A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,663
Currently Running With Scissors:
620 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 937591 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

youlittlerabbit
« Reply #800 on: July 02, 2005 08:21:52 AM »

Oh jesus, looking at all of your beautiful ink has strengthened my resolve to get one this summer, despite my teeeeny bank account. I have had a very specific idea in mind for quite some time, and I'm going to have a friend draw it for me-

but what I am wondering is: about how much should I expect it to cost? It will be about 3'' x 1'', in color. I know it depends on the artist, I'm just looking for a ballpark idea, and this seemed like a place to ask.... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amandajones

life means nothing if you're not obsessed

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: July 02, 2005 09:18:09 AM »

i saw a lady who had the seams tattooed and she had a cherry at the top of each. it was quite cute

sounds cute!  I just left mine blank for the time being....  I couldn't figure out just what would be perfect on me for toppers.  I may add small black hearts.  I think I do need to add something eventually, they look a little random in a swimsuit without a definate top.  I'll save that pain for another day though.

it's always best too wait if you are unsure. which i'm sure you know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We like boys. We like hot boys.
With roaming hands and rushing fingers!
I'm just a be bop baby, and i don't take nothing from no one.
See you later Daddyo's
jinn
walking widdershins...

I'm ready for my detention Professor Snape.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #802 on: July 02, 2005 09:25:05 AM »

but what I am wondering is: about how much should I expect it to cost? It will be about 3'' x 1'', in color. I know it depends on the artist, I'm just looking for a ballpark idea, and this seemed like a place to ask.... Smiley

Some artists charge by the hour, and usually about $100-$150 per.  But with a piece that size they would probably set a price for the whole thing.  It also depends on how detailed it is.. sometimes you have to go bigger just to get all the detail in.  My uneducated guess would be somewhere around $200-$300.  But I really have no idea.  Cheesy  Yeah.. I'm a BIG help!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There is no life I know, to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be...
mycatisnosferatu
« Reply #803 on: July 02, 2005 09:28:50 AM »

Oh jesus, looking at all of your beautiful ink has strengthened my resolve to get one this summer, despite my teeeeny bank account. I have had a very specific idea in mind for quite some time, and I'm going to have a friend draw it for me-

I would say about $80 to $200
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkMafia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #804 on: July 02, 2005 12:09:43 PM »

I love the passion flower, its beautiful. I plan on adding one on my arm some day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costum e maven.
viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #805 on: July 02, 2005 02:43:12 PM »

my friends shop theres a minimum of 60 bucks..so with all the different pricing your being told the best thing is to go and ask the artist yourself...but remember, cheaper isnt always the best way..you get what you pay for alot of times..ive seen my share..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
mycatisnosferatu
« Reply #806 on: July 02, 2005 03:11:14 PM »

It all depends on where you live really.  All I can talk about it California, that's where I am from.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jack E. Ohhh

You be him, and I'll be her...

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: July 02, 2005 03:15:40 PM »

Love them Jack E. Ohhh!  ;-)  I had never seen this tattoo in any variation, until yours.
And I hope you do get toppers eventually... black hearts would look simple & sexy...
Hey... I just realized you are in Ohio, for some reason I thought you live in California.

Thanks guys, by the way, now I am stuck on SuicideGirls, lol.  My boyfriend is going to wake up, walk in here, and be like...Woahh.. hey now.  LOL.

I'm glad I'm the first you've seen...Yay!  Sorry I don't have so very hot legs for you to be introduced to them on....  The tattoos were, in a lot of ways, to help me get over my self consciousness about my stems and to give me a naughty little secret (I won't be showing them off all that much, I usually wear pants, they just make me feel sexy even beneath my clothes..Which is the most important thing to me---How I feel about them/how they make me feel)

Eventually most likely will get toppers, but I'm the kind of person who really painstakingly thinks things over before doing them...  So they will have to be perfect in my head before I add them.

And yes, I am an Ohio girl...  I've never lived anywhere else or even really visited anywhere else...It's midwest quicksand.  In fact, I am toying with the idea of getting an Ohio tattoo with some kind of play on the fact that ohio is shaped like a heart and "the heart of it all,"  I'm thinking some type of anatomical heart looking state shape...  Just an idea, but I gots a crimson ghost tattoo I got when I was 17 that is in DIRE need of some help these days....That'll have to come first.

I type too much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where exactly in the yard?  On the croquet lawn?  By the bird bath?  Marty, where do you think we should bury these babies with webbed feet?  The back yard is getting very crowded i think.  positively littered with corpses.  First daddy's and now duck babies.
Jack E. Ohhh

You be him, and I'll be her...

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: July 02, 2005 03:26:42 PM »

It all depends on where you live really.  All I can talk about it California, that's where I am from.

Yeah...  It totally depends.

Ohio:  nice tattoo shop: 100 bucks an hour/ 60-75 dollar minimum
         Skanky tattoo shop: less.

Think about it as if you were buying a pair of shoes you planned on wearing every single day.  If you spent like 5 bucks and got a plastic pair of flip flops, they might seem okay in the beginning, but will turn to crap pretty fast.  If you get a nice pair of shoes, they could last you forever and your happiness with them will not dwindle within the first few wears.

I, luckily, only have one shitty tattoo...and it looks like someone stabbed the ink in with a butcher knife...  It's just a huge scar with a semi-uniform placement of ink and shape.  Look at portfolios, ask questions, and make sure you are comfortable with the artist before you get tattooed by them.  Nothing is worse than having some douche tattoo you who gets annoyed and makes you feel embarassed if you ask him to move the transfer more than once, or ask for a break to have a sip of water.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where exactly in the yard?  On the croquet lawn?  By the bird bath?  Marty, where do you think we should bury these babies with webbed feet?  The back yard is getting very crowded i think.  positively littered with corpses.  First daddy's and now duck babies.
Morning Star
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

feel my chest when i look at you, baby you, you got my only heart.

suppose i said, you're my saving grace?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #809 on: July 02, 2005 04:29:59 PM »

The first one i got, i only paid $40. That was the minimum, and it was my birthday. And we had been in there before, so the guy kinda recognized me. He was super nice, did an AWESOME job, and didn't just jump into it. I loved it.
The second one was $50, and the guy who was in the process of doing mine, was also making fun of our friend's boyfriend who had just left, and was fighting with my two other friends who were waiting for me. It was really idiotic and unprofessional. I was mad. But, i like it, so oh well.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-mayor west?
-how do you know my language?

i made an info blog for my swap partners.
http://mon-seul.livejournal.com/

i now have a wist list!

www.wists.com/morningstar
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Build a Bridge
The Food Pyramid Design
How to Write Like an Architect Series Preview
Her Health Minute with Artist Darin Grandmason
How a Manufacturer Innovates ECommerce Operations
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...