't remember...

View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: October 20, 2006 06:58:43 AM »

I just want to say I like the shape just as it is.

It may not be easily recognizable but groovy nonetheless. HOWEVER, if you don't like it, change it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
peachsorbet
I see no reason why the gunfire treason should ever be forgot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3591 on: October 20, 2006 09:12:09 AM »

Agreed. When I first saw it I figured it was either that your artist ripped you off or it was a bad angle -

But if you're not digging it, go ahead and put that line down the back. I think that would make it very clear what it is. When I was considering a music note tattoo I wanted a dotted 16th (a note with so many features of a note that you couldn't mistake what it was for anything!)

It's your body. You do what makes you happy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: October 20, 2006 09:17:51 AM »

The good thing is, if you do decide to change it, it's a fairly small piece, so it shouldn't cost you too much & you said it didn't hurt the first time - so, that's a bonus!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
archer*of*loaf
Lip them

Audiowhore, sucking on sound

View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: October 20, 2006 10:34:42 AM »

I truly love Craftster and visit this site quite often, but honestly I have never been so ashamed to be a member (especially a PAYING member) as I am now.  How rude.  I seem to recall someone telling me, oh, I don't know...in kindergarten maybe, that if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. 

Lately I wonder why I waste my time here since things have gotten so edited and people are becoming more and more restrained with what they can and cannot say, but this just sent me over the edge.  Up until now I've kept my mouth shut and concentrated on what I thought we were all here for...crafts.  I couldn't help but throw my two cents in here though.

I'm sorry, Megzy818, that your feelings were hurt.  I really hope that if you truly liked your tattoo from the beginning you won't let someone on this site convince you to change it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And hoping for an early death you swam so far you lost your breath, and struggling in the ebb and flow I took your hand, but you let go...
And now the ocean fills your lungs, and now you've got what you had come for, resting peaceful as you sink to drown under a sea of strangers.

-E. Bachmann
BeeSting
« Reply #3594 on: October 20, 2006 11:22:35 AM »

Megsy818, if it makes you feel any better, I'm a musician and I got it just by looking at the pic, it's an eighth note and I think it's great.  Why change it if you like the design, and I think it's great that you designed it yourself.  I think that things that are more uncommon and unique to an individual are going to mean more to you in the long run.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog for all things knitting and more:
http://theknittingsofbree.blogspot.com/
TrashedClothing

You only wish you had a Yeti hat like me!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3595 on: October 20, 2006 12:28:24 PM »

I respect everyone's comments and opinions....let's just remember, they are opinions. Megzy, if you like your tattoo, don't change it!! That would be the worst move you could make. It looks like a music not, and best of all, YOU drew it. That's awesome in my book. I have the shittiest tattoo on my left leg. It's of New Jersey and I got it on a dare in Austria when I was 17. It looks herrendous. It's crooked as hell, but who cares....there are memories attached to it. I don't care who likes it. I keep it cause it was a great point in my life. Look at it that way girlie! Don't be bummed!  Grin Grin Grin

You did a GREAT job. Wear it proudly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: October 20, 2006 12:30:45 PM »

Again...let's stay on-topic.  Let's not let this thread become a debate on whether comments are criticism or rude or a debate on whether you are pleased with Craftster or not.  The poster did say to let her know what we think and I don't feel any comments thus far have fallen outside of friendly criticism note mentioned here:  http://www.craftster.org/craftsterguide.html#anchor9i

If you would like to further discuss the guidelines, feel free to PM me.  Otherwise, let's stick to discussing the tattoos posted here.

I don't mean to come across mean, I really don't, but this thread has to be moderated WAY too often for off-topic conversations and with a few more visits, I might have to get "come one! come all! post pics of your tattoos!" above a bunch of thorns tattooed on my side.  Cheesy

Peace, love & tattoos.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bente
« Reply #3597 on: October 20, 2006 01:22:43 PM »

I know I owe at least BambiKhantastic and PinkMafia a pic of my "butt":

I know my legs are not perfect, you dont need to tell me  Grin Please look at the cherries only  Grin Grin
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009 02:01:59 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists: http://www.wists.com/fraudeutz
The only difference between tattooed and untattooed people is that tattooed people are way more cool and can kick some ass *gg*
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: October 20, 2006 01:24:21 PM »

Oh!  Look at you & your cherries!!  How cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkMafia

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3599 on: October 20, 2006 01:33:13 PM »

HOT!!!! I'm jealous now. I still don't have my swallows yet. Lips sealed I have to finish my sleeve first!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pork Estofado with Plantains and Pearl Onions Recipe
How to Make Curry Chicken Salad
Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe
How to Make Chicken & Beef Lo Mein
Shrimp Curry Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...