A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
537 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 936093 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

burstandbloom
« Reply #4800 on: December 03, 2007 07:20:31 PM »

wow you guys...my tattoo didnt hurt nearly as bad as all those excruciating sounding explanations...and mine's on the top of my foot right on the bone. maybe i just have a high pain tolerance?

i would say mine hurt just like being cratched my a cat or something and that stinging feeling you get. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps!
KiwiDragons
Get it together!

Stacked Sheep. :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4801 on: December 03, 2007 08:55:15 PM »

how do you describe tattoo pain when asked about it??

Like someone dragging a fishing hook through my skin.
Like a tiny very hot knife.
My last two (on my inner biceps) felt like a hot knife being drug through my skin. It was certainly the most painful of my 6. The others....hurt, but-nothing bad like my arms.

BTW, the recent pics are awesome. It makes me want to get my next ones right now!!! (but alas, no money)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists

Little Visitor Adventures
Charlie in MO
Zazie in Canada
circus

BIKES BABIES AND BEER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4802 on: December 03, 2007 09:04:20 PM »

I've got tattoos on the backs of both of my thighs- and I'd describe it best as burning needles. It was really strange how I could tell when the artist was closer to the backs of my knees (PAINFUL) and my inner thighs. I feel like the first two were less painful even though it was mostly line work- when I got them colored in it hurt like hell? I hear you its more painful when you're on/near your period- maybe thats it. Or the hangover. Everyone warned me that my back- especially my spine would be really painful but it wasn't so much. I could definitely tell when he was on my left side- it hurt more I'm guessing since I'm left handed, so, more muscle definition? It was definitely strange because my right side didn't hurt AT ALL. However, it took forever to heal and was EXTREMELY painful, it burned like hell. I'm told this may be from the red ink. Has anyone else heard of this/had this problem?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KiwiDragons
Get it together!

Stacked Sheep. :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4803 on: December 03, 2007 09:10:24 PM »

I've got tattoos on the backs of both of my thighs
So do I-I'm the only person I know with them in that spot- I get weird looks all the time, "why'd you get them there?" stuff. Personally, I think it's a great spot.

As for the burning and red ink...I can't say that it's ever happened to me. I do have some red in a couple of my tattoos, but it's not a significant amount. I have heard of red ink giving people problems though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists

Little Visitor Adventures
Charlie in MO
Zazie in Canada
zowiewoahie

But it's my BIRTHDAY tomorrow!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4804 on: December 04, 2007 01:15:22 AM »

I just got my first on wed. I'm not posting pictures untill it's healed. I want everyone to see what it looks like without oozing meat juice and skin flakes (ew) But I must say, it's healing beautifully and it really didn't hurt that bad at all. It goes from my shin bone to the back of my calf. The back hurt more then the front...go figure. I guess I'm not as big a baby as I think I am. Anywho, photos to come, I can't wait to see what it finally looks like!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lets all go to Jack Taylor's to celebrate!
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: December 04, 2007 04:28:40 AM »

Hey all!

Let's keep it focused on the craft/art/design aspect of tattoos and not the pain and/or medical aspects.  It's gotta be crafty to be on Craftster!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
bubba*tink

there's nuffin loik a warm cable-knit necklace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4806 on: December 06, 2007 05:15:11 PM »

woo hooooooo!!!  I've been waiting for about a year to get my tattoo started!  My husby just posted his traditional japanese half-sleeves a few pages ago, and now it's my turn! muahahaaaa...

I just got this done on Tuesday.  They're only the outlines so far, the shading will be done next week.  My tattoo dude is the same guy who designed and tattooed my husband.  His name is Steve Cvinar and he works at High Street Tattoo in Columbus, Ohio, and he just rocks left and right...

I wanted to get something colourful and meaningful (obviously) so I opted for foliage and bees.  The foliage was inspired by the drawings of art nouveau artist/typographer Georges Auriol.  I didn't want any flowers because they're a little too girly for me.  My parents and both sets of my grandparents were all excellent gardeners, had beautiful flowers and plants in their gardens, so the garden on my arm is in honour to all of them.

The bees are for my paternal grandmother, who I got to know longer than my other grandparents, who was the queen of all things crafty (she quilted, sewed, knitted, crocheted, painted, was an excellent chef, baker, made preserves and chutneys...) and she also kept bees!  Her bees made the most delicious honey I've ever tasted, and I'm sure it was because of the amazing flowers and fruit trees she had in her beautiful garden.

I didn't want any black outlines or shading, so the plants will be solid colour.  The bees, on the other hand, will be shaded and more realistic so they'll stand out more.

oooh, goosebumps!

sorry for the huge pics, I'm not on my normal computer and don't know how to use anything that isn't photoshop...

oh, and the most painful parts were the green leaves on my shoulder and the yellow leaves under the main bee in the second photo...everything else just kind of felt like scratches on my skin, not that painful at all.  And I hardly bled at all (my hubby's a bleeder...) and only got a little swollen on the inside of my arm.  huzzah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can tell you, Fall is composed of

1 part dead fish smell
1 part wet leaves
1 part arctic chilled air (not winter chilled variety)
2 parts crunchy walking
a pinch very cold rain
some apples you picked yourself
a few very still moments
a good deal of inner reflection
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: December 06, 2007 05:17:58 PM »

Awwesome!  I love both of your tattoos!  The blue foliage is just incredible.

How long was this sitting?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
bubba*tink

there's nuffin loik a warm cable-knit necklace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4808 on: December 06, 2007 05:33:23 PM »

yey, thanks sweets!  The blue leaves are my fave too...

It only took about 1.5 hours.  And we only took one break but that was because Steve needed to stretch out his legs and back (he hurt his back three days before, poor guy).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can tell you, Fall is composed of

1 part dead fish smell
1 part wet leaves
1 part arctic chilled air (not winter chilled variety)
2 parts crunchy walking
a pinch very cold rain
some apples you picked yourself
a few very still moments
a good deal of inner reflection
Sewsew-a-Gogo
Faster, Pussycat! Sew! Sew!

I'll show ye.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4809 on: December 06, 2007 05:55:00 PM »

That sleeve is gorgeous!!  Can't wait to see it finished!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently taking a hiatus from swapping.  Sad

I've always wondered what disease cured ham had.

Wist Bandwagon
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 479 480 [481] 482 483 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Owl Painting - Watercolor Wildlife Art in Miniature
How to Draw Star Wars-Clone Wars: Count Dooku
Wayne Gonzales at Paula Cooper Gallery
How to paint with your hands
How to Draw an Easy Spider
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...