A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  Please take a moment to congratulate and thank our newest Craftster Moderators, lindyv321, pottermouth, PerfectlyBohemian, Mistress Jennie and LovelyMiss!
Total Members: 305,663
Currently Running With Scissors:
359 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 1122267 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nihiliststar
Meow?

aliastriona steals souls with her camera...

View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: September 23, 2006 08:01:00 AM »

Yay, Nihilistar! You did it! And it looks wonderful!! Congratulations!!!

Yay!  I was thinking about you when he started tattooing on my ankle.  That was the most intense pain I think I've ever felt (I sent aliastriona a text during the procedure saying that "It hurt like fire" which was the most accurate way that I could describe it), but it was a very odd pain.  I think what surprised me the most is the way that there would be intense pain while the needles were in me, and then as soon as he would lift them the pain would fade instantly. 

But alternately, there were some spots that I had to glance down to make sure that he was actually touching my leg.  Those were very weird moments, but in a good way, if that makes any sense.  It was a pleasent change from the ankle and shin and soft of the back of my calf parts.   Wink

Plus I learned that you adjust to feelings like that to the point that my Tetris game was not terribly affected.   Cheesy

*glances down at her leg*  ...it was worth every moment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many things fail to interest us, simply because they don't find in us enough surfaces on which to live, and what we have to do then is to increase the number of planes in our mind, so that a much larger number of themes can find a place in it at the same time.
~ Ortega Y Gasset ~
slb2724
« Reply #3501 on: September 23, 2006 08:14:07 AM »

sasha- that looks like the rasberry from the poptarts commercial! so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.beadsnthings.etsy.com

"I've ot a jar of dirt! And guess whats inside it!"-Jack Sparrow
nihiliststar
Meow?

View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: September 23, 2006 08:40:57 AM »

Sashafantastique:  Your tattoo immediately reminded me of this video clip. 

http://planetboredom.net/video.php?id=436

Your tattoo's long lost tribe comes in around 4:50 into the clip.

It's a really funny mini-film anyway.  Enjoy Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many things fail to interest us, simply because they don't find in us enough surfaces on which to live, and what we have to do then is to increase the number of planes in our mind, so that a much larger number of themes can find a place in it at the same time.
~ Ortega Y Gasset ~
PinFish
« Reply #3503 on: September 23, 2006 09:00:07 AM »

Sashafantastique:  Your tattoo immediately reminded me of this video clip. 

I'm fairly sure that's what it's supposed to be- one of those "yaaaay" guys from the anal bleeding portion of the video. Wow that sounds terrible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nihiliststar
Meow?

View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: September 23, 2006 09:06:14 AM »

Ha - I debated on whether or not to use the word "anus" on Craftster, but you went ahead and did it Wink  I think that I would feel badly if that wasn't what she was going for and now everyone associates it with anal bleeding.    Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ Ortega Y Gasset ~
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3505 on: September 23, 2006 10:47:56 AM »

nihiliststar: that tree is absolutely beautiful!

(And it's been a while since I watched the rejected cartoons! Ohh.. good times. Amusing tattoo sasha!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nihiliststar
Meow?

View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: September 23, 2006 11:49:51 AM »

nihiliststar: that tree is absolutely beautiful!

(And it's been a while since I watched the rejected cartoons! Ohh.. good times. Amusing tattoo sasha!)

Thank you so much!

And yes - the rejected cartoons are awesome!  I think that if Sasha wanted to she could 'play dress-up' with her new tattoo (once it heals, of course) using a red sharpie...or any colored sharpie for that matter - Ms. Potato Head style.  I know that I would be forever coloring on it - making it have polka dots or a funny hat or any number of props. 

...that's why I got my tattoo on my leg so that I would not end up missing important lecture notes because I zoned out while coloring on myself.   Cheesy  That brings back so many memories of high school...

Oh - and because my tattoo artist drew the design free-hand on my leg with a few colored sharpies, it made me feel that this would be a sharpie sketch that I could keep!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ Ortega Y Gasset ~
rachelyra
Medium Reality

making stuff, taking names.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3507 on: September 26, 2006 01:32:22 PM »

oh, nihilistar, it is great!  now i am jealous of your lamps.  they would tie in well to my overall themes.... hmm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nihiliststar
Meow?

View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: September 26, 2006 01:39:17 PM »

oh, nihilistar, it is great!  now i am jealous of your lamps.  they would tie in well to my overall themes.... hmm.

Thanks!

What is your theme?  I'd love to see!

And my lanterns do kick ass, don't they?

(Feel free to censor me.  I looked but I didn't see an express ruling on saying 'ass' on the boards.  If so, I'm sorry and I'll never do it again!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ Ortega Y Gasset ~
rachelyra
Medium Reality

making stuff, taking names.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3509 on: September 26, 2006 03:27:19 PM »

it exists somewhat in conjecture right now.
here is my back

and a link to a huge-o picture of my compass arm. http://fernworks.net/~rachel/rachel%20009.jpg
 i'd like to get a torn parchment edge below it, as if it were actually the compass rose on a map, and incorporate the map into and across my back.  the phoenix would exist like the sea monsters on old maps, facilititating the transition into a map of the sky, which will include the constellation Lyra (my middle name) before turning into a cityscape on my lower back which will include my tramp stamp as a stained-glass window.

lanterns would be cool in the transition from sky to city, as well as tieing in to the look of my chest tattoo.  don't have any good pictures of that online, unfortunately.

i think.  by the time i can afford it all i'll be 80 anyway, though, so no rush.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Episode 2: Coming Soon!
Kid-Friendly English Muffin Sandwich Recipe
Just Add Water: Three Easy Mason Jar Soup Recipes
How to Make Breakfast Sausage-Egg Pizza with Mornay Sauce
How to Make Chicken Salad
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Reusable Dryer Sheets
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...