A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Breaking News: What's with all of the SPAM on Craftster?  Click here to find out what happened!
Total Members: 307,168
Currently Running With Scissors:
338 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 1118552 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BambiKhantastic
Craftster's Resident Tattoo Artist

Taloola Rocks my World!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3290 on: August 01, 2006 02:30:00 PM »

I'm glad it helped, Sugarkitty. I just got a sport massage as a tip, which was MUCH appreciated!

You'll be spending a lot of time with your artist, so It should be pretty easy to pick up on his likes, and what he might appreciate. Since you're here, I'm sure you're crafty!

If anyone needs some Ideas, I'll ask around the shop, and see what people like to get most. Smiley For the most part tattooists are creatures of rather simple pleasures. And If your artist has a nickname, He'll probably like something with that on it. We're whores for our nicknames. Wink

(Oh, and I'm REALLY looking forward to that sleeve SugarKitty!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chelsea star
I LOVE YOU!

something saurus.

View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: August 01, 2006 02:58:46 PM »

i'm so jealous...everyone's tattoos are absolutely gorgeous.
here's my dilemma.
im not allowed to get a tattoo. or at least until i live in my own house. so i was thinking, when i turn 18, to get one in my lip, like something stupid. but if i ever really get a tattoo, i want it to be a peacock feather, with the actual feather being on the top of my foot and the stem being the lyrics to tom waits' "hold on" written in a very small font winding up my leg, but i dont know where it should stop!!! can someone help??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

carry their little bodies to the cemetary ever so gently, please don't let their necks crook towards the ground
sugarkitty
so cute it hurts...

so cute it hurts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3292 on: August 01, 2006 03:05:34 PM »

I'm glad it helped, Sugarkitty. I just got a sport massage as a tip, which was MUCH appreciated!

You'll be spending a lot of time with your artist, so It should be pretty easy to pick up on his likes, and what he might appreciate. Since you're here, I'm sure you're crafty!

If anyone needs some Ideas, I'll ask around the shop, and see what people like to get most. Smiley For the most part tattooists are creatures of rather simple pleasures. And If your artist has a nickname, He'll probably like something with that on it. We're whores for our nicknames. Wink

(Oh, and I'm REALLY looking forward to that sleeve SugarKitty!)

Yup, I'm definitely crafty (I'm crafty for a living!)...but here's my main concern: His wife is *also* a Super Crafty Seamstress! So, I wasn't sure what I could make him that she hadn't made already, haha. But the baked goods is a SUPER idea. I had already thought of doing it, but your suggestion reaffirmed that it would go over well.

I have had another session done, but I didn't get pics before it got peely and yucky.  I'm waiting for it to heal before I post. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugarkittycorsets.com ~ sugarstuff.com ~ sugarkitty.etsy.com
PinkMafia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3293 on: August 01, 2006 05:19:39 PM »

I have been working on my expensive sleeve for the past 6 months and tip whatever I can afford. Once $40, once $80 and once $20. Plus, I gave crafty presents for her drawing such a beatiful tattoo for me with the $20 tip.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
erilii
« Reply #3294 on: August 02, 2006 04:25:56 AM »

lady cregga, those are very cool! are tattooists generally okay with tattooing fingers in america (where i assume you live)?
my husband got my name tattooed on his ring finger while we were on our honeymoon in thailand, since a lot of tattooists in australia (where i live) wont touch fingers anymore.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
heathee
Tempermental Artist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3295 on: August 04, 2006 12:57:03 PM »

Why?   Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart you!
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3296 on: August 04, 2006 01:16:00 PM »

There are places in the states where there are laws against tattooing hands [at least 5 years ago when I got my last one done it was illegal in the state of Maine]. Also, from what I know a lot of artists don't like to tattoo hands for a couple of reasons the most significant of which is the wear and tear on the skin on your hands. Hand tattoos are hard to keep looking nice because of the sun and chemicals that they're exposed to, so sometimes an artist won't do them because they don't want their name attached to a tattoo that is likely going to look poorly in a short amount of time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
AriadnesThread
Take your life like you would a whore - Pogues

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3297 on: August 04, 2006 02:12:36 PM »

Yup, I'm definitely crafty (I'm crafty for a living!)...but here's my main concern: His wife is *also* a Super Crafty Seamstress! So, I wasn't sure what I could make him that she hadn't made already, haha. But the baked goods is a SUPER idea. I had already thought of doing it, but your suggestion reaffirmed that it would go over well.

I have had another session done, but I didn't get pics before it got peely and yucky.  I'm waiting for it to heal before I post. Smiley

Hey, that's me!!!   That's Jack on my avatar.  Thanks for the compliment and all.

He likes sugar cookies. 
I won't tell him I told you.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006 02:17:29 PM by AriadnesThread » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugarkitty
so cute it hurts...

so cute it hurts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3298 on: August 04, 2006 04:59:57 PM »

Hey, that's me!!!   That's Jack on my avatar.  Thanks for the compliment and all.

He likes sugar cookies. 
I won't tell him I told you.

HAHA! ROCK! Thanks for the heads-up! Sugar Cookies it is!!!

Small world!!! Cheesy

*blush* Now you've seen me bragging about Jack's work, haha...I'm so damn proud of my sleeve!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugarkittycorsets.com ~ sugarstuff.com ~ sugarkitty.etsy.com
wrapedinplastic
« Reply #3299 on: August 04, 2006 05:39:22 PM »

I've been watching this thread for ages and have finally given into the tempation to post! Here is my most recent one, it is an interpretation of Cthulhu:

And here another one of mine:

There are more, but no pics yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Freeze Time in After Effects
After Effects - Virtual 3D Photos
After Effects - Creating a 3D Room
After Effects - Audio to Animation
After Effects - Dead Planet
Latest Blog Articles
May 4, 2016 Featured Projects
I propose a toast!
Tute Tuesday: Plastic Mesh Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...