A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,166
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 953776 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rachelyra
Medium Reality

making stuff, taking names.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3680 on: November 03, 2006 06:19:12 PM »

buddhasbaby, i'd lov eto see more pics!  i've never seen a grafitti lettering tattoo, sounds rad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sanditerese
« Reply #3681 on: November 03, 2006 08:47:35 PM »

I ran my first marathon last year and I was so proud of myself I had to get a tattoo. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SandiTerese

www.wists.com/sanditerese
www.sanditerese.etsy.com
I have a blog now!  www.yarner.blogspot.com

I love personal swaps!
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: November 03, 2006 08:59:28 PM »

Cute, sanditerese!  Wasn't it the best feeling to cross the finish line?  Awesome accomplishment & matching tattoo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
miffy
« Reply #3683 on: November 04, 2006 12:06:18 AM »

I must say... all my life I've wanted a tattoo (at least, as long as I can remember). This thread really inspired me and got me thinking about what I really wanted. I thought about what I wanted starting when I was about sixteen.
Then... for my eighteenth birthday, I decided to get it done. Only problem was I didn't know which of my ideas I wanted to get first (I had sooo many). My friend (her birthday was two days after mine) asked me if I would go with her to get hers done on her birthday. I figured I'd go with her to get mine done too, that way we'd be there to hold each other's hand and whatnot. So we went in the day before to make our appointments and while standing there, I realized: "I want an iris." I had never thought about getting an iris before. It was completely on a whim, but it was the only thing that gave me the feeling that it was meant to be my first tattoo. I had no idea what I wanted it to look like, I just knew what I wanted. The guy showed me some pictures and I didn't see a single one I liked.
That night... I spent a good few hours on every tattoo site I could find to find iris tattoos. I found just one that I wanted, but the picture was so small it was barely visible. I brought the picture in the next day anyway. He drew it up in about half an hour while my friend got inked and then I sat down and got mine done.
Here it is, in all its fresh-ink glory (gauze thread and all):

I'm absolutely in love with it. I got it on by back in memory of my grandmother. She pretty much raised me (at least, she was the only one around from the time I woke up in the morning until about seven o'clock at night every day). She passed away about three years ago. She's been my hero all my life, even more so now. She's the one that taught me how to sew and all other kinds of fun crafty things! I mean... you've gotta remember someone that teaches you that kinda stuff! Anyway. Enough babbling. It's an iris because 1) it was my grandmother's favorite flower, 2) it's the state flower of Tennessee, her home state, 3) she taught me how to spell by making me recite flower names and how to spell them. every. day. And... it's pink/white because she really loved pastel colors (the pink's a little bright here... it's much more subtle now that the tat is 3 months old).

Before I finish this book of a post: What I did was NOT a good idea. I'm absolutely in love with my tattoo. I'm positive I will never not love it. However, if you haven't thought about what you want to get for at least a very long time or if you've changed your mind multiple times or have been indecisive at all, you probably shouldn't get a tattoo. At least not yet. Wait until you find something that you know you're in love with. It's a lot like being in love. Wait until you know it before you commit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
semicharm86

You met me at a really strange time in my life.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3684 on: November 05, 2006 12:28:06 AM »

beautiful iris, and awesome advice on waiting until you are in love with a tattoo before doing the deed! (something i did not do for my first tattoo, and i'm not so thrilled with it now. i had some additions put on a year later, and love it because of what i added, but i'm not crazy about what i started with. tattoo with caution!!)
BEAUTIFUL iris, though. very lovely. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rachelyra
Medium Reality

making stuff, taking names.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3685 on: November 05, 2006 11:33:48 AM »

There is always a bit of a leap from page to ink, though - i've got a lot of tattoos that i'm thrilled with but (like proposing to my husband)  there was never a light-shining-down-from-on-high moment where I capital K Knew that it was the right thing.  It seemed like the right thing and seemed like it and eventually there is always a leap of faith...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

catatonicecstasy
« Reply #3686 on: November 12, 2006 05:51:43 PM »

A close friend of mine passed away about a year and a half ago, this was his signature...I just got it three weeks ago today...
Sorryabout size of the picture

THIS ROCKS   Logged
justagirl
« Reply #3687 on: November 12, 2006 07:13:35 PM »

First of all, I'd just like to say: GORGEOUS ! I mean it, evey single one of your tattoos blew my mind (apparently since I just looked through every single page of this thread in one sitting!)

I've wanted a tattoo for as long as I can remember, and it was during a solo hike in the Costa Rican rainforest when I was 14 that I realized there was one picture I want on my body forever : in the center of my back. I'm hoping to get inked on my eigtheenth in April.

Now some questions:
1. That picture is in black and white, but I like the color version better. However, I've heard color tattoos can fade quickly and if the option of black and white exists, it is better to go with balck and white. Is this true?
2. How badly does the spine hurt, really?
3. Any recommendations for artists in the Boston area?
4. I'm young, and I know that I might want to have kids someday. Would a tattoo in the middle of my back stretch?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I don't know anybody with a tattoo to ask, plus I know Craftser ROCKS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3688 on: November 12, 2006 07:59:56 PM »

Here's my take on your questions;

Yes, colors do fade. However, on your back it may get less exposure and fade slower. Also, colors like red and orange fade faster then blues and greens. However, even black is going to need touching up. Keep in mind skin in a living thing, and that affects color stability.

I've heard that tattoos directly over bone hurt a bit worse. I have stars on my foot, and none of them hurt except for the one that is directly on a bone.

Hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordpress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
juniperl13
The one with the stripes

you look like lunch to me! ^_^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3689 on: November 12, 2006 11:56:14 PM »

Both of my tattoos are over my spine and I found them to be relaxing for the most part. The only really painful bits were closer to my sides and not in any predictable arrangement.

Er.

Bring something to read and it'll be over with before you even notice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

Also, I have a blog at  http://neglectedblog.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Artist Uses Smoke to Create Stunning Paintings
Art Worth $30 Million Found in Garage
Free Agents Set It Off in Miami
Piero Della Francesca: Incorporating the Home Into Art
Famous Street Artist Saber Tells People To Buy Some Paint, Get Involved
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...