A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
477 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 938588 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BambiKhantastic
Craftster's Resident Tattoo Artist

Taloola Rocks my World!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3320 on: August 08, 2006 01:56:26 PM »

Thanks, Vegan.

Bella: I probably would do the tattoo. It would depend on the design. I've seen some real crap ring tattoos, and some really cool ones.(I really liked the ones that spurred this conversation, I can't remember who has them, but those I *like.*) Weirdly, Mr.Khantastic, who has NO tattoos, broached the subject of the ring tattoo to me. I told him "no way!" Truthfully, I don't really dig 'em...I've seen too many things go sour, and removal is upwards of $800. I have the same problem of being really rough on rings. So we got stainless steel.

Iheartalex: I feel your pain, sister!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ronise

Made in Brazil.

View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: August 08, 2006 06:53:22 PM »

Here's is my newest tattoo, got it done yesterday:

My skin looks bad, sorry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Strutter
« Reply #3322 on: August 08, 2006 07:06:09 PM »

Beautiful tattoo and great song.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

licalee
« Reply #3323 on: August 08, 2006 08:12:47 PM »

At 38, I have to put in my .02 and agree with Inna. I LOVE tattoos, and I have one, but I'm awfully glad I didn't get some of the ideas I thought were brilliant at 18. I've never had any trouble at work or anything, but that big Southern Death Cult bicep tattoo I *didn't* get at 18 just doesn't sound as cool now! I recently covered up my first tattoo with something much bigger and prettier. My advice if you're young is to start small/subtle and don't get something too specific, like a band, movie, tv show, boy/girlfriend etc as your taste will certainly change but your tattoo won't. This will also give you more flexibilty to add to your ink as you get older!  OK, I feel like an old lady now, but this is just the wisdom I've gained so far, take it for what it's worth!

I have to agree. My brother got the negative of this over his heart as his first tattoo.

http://loco-lindo.tripod.com/cool_shit/thumbnails/100x100/disturbd.jpg

This is the logo fot hte band "Disturbed."

The bro started on the outline for this but hasn't done anything in a year. He just turned 20 a few months ago.

http://www.repriserecords.com/disturbed/sms/images/logo.gif

He started to get it on his upper arm/shoulder but might not finish it. That last design is actually not bad but I know my brother and I know he'll regret covering his body with images of a band he thought was cool right when he turned 18.  He already said he kind of regrets the chest tattoo. Instead of going to the recent Disturbed concert he was on a church retreat.

He's been in special ed all his life while I was in gifted and talented so it's a bit hard to relate completely to him but I do know that the concept of permanent does not compute in his world.

Don't get me wrong - I have friends that are heavily tattooed. I have at least 8 friends that have facial tattoos. Two awesome nose designs, an eye outline design, a tattooed soul patch, purple and green patterned eyebrows, X tattooed on the eyelids, permanent clown makeup, hairline decoration , and tons of inner and outer lip tattoos.

All but one of those tattoos is incredibly beautiful. The one that isn't beautiful was done after the guy turned 18. He was very immature for his age and a bit off - still is  - and got a huge red and a huge blue circle on either cheek for his clown paint. He never got it touched up and it is incredibly faded and splotchy. Watching him from afar is like watching a fired clown stumbling around town after a three day binge.

So yeah - think out that tattoo before you pay all that money for it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Emilia06
Future Crazy Cat Lady

View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: August 08, 2006 11:46:10 PM »

I read each and every one of the pages in this discussion (Finally!  Cheesy).  I'm completely stunned, all of your tattoos look beautiful!  I especially love the sleeves and back pieces.  Tattooing is truly an art and I had fun looking at all of your masterpieces.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Strutter
« Reply #3325 on: August 09, 2006 07:35:56 PM »

I read each and every one of the pages in this discussion (Finally!  Cheesy).  I'm completely stunned, all of your tattoos look beautiful!  I especially love the sleeves and back pieces.  Tattooing is truly an art and I had fun looking at all of your masterpieces.

If I was really artistic or something, I would so love to be a tattoo artist. "Tattooing is truly an art and I had fun looking at all of your masterpieces." True true. Have you seen work by Nick Baxter? It's extremely awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meetmeinmontauk
I'd rather be bowling.

I still believe that faith can move the mountains.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3326 on: August 09, 2006 08:28:26 PM »

Hey guys --
I've always loved this thread: tons of really beautiful tattoos. =]

However, I'm 17 and would like to get one when I'm 18 or 19, not really in any hurry. I really want to get a yellow bird, most likely on my shoulder or back somewhere... Maybe even with the Bright Eyes lyrics, "You're the yellow bird I've been waiting for."

The only problem is, I can't seem to find any really cute birds that grab me. Birds always look so different. Does anyone have a really cute tattoo of a bird that they're proud of, or a picture?

Thanks, I appreciate it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need the smell of summer, I need its noises in my ears.
licalee
« Reply #3327 on: August 09, 2006 08:35:25 PM »

Hey guys --
I've always loved this thread: tons of really beautiful tattoos. =]

However, I'm 17 and would like to get one when I'm 18 or 19, not really in any hurry. I really want to get a yellow bird, most likely on my shoulder or back somewhere... Maybe even with the Bright Eyes lyrics, "You're the yellow bird I've been waiting for."

The only problem is, I can't seem to find any really cute birds that grab me. Birds always look so different. Does anyone have a really cute tattoo of a bird that they're proud of, or a picture?

Thanks, I appreciate it!

http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=yellow+bird&btnG=Search

and

http://images.google.com/images?svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=yellow+finch&btnG=Search

Yellow finches are so playful and the perfect yellow bird.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3328 on: August 09, 2006 10:17:49 PM »

I posted my wee birdie a while back, he's brown & yellow, a tiny finch on my ankle (part of a bigger floral foot tattoo)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
rachelyra
Medium Reality

making stuff, taking names.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3329 on: August 09, 2006 10:48:05 PM »

here is my phoenix bird (and my half-made wedding dress):

i'd advise you get a bird that you like but wait on the lyric.  words are .... well, i guess they're easy to cover up.  you will probably like the bird later but you might feel dumb having song lyrics on in thirty years.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Better Blueberry Coffee Cake
How to Make Healthy Blueberry Muffins
No Churn Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Recipe
Make-Ahead Desserts
How to Make a Banoffee Sundae
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...