A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,187
Currently Running With Scissors:
377 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 954881 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wrapedinplastic
« Reply #3300 on: August 04, 2006 05:39:22 PM »

I've been watching this thread for ages and have finally given into the tempation to post! Here is my most recent one, it is an interpretation of Cthulhu:

And here another one of mine:

There are more, but no pics yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wrapedinplastic
« Reply #3301 on: August 04, 2006 05:48:14 PM »

ahhhhh haaaa! found an old pic of one of my others.... It's a design by Vince Ray
THIS ROCKS   Logged
livingwithLES
Max Power!

***The Happy Dinosaur***

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3302 on: August 04, 2006 05:55:36 PM »

this thread is awesome!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

AriadnesThread
Take your life like you would a whore - Pogues

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3303 on: August 04, 2006 06:18:32 PM »

HAHA! ROCK! Thanks for the heads-up! Sugar Cookies it is!!!

Small world!!! Cheesy

*blush* Now you've seen me bragging about Jack's work, haha...I'm so damn proud of my sleeve!

Hey, that's  OK because now I can see it when it gets done instead of hearing about it later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadyCregga
keeper of the castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3304 on: August 04, 2006 08:43:37 PM »

lady cregga, those are very cool! are tattooists generally okay with tattooing fingers in america (where i assume you live)?
my husband got my name tattooed on his ring finger while we were on our honeymoon in thailand, since a lot of tattooists in australia (where i live) wont touch fingers anymore.

Alot of the places I have been to don't like to do from the wrist down, ankle down or collar bone up.
But our new guy at Twizted Tattoo, *Twizted himself) said he will do any part you have as long as you know the risk associated when it comes to that part.
Like hubby has really really thick skin on top of his hands and the chances of the lines blowing and leaving it all blurry was extremely high, or that the color would just fall out and we would have to have it redone was also high(unfortunatly that happened and we are going to go back in a few weeks to get touch ups on both)
And with me I have some scars there from my old ring and the lines bleed a bit and some of the color fell out.
Just the biggest thing about doing hands is keep them clean, and try not to bump it and knock a scab off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOW!! -- What a Ride! -- Anonymous
calicoon

The Grand Canyon...and me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3305 on: August 06, 2006 05:56:12 PM »

I LOVE the Milo tattoo!!!!  They are the only band, except for The Smiths or The Pixies that I would consider getting a representative tattoo of. You go!
  I just bought a new car and am hoping to get DSNDTS on the license plate. Surely I will be the only one in Missouri with that idea---my husband thinks it's already been done. Keep your fingers crossed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.squaresville.etsy.com
     For great potholders.
www.squaresvilleusa.blogspot.com
     A flashback to my life in high school.
livingwithLES
Max Power!

***The Happy Dinosaur***

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3306 on: August 06, 2006 06:58:03 PM »

haha! that would be an awesome license plate! yeah, very cool stuff
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strutter
« Reply #3307 on: August 07, 2006 07:32:59 AM »

There are places in the states where there are laws against tattooing hands [at least 5 years ago when I got my last one done it was illegal in the state of Maine]. Also, from what I know a lot of artists don't like to tattoo hands for a couple of reasons the most significant of which is the wear and tear on the skin on your hands. Hand tattoos are hard to keep looking nice because of the sun and chemicals that they're exposed to, so sometimes an artist won't do them because they don't want their name attached to a tattoo that is likely going to look poorly in a short amount of time.

Does that include fingers? I plan on getting a word tattooed on my fingers when i'm 18 or older. (each letter on each finger).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3308 on: August 07, 2006 07:59:51 AM »

There are places in the states where there are laws against tattooing hands [at least 5 years ago when I got my last one done it was illegal in the state of Maine]. Also, from what I know a lot of artists don't like to tattoo hands for a couple of reasons the most significant of which is the wear and tear on the skin on your hands. Hand tattoos are hard to keep looking nice because of the sun and chemicals that they're exposed to, so sometimes an artist won't do them because they don't want their name attached to a tattoo that is likely going to look poorly in a short amount of time.

Does that include fingers? I plan on getting a word tattooed on my fingers when i'm 18 or older. (each letter on each finger).

Your mileage is going to vary on this one I think. Google [Your state] tattoo laws, and it should bring up a number of hits. For instance, the state of Maine: "No tattooing shall be done on the head, neck, hands, feet or the genitalia of any person." So, look up the laws in your state to find out if it's legal, and then find an artist to ask if they do it. Maybe BambiKhan will join in with more info than I have, or at least her personal stance on it?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006 08:09:15 AM by TheBon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
BambiKhantastic
Craftster's Resident Tattoo Artist

Taloola Rocks my World!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3309 on: August 07, 2006 03:46:17 PM »

Sorry I've taken so long to jump in on this one...My schpeal on hands/fingers/feet/toes

Here in MN it's legal to tattoo people pretty much ANYWHERE. It's a matter is the tattooist will, or should. Why?

1. Feet/hands/fingers are notorious for kicking ink. Those parts of the body see so much wear&tear, and the skin regenerates to keep up. Oftentimes, this regeneration will kick the ink out, and the tattoo looks ikky, unfinished, and unprofessional. Tattooists respond to this in one of several different manners,
         a) they warned you, and they'll touch it up:for a cost.
         b) touch ups from 6mo-year are free. But you'll pay more up front.
         c)  they just won't do it, and avoid the hassle.

2. Tattoos are still not totally acceptable. I would never tattoo the hands of an 18-year old. There's just too much life and decisions to be made at that point in your life. The fingers I have done are rings, and the fingers of another tattoo artist(whose locked into his profession). There are quite a few factors involved in convincing me to tattoo somone's fingers. I don't even really like doing rings(in the same way I WILL NOT tattoo SO's names: it's a curse.) but for me it really depends on the couple.
3. Tattooing fingers/hands/feet have some very different aspects about them. My shop does a LOT of feet(since we're one of the few shops that will) So I've had quite a bit of time on that kind of skin. It's so thin, there's no margin for error. Go to deep, and you've got Blow-out(fuzzy lines.) Some people aren't trained on those areas, and therefore won't tattoo them.

So it's up to the state laws, but more importantly, it's up to the tattooist. Call around if you're in a Metro, some places will, some won't, some (like me) require consultations. Expect to pay more for them. Also, expect to be touching them up for the rest of your life.

(As a P.S: Vegan, Please do not get your fingers tattooed at 18! get all your other tattoos, and save them for the very last! Finger tattoos make a very good 30th birthday present to yourself!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
"Seven Thousand Ways to Listen" Interview with Mark Nepo
Cyndi Lauper on Her Memoir
Kathy Reichs and Linda Emond on "Bones Are Forever" Audio Book
Kathy Reichs and Linda Emond on "Bones Are Forever"
Rebecca Serle on "When You Were Mine"
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...