A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,706
Currently Running With Scissors:
674 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 938421 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

petuniahead
Renegade Chola

Viva La Gee Whiz!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3220 on: July 13, 2006 12:07:01 PM »

WOW Herbavore... BEAUTIFUL!!!  The Dia De Los Muertos Skulls are Wonderful. I'm Getting one in the middle of my petunias on my back. I've been designing it for quite sometime now, just don't want to rush it.I Want it PERFECT. I THink Celebrating Life rather than Mouning Death is an Incredible Thing. I've been following Dia de los muertos since I could Remember. It's a Wonderful thing,and I've learned alot from my Grandparents and parents from it...Wonderful job!!!  Wink

-Erica
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone, because I am the person I know best."
-Frida Kahlo

www.geewhizdesign.e tsy.com
rachelyra
Medium Reality

making stuff, taking names.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3221 on: July 14, 2006 02:58:25 PM »

tinafish, you look like you're in SF, are you?  who's your artist?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinafish
« Reply #3222 on: July 14, 2006 03:51:35 PM »

tinafish, you look like you're in SF, are you?  who's your artist?

i'm actually in san pedro in that picture....basicall y long beach. Smiley my artist that did my cranes is ron and my skull is by aaron coleman. they are both from immaculate tattoo. they are hands down the best tattoo shop in all of arizona. i love those guys.  Kiss Kiss Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

juniperl13
The one with the stripes

you look like lunch to me! ^_^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3223 on: July 14, 2006 06:34:25 PM »

I finally got my new tattoo today! I know I haven't mentioned it before, but after a few letdowns on the part of the first artist I was going to use I was loathe to talk about it lest I jinx it or something. Fortunately, the second (better) artist I worked with didn't let me down at all and did a lovely outline-free ouroboros on my back, which I will show off once it's not quite so red and bleeding.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

Also, I have a blog at  http://neglectedblog.blogspot.com/
dropoffradar

undercover superheroine.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3224 on: July 14, 2006 07:14:11 PM »

I finally got my new tattoo today! I know I haven't mentioned it before, but after a few letdowns on the part of the first artist I was going to use I was loathe to talk about it lest I jinx it or something. Fortunately, the second (better) artist I worked with didn't let me down at all and did a lovely outline-free ouroboros on my back, which I will show off once it's not quite so red and bleeding.

sounds cool! i cant wait to see.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. i am. i am. i am.

i do personal swaps!

wists
last.fm
rachelyra
Medium Reality

making stuff, taking names.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3225 on: July 14, 2006 07:39:23 PM »

tinafish, that's a bit far for me to go - guess i'll keep looking Wink

juniperl, i can't wait to see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redheadedali

I don't know what that means. - Brennan

View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: July 14, 2006 11:07:45 PM »

OK, I have a question for all of you lovely tattooed ladies (and gentlemen). I am probably going to go talk to an artist next week about doing my new tattoo (squee!). What exactly can/should I expect? I have one tattoo already, but when I got it, I just went into the studio with a very simple drawing that I did myself, and an hour later it was done. For the new one, i know basically what I want, but it's a much more complicated design and the idea needs some fine tuning and such, and I really, really want it to be just right. So... any suggestions?

Thanks. Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This is why I suggested attack dogs, but no, my mother wanted an alpaca.- Logan, Veronica Mars

http://redheadedali.livejournal.com
kboue
« Reply #3227 on: July 15, 2006 10:08:52 AM »

All of these tattoos are so beautiful and inspiring! I'm going to get inked the first time in October, with either the word "Pride" on my wrist in cursive or a tree, but I don't know where I'd want the tree.

My question to the tattoo veterans is: where does it hurt the least to get inked?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chimerix
"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." ~Pablo Picasso

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3228 on: July 15, 2006 10:29:25 AM »

Hi All, I am new around here, but what a thread for me!

OK, I have a question for all of you lovely tattooed ladies (and gentlemen). I am probably going to go talk to an artist next week about doing my new tattoo (squee!). What exactly can/should I expect? I have one tattoo already, but when I got it, I just went into the studio with a very simple drawing that I did myself, and an hour later it was done. For the new one, i know basically what I want, but it's a much more complicated design and the idea needs some fine tuning and such, and I really, really want it to be just right. So... any suggestions?

First, if you don't already know the artist, take your ideas, pictures, drawings and really explain what you're thinking of and where you want it.  I also think that you should make sure that it is something that the artist wants to do, especially if it is a large piece and you are going to be spending lots of time with her/him.  (I am in process of having my whole back done, and it took the artist and I four tries (his sketches) to get it perfect - though it was also through this that I realized how VERY, VERY talented Josh is!!)

Second - or maybe this should be first  Wink - MAKE SURE that the tattooing area is CLEAN!  Most places are really nice now, but make sure that they are using throw-away needles and that there is an autoclave for the non-disposable pieces!

And my final - funny - note:  Since it is such a male dominated business, be prepared to be ignored.  I know that sounds mean or weird, but this is what I mean:  I sit for 4-6 hours at a time having work done WITHOUT my shirt on.  Not once have I ever been made to feel unclothed.  In fact, most people who come through while we are working - TOTALLY ignore me as a person and stare at my back where the work is being done.  Sometimes, the person looking will eventually realize that I can see them and they will say some off the cuff "Hi" or something.  I love it.  It always seems like a leveler to me.

Aloha, I can't wait to learn my way around better, so that I can post pics of my back!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We are the dreamers of the dream."  ~Willy Wonka

I LOVE Personal Swaps - PM me!

My wists:  http://www.wists.com/chimerix

I am collecting tabs off soda/beer cans, unusual/cool looking bottle caps, wine corks
bente
« Reply #3229 on: July 15, 2006 10:31:38 AM »

All of these tattoos are so beautiful and inspiring! I'm going to get inked the first time in October, with either the word "Pride" on my wrist in cursive or a tree, but I don't know where I'd want the tree.

My question to the tattoo veterans is: where does it hurt the least to get inked?

All I can say, it hurts..  I know some people dont really feel it as pain or hurting, but my feeling/opinion is it hurts everywhere.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists: http://www.wists.com/fraudeutz
The only difference between tattooed and untattooed people is that tattooed people are way more cool and can kick some ass *gg*
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a Summery Braided Flower Hairstyle
How to Get a Gorgeous Formal French Twist Hairstyle
How to Stop the 7 Signs of Aging Hair
Need A New Look? The Hottest Wigs For You
Beyonce’s Hair Colorist on How to Dye Your Hair at Home
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...