A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 307,578
Currently Running With Scissors:
306 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 1181754 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PetitGateau
« Reply #3190 on: July 10, 2006 09:04:33 AM »

Ahoy-

Re: the spine/pain thing.  I have a tattoo on the back of my neck, dead centre.  It's 1-1/2'' square, but it only took about 20 minutes because it's all linework.  I know it's not a long session, but I wanted to give my two cents.

It barely hurt!  It was directly over the top of my spine (sometimes lines drawn completely parallel with it) and it hurt no more than getting scratched with a pencil.  The most painful part (for me) was one either side of the spine, at the very top.  Even that was child's play.  Obviously everyone has a different threshhold for pain, and if you're getting your tattoo lower than the neck, this might not be too helpful, but don't be disheartened.  It might be as easy as mine, so why not go for it?

PS: anyone getting any work near Toronto, Ontario HAS to go to Sal's Tattoo and Barber Shop (not actually a barber shop).  Ask fr Greg.  He does the most exquisite line work and damn he is fast!  He's a lovely guy and they put horror movies on to distract you.  Look at their website (I think it's something like salstattoo.com, but look it up to be sure)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spunky_nikki
« Reply #3191 on: July 10, 2006 09:15:02 AM »

I got my first tattoos in April '06. My friend and I did it on a whim.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
PetitGateau
« Reply #3192 on: July 10, 2006 02:46:11 PM »

Yeah, colouring is way worse than linework, I agree.  My other piece is further down on my back, not over the spine, though.

I think the main thing is just remembering that the pain is fleeting, but the beautiful tattoo is there for the rest of your life.  It is so worth it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
photogirl
« Reply #3193 on: July 10, 2006 03:48:54 PM »

I've been enjoying this thread for a quite awhile now, I even posted some time ago and I'm trying to get through all the pages (I think I'm on 150), but I have a question (and I apologize if this has been asked a million times before) about inner, upper arm tattoos. I'm expecting pain, due to the tenderness of the area, but what I'm wondering about is the healing process afterward. I plan on getting one on each side-am I going to be totally unable to use my arms for a bit? Any tips? Thank you guys so much for your answers.

By the way, all the tattoos I've seen on this thread (waaaaay back and recent) are simply amazing!!! I really enjoying seeing everyone's work and reading the stories.  Smiley

I have one on the front of my arm and as it got closer to the inside it started swelling right away - so much so that I have to go back and get the coloring done - it was not quite as painful as I thought it would be... Its not completely on the inside, so I don't know about the usage factor!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkMafia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3194 on: July 10, 2006 06:40:50 PM »

Here is my latest update. Not totally healed but thought I'd share anyway.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
EmilyFlew

..sweets4ever is so rad..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3195 on: July 10, 2006 07:13:23 PM »

ah.may.zing. Looks fantastic. The light blue especially looks really great against your skin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

technocutie, handmade iPod cases and felt accoutrements
thoughts and days.

I <3 the mod squad ladies!
batgirl
Tutorial Contributor

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3196 on: July 10, 2006 09:20:18 PM »

Pinkmafia, that is looking wonderful! I love the flowers with the crafty stuff! Emily is right about the blue, it's a lovely color on you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3197 on: July 11, 2006 01:07:08 AM »

I have a question (and I apologize if this has been asked a million times before) about inner, upper arm tattoos. I'm expecting pain, due to the tenderness of the area, but what I'm wondering about is the healing process afterward. I plan on getting one on each side-am I going to be totally unable to use my arms for a bit? Any tips? Thank you guys so much for your answers.

I thought the healing was waaay worse than the tattooing on my inner arm. I had to be careful not to swing my arm when I walked, to hold it a little distance away from my body at all times, and to wear shirts with sleeves that either completely covered or completely bared the tattoo, so that the hem wouldn't irritate it. Plus with the amount of swelling I got, I didn't want to show people because I thought my arm looked fat. (Silly, I know. But still.) The holding-my-arm-out-to-the-side phase lasted about a week and it was occasionally tender (like if I made a bad shirt-sleeve choice) for about another week. If you have a desk job, it probably won't be too big a deal, but if you're planning on doing something that involves using your arms (hee! I can't think of another way to put it--it's way too late to be awake--I tried to think of an example but I can't actually think of anything that DOESN'T involve your arms, except soccer) or if you have a low tolerance for pain or are a slow healer, you might want to think about getting them done one at a time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
Rylizbeth

I don't remember...

View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: July 11, 2006 06:53:25 AM »

PinkMafia,

Your tat is coming along beautifully! I agree with the previous note that the blue looks lovely on your skin
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006 07:44:38 AM by Rylizbeth » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dropoffradar

undercover superheroine.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3199 on: July 11, 2006 12:58:22 PM »

pink mafia - one word, gorgeous! i love everything about it.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. i am. i am. i am.

i do personal swaps!

wists
last.fm
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Tea Wallet
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Personalized Pet Collar
Wild Animals on Your Tree

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...