A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,476
Currently Running With Scissors:
716 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 960599 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dropoffradar

undercover superheroine.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3200 on: July 11, 2006 12:58:22 PM »

pink mafia - one word, gorgeous! i love everything about it.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. i am. i am. i am.

i do personal swaps!

wists
last.fm
greenfish
« Reply #3201 on: July 11, 2006 04:14:34 PM »

Pink Mafia! I have sissors like the ones you have inked on! They are swan-esq.. lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkMafia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3202 on: July 11, 2006 04:21:28 PM »

Thank you everyone. I'm really excited to finish it. Sadly my artist is moing to another island so I won't be able to get anymore work from her.  Tongue I think the scissors go with the asian theme.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
greenfish
« Reply #3203 on: July 11, 2006 06:17:00 PM »

Oh they definately go with the asian theme..lovely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nihiliststar
Meow?

aliastriona steals souls with her camera...

View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: July 11, 2006 07:53:44 PM »

Oh wow.  Your Ganesh tattoo is beautiful.  I love the colors and the style.   Cheesy  The homage to craftiness is neato.  Did you design it yourself?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many things fail to interest us, simply because they don't find in us enough surfaces on which to live, and what we have to do then is to increase the number of planes in our mind, so that a much larger number of themes can find a place in it at the same time.
~ Ortega Y Gasset ~
KiwiDragons
Get it together!

Stacked Sheep. :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3205 on: July 12, 2006 03:14:52 AM »

I have one on the front of my arm and as it got closer to the inside it started swelling right away - so much so that I have to go back and get the coloring done - it was not quite as painful as I thought it would be... Its not completely on the inside, so I don't know about the usage factor!

Thank you for your input! I didn't except to hear about swelling...never thought of that!

I thought the healing was waaay worse than the tattooing on my inner arm. I had to be careful not to swing my arm when I walked, to hold it a little distance away from my body at all times, and to wear shirts with sleeves that either completely covered or completely bared the tattoo, so that the hem wouldn't irritate it. Plus with the amount of swelling I got, I didn't want to show people because I thought my arm looked fat. (Silly, I know. But still.) The holding-my-arm-out-to-the-side phase lasted about a week and it was occasionally tender (like if I made a bad shirt-sleeve choice) for about another week. If you have a desk job, it probably won't be too big a deal, but if you're planning on doing something that involves using your arms (hee! I can't think of another way to put it--it's way too late to be awake--I tried to think of an example but I can't actually think of anything that DOESN'T involve your arms, except soccer) or if you have a low tolerance for pain or are a slow healer, you might want to think about getting them done one at a time.

Wow...hmmmm...I don't know what my job will be in the future...my current job...no way I could do it then! Ha ha...but sadly I will be leaving that for a job that involves way less. Since I have to wait anyway, not a big deal. Thank you so much for your input. I was actually thinking about waiting until next summer (no money now Sad ) so I wouldn't have to worry about wearing any sleeves at all. I'm pretty good with pain, so I'm not TOO worried, but I didn't even think about my job. Thank you again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists

Little Visitor Adventures
Charlie in MO
Zazie in Canada
MiaBlaze
« Reply #3206 on: July 12, 2006 10:08:27 AM »

I have two- one I got when I was 17 and the other is my family monogram that my hubby and I got on our 1 year anniversaries. Now, if I can figure out how to post a picture I'll show them to you! Warning- the one on my lower back is a but "furry"... Goose Down is what my hubby calls it. I call it disgusting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
THE MORG
« Reply #3207 on: July 12, 2006 10:27:53 AM »

Hello,

This is my first tattoo, the picture was taken on the same day i got it done. Ill be going back inn to have it colored in.

<cetner><center/>
THIS ROCKS   Logged
semicharm86

You met me at a really strange time in my life.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3208 on: July 12, 2006 10:37:08 AM »

Hello,

This is my first tattoo, the picture was taken on the same day i got it done. Ill be going back inn to have it colored in.

i love it! that was very brave of you to get a huge chest piece for your first tattoo!! i would have chickened out for sure if that was my first tattoo! it's fantastic. Smiley i especially love the style of the roses, and the pretty birdies on the ends.
what colors are you planning on doing?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hurricane_sc
Oh, Kara.

The people all call her Alaska.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3209 on: July 12, 2006 10:37:40 AM »

oh! I love that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps! Just ask me about them! I have tons of fabric to trade for maybe other fabric..or knitted or crochet items!!!

For swap partners:
http://librarianintherye.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the White Balance and Color Sampler Tools
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to View .DNG Images in Bridge
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Downsample and Save for Print
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Adjust Flesh Tones by Setting the Gray Point
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Set the White Point to Match a Target
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...