A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,747
Currently Running With Scissors:
655 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 974109 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3230 on: July 15, 2006 10:32:26 AM »

OK, I have a question for all of you lovely tattooed ladies (and gentlemen). I am probably going to go talk to an artist next week about doing my new tattoo (squee!). What exactly can/should I expect? I have one tattoo already, but when I got it, I just went into the studio with a very simple drawing that I did myself, and an hour later it was done. For the new one, i know basically what I want, but it's a much more complicated design and the idea needs some fine tuning and such, and I really, really want it to be just right. So... any suggestions?

Thanks. Smiley.

Communication is the key! Your artist is experienced and will have good ideas, just keep talking to him or her until you are happy with the design. Make sure you pick a good artist! (lots of previous posts discuss that). Think about it in advance so that you know the right words to clearly explain your thoughts, and be open to their suggestions, but don't be afraid to suggest changes if you don't like something. Look at lots of pictures so you have an idea what looks good, and go in with an open mind.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
anniefee
« Reply #3231 on: July 15, 2006 11:03:53 AM »

All of these tattoos are so beautiful and inspiring! I'm going to get inked the first time in October, with either the word "Pride" on my wrist in cursive or a tree, but I don't know where I'd want the tree.

My question to the tattoo veterans is: where does it hurt the least to get inked?

i'm not sure where on the wrist you're thinking, but this is my tattoo at the top of my wrist:

in case you can't read it, it says I AM. totally did NOT hurt, just kind of stung a little at first and then felt like he was tickling my skin with the needle. i think it kind of depends on how big it is, how much color is involved, and where it is. i've heard that any where near the spinal cord or a bone is where it hurts the most.

just my thoughts...Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." Teddy Roosevelt

http://annieisabel.etsy.com
gwenluvy
« Reply #3232 on: July 15, 2006 11:35:33 AM »

is that a bme tattoo?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
anniefee
« Reply #3233 on: July 15, 2006 11:46:11 AM »

is that a bme tattoo?

you mean me? i have no idea what a bme tattoo is! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." Teddy Roosevelt

kboue
« Reply #3234 on: July 15, 2006 11:49:13 AM »

Thanks for the advice! I love your tattoo, I'm really into simple words and whatnot. I'd get mine on the underside (?) of my wrist. I've heard coloring hurts the most, so I think I'll just stick with a nice simple black lettering. How long did yours take?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TurtleGrrrl

watch out for honu!

View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: July 15, 2006 11:54:26 AM »

All of these tattoos are so beautiful and inspiring! I'm going to get inked the first time in October, with either the word "Pride" on my wrist in cursive or a tree, but I don't know where I'd want the tree.

My question to the tattoo veterans is: where does it hurt the least to get inked?

i've heard that any where near the spinal cord or a bone is where it hurts the most.

mine is over my lower spine and branches out onto my ribs and parts of it hurt.  for me, it was weird because going over one side of my spine hurt more than the other.  and because it was low on my back, sometimes it would make my whole body shake a little when she went over my spine.  for perspective, my bf has 4, one on each shoulder, one in the middle of his back, then one large one going lengthwise over his lower back.  The only one that was horrendously painful for him was the lower back one, though it was also the most intricate and took the longest, so that was certainly part of it too!  Here are some pics:

Mine (this pic makes it look small b/c it's cropped, but it's rather big)

I don't love how the heart came out, someday I'll get it fixed... it was hard to tell when I first got it because I have a skin condition called graphitis and my skin gets super red & inflamed (like an allergic reaction) when I get any sort of scratch, so you can imagine how it looked after having a needle go over it so many times!!

My bf's

3 of his (the non-cobra ones) were designed especially for him with an amazing artist, he is awesome. 

Eventually I'm going to get another, I've always planned on that, I just can't decide whether I want a realistic looking turtle or a tribal honu symbol.  and where to put it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There are two sides to a trumpeter's personality.  There is the one that lives only to lay waste to the woodwinds and strings, leaving them lying blue and lifeless along the swath of destruction that is the trumpeter's fury.  And then there's the dark side.

http://www.wists.com/turtlegrrrl
anniefee
« Reply #3236 on: July 15, 2006 12:08:01 PM »

Thanks for the advice! I love your tattoo, I'm really into simple words and whatnot. I'd get mine on the underside (?) of my wrist. I've heard coloring hurts the most, so I think I'll just stick with a nice simple black lettering. How long did yours take?

you're welcome. thank YOU! Smiley i really like simple words or ideas, too.

i'm pretty sure the underside of your wrist will hurt because of the tendons there and the skin is thinner. that's one reason i didn't have mine there. that, and i'm an interpreter and my clients would complain i'm distracting them! Smiley

anyway, it took maybe 5 minutes for the entire process! i was amazed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

almostascone
« Reply #3237 on: July 15, 2006 12:26:00 PM »

you're welcome. thank YOU! Smiley i really like simple words or ideas, too.

i'm pretty sure the underside of your wrist will hurt because of the tendons there and the skin is thinner. that's one reason i didn't have mine there. that, and i'm an interpreter and my clients would complain i'm distracting them! Smiley

anyway, it took maybe 5 minutes for the entire process! i was amazed!
How much did it cost? I'm looking for something similarly simple. (Also, did you just tell them the words you wanted, or bring in a picture with words + font of your choosing?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps.

http://www.wists.com/almostascone
anniefee
« Reply #3238 on: July 15, 2006 12:41:45 PM »

ummm....it didn't cost that much. i was expecting it to be over $60 and it was i think somewhere between $30 and $40. i remember it being less than my nose piercing, and that was $40. i wrote on a piece of paper what i wanted and how big and then the artist drew two different versions of it - one exactly like mine and one with a slightly different font. i liked his better so that's what i chose.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gwenluvy
« Reply #3239 on: July 15, 2006 02:01:53 PM »

yeah, anniefee i meant you, bme = bme.freeq.com

just curious. Smiley

can't tell if this sounds grumpy or not but sorry if it does I just woke up from a nap and have a huge headache.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kai Lenny Style Challenge: Stand Up Paddleboarding
Styling the Perfect Holiday Party Look
3 Reasons Why Pencil Skirts Are the New Mini
Need to Know: Oversized Sweaters, Google Flight Finder, and Fab Slippers
Cara Delevingne and Taylor Swift Rock Runway Show
Latest Blog Articles
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...