A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,655
Currently Running With Scissors:
637 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 937576 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kabili

I'm not a llama anymore!

View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: July 07, 2006 01:17:15 PM »

alteredmommy, i like your symbolism! very cool.

re: you signature line - leukemia does, indeed, suck. what can you tell us about joining a bone marrow registry? obviously, it's not like just showing up and donating blood (which i've done before) or being listed as an "organ donor" on your driver's license (which i am). what's the process for bone marrow?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

where are we going, and why am i in this handbasket?
alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3171 on: July 07, 2006 03:05:28 PM »

well kabili, having been on the receiving end I'm not really sure.  here in Canada there is a long application that you can fill out at bloodservices.ca; if approved  a blood sample is taken as the matches are made on a DNA basis (not blood type).  I think the US has lots of different donor organization (try googleing bone marrow transplants)-there are millions of donors listed worldwide, but very few get called.  All registries belong to the World Wide donor network, so you may be called to donate to someone across the world.  Everyone i know has a stem cell transplant which is much like giving blood and alot easier than the bone marrow transplant.

It still blows my mind that a fella from somewhere in Europe (England I believe, but don't know for sure) matched my DNA closer than my own brother-now I have a strangers immune system,his  blood and man DNA in my bone marrow (can't really say I know how all that works either I just go with the flow baby!!)  Thanks for your interest and I hope you can find a registry to join-and thanks for giving blood (I had over 35 blood and platelet transfusions in a 5 month period!!) Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster Mobile has launched!  Find out more here

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
licalee
« Reply #3172 on: July 07, 2006 10:03:34 PM »

Love the tree - tjive! Do you have larger or more detailed pics? It looks so detailed and I want to see more!

I LOOOOOVE that!

The all black is perfect and it's a great image! Thanks so much for the bigger pic.

And hurricane_sc - let's see it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jack E. Ohhh

You be him, and I'll be her...

View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: July 08, 2006 12:03:07 PM »

After...

Before...

Next... I swear to god it isn't crooked and wierd like this... it's just hard to photograph your own arm.  (I know, it needs some touch ups.. it's only a few months old.. I'll be going back for them soon)

Some dude from one of the local tattoo shops saw this the other day while I was at work (I'm a bartender) and pulled me aside saying, "I was about to try to sell you into coming into the shop for some work, but I can clearly see that you don't need a new shop... that's F**ing beautiful."  That's the first time anyone has ever said anything to me about it... I was blushing.  Then about an hour later another dude from the one of the shops (there are quite a few near my town) came in and did the same thing.  I felt really proud and can't wait to go back in and tell my artist about all the notoriety she is building around my town without even living here!!....  Cheesy

I also gots stocking seams, some horrible crimson ghost tattoo, and a black heart on my stomach/hip area...  Going in to work on a cover up of the misfits one and to begin a sleeve next month!  eeeek!

-Sorry the photos are so big
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where exactly in the yard?  On the croquet lawn?  By the bird bath?  Marty, where do you think we should bury these babies with webbed feet?  The back yard is getting very crowded i think.  positively littered with corpses.  First daddy's and now duck babies.
Jack E. Ohhh

You be him, and I'll be her...

View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: July 08, 2006 12:08:27 PM »

oops... I meant to say that the dude in the bar was talking about the joy division tattoo... I guess I didn't make that very clear... I was just typing randomly. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where exactly in the yard?  On the croquet lawn?  By the bird bath?  Marty, where do you think we should bury these babies with webbed feet?  The back yard is getting very crowded i think.  positively littered with corpses.  First daddy's and now duck babies.
aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3175 on: July 08, 2006 12:56:53 PM »

Jack E. Ohh, did you post your exploding dog "before" picture on here (several thousand pages back)? I remembered it from working my way through this thread--I was telling someone about it all excited and then couldn't find the page again. I love it, and I love the new addition! Like the Joy Division one too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
intergalacticj

jam jam jam jam jam...

View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: July 08, 2006 01:19:53 PM »

i love the note, but especially the joy devision one, it looks so lovely and bright!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

medusa911

http://www.silegrace.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3177 on: July 08, 2006 07:37:19 PM »

Okay, all!  I am in the process of getting a new tattoo, so I found this thread!

Here's my Medusa: 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

meanderingchaos
It's just a jump to the left...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3178 on: July 08, 2006 08:56:48 PM »

Here's a picture of my brand-new tattoo. My mother and I went and got matching ones. Hers has my name under it and is much smaller.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teach a man to fish and he'll have a pond full of exploding koi.
http://www.wists.com/meanderingchaos
skyra

a fork is a fork of course

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3179 on: July 09, 2006 09:01:49 AM »

I have been away from Craftster for a little while, and have been popping my head in all over the place trying to catch up with everyones supreme crafting skills.  I couldn't figure out where to jump in though, and then I remembered this thread!

I got the rest of my crafty Ganesh finished last week, so now I can show him off in all his glory!!  (the heavier black lines were touch ups made so that the lines wouldn't get lost in this incarnation of the work

It is hard to see in these pictures, but Ganesh is holding a pair of sewing shears, a spool of thread, and has a thimble on his thumb.  His other hand is in the traditional mudra pose.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006 09:29:36 AM by skyra » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting to save the world...one magnet at a time!!
http://www.torridcraftaffair.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Celebrity Hair Trend: Braided Chignon
Jennifer Aniston Sports Shorter Hair Cut
Three Back-to-School Braided Looks
How to Get the Perfect Curly Cut
Upgrade to a Rose Bun For Your Holiday Parties!
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...