A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,698
Currently Running With Scissors:
494 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 938344 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

L

skinned up knees and salty lips

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3640 on: October 25, 2006 06:12:08 AM »

mamamoonie,
i like how its neverending....i like that alot
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog. read often. comment more.
<A HREF="http://www.apessimistsview.blogspot.com">

you taste so sweet but i cant eat the same thing everyday...
Malina

Probably up to no good!

View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: October 25, 2006 06:50:50 AM »

I'm getting an Audrey Hepburn tattoo next I think.  Then I think I'm going to get my background on my myspace, just don't know where. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarahpanda
« Reply #3642 on: October 25, 2006 07:40:33 AM »

That is stunning. Congrats on your ink!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stitchypanda.etsy.c om
gmail chat: sarahpanda
missbentley
« Reply #3643 on: October 25, 2006 08:44:15 AM »

Cheesy amifer thanks Cheesy my tattoo is two butterflies each the size of about 2 toonies, they will be on my back at each side of my spine between my shoulder blades, i have absolutely no pain tolerance so i am pretty worried but this tattoo is very important to me so..... if i can go through child birth twice then i can get this tattoo!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Imagination is more important than knowledge
Amifer
« Reply #3644 on: October 25, 2006 02:06:38 PM »

No problem, missbentley! I learned so much from reading through this thread, so I'm happy to help out when I can too... isn't it great when people have a place to share their experiences and answer eachother's questions?!

The tattoo sounds lovely! Do the butterflies represent your two children? If it really means that much to you, you'll find the power to get through it, low pain tolerance or not! Good luck  Cheesy

mamamoonie: Where is your newest tattoo and how big is it? I really love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
failurebydesign
« Reply #3645 on: October 25, 2006 09:41:36 PM »

It's Stigmata, in Guelph. I don't live there, but I do work nearby. So if you're close, but not from the city, I could give you directions... just not great ones!

Ahhh totally familiar with Stigmata (I am a recent grad from UofG!), I've only been there when friends were getting pierced, so only familiar with the piercers! (who were really great too!) Thanks for letting me know and offering directions!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sapphire_distortion
« Reply #3646 on: October 26, 2006 03:08:53 PM »

AHHHHH, I'm so annoyed, I was supposed to get my Isis tattoo colored today and the artist was sick. Sad so now I have to get it done Saturday...which sucks because I was planning on going to a costume party Saturday night, and I'm sure my costume won't be comfortable with my tattoo only being a few hours old. so I might just not go. blah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
dmoney79
« Reply #3647 on: October 27, 2006 12:47:23 PM »

ok so i just spent alllllllllllllllll day looking to every page in this thread (well, i may have skipped a few here and there  Wink )

and wow...everyones ink is amazing...sometimes i wish i had gotten more elaborate colorful detailed tattoos....but i love my simple little ones...

this was my first one, i got in march '03...i went with my best friend and my boyfriend at the time...he was getting a portrait of his uncle at the same time...and refused to wait til i started mine! luckily my best friend was there....
i had wanted a tattoo forever and couldn't decide what or where to get...i was going to get a frog or toad, due to the fact my fave band is toad the wet sprocket, but, i didn't want to get soo specific, so on the way home from one of their reunion shows, i decided i'd just get a music note...so i went to look and found this flash, it was a bar of music with a rose and a skull, but i didn't want the skull....so i got it on the inside of my left ankle...my dad wasn't too pleased, thinking it would keep me from getting a job, but, i wear a lot of pants...and looking straight at me, you can't really see it...
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a221/onelitlgrl/Picture008.jpg

then last july, the 15th to be exact (the day harry potter and the half blood prince came out) i went for my 2nd....i had been looking online for some tribal-esque design, or another music note, or a capricorn symbol...i couldn't decide, but i wanted it on the back of my neck...i googled "tribal music" and got this really cool looking design, and i took it to the tattoo place (not the same one i went to for my first) and after some deliberation, the tattoo artist came up with something...awesome! i ended up getting it right below that bone at the base of my neck...i love it...not sure what the design around the music note is, some people say it looks like a tulip, one person said it looked like a unicorn (?) i think it looks like a lyre...the note in the middle is green...i had my mom take it a couple of days after, cuz i haven't really seen it on account is on my back...but my digital camera at the time was a piece of crap...
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a221/onelitlgrl/550c268e.jpg

sometimes i forget i have them, and i go to get changed or shave or whatever and go "oh, hey i have a tatoo! wait! i think i have 2!!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-=danielle=-

~one day i stopped wanting anything at all, the heavens opened up like a waterfall~ *glen phillips*

~ahh music, a magic beyond all we do here~ *albus dumbledore*

http://www.myspace.com/onelitlgrl
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/knittingchick
http://deedlesneedles.blogspot.com
jesseeyore
« Reply #3648 on: October 27, 2006 01:37:52 PM »

sometimes i forget i have them, and i go to get changed or shave or whatever and go "oh, hey i have a tatoo! wait! i think i have 2!!"

Those both look awesome! I totally agree- Most of mine are on my back and if I don't look in the mirror, I don't see them. So I'll forget sometimes too. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feedback makes me happy

http://www.wists.com/jesseeyore
sapphire_distortion
« Reply #3649 on: October 28, 2006 06:21:55 PM »

I got mine done today! yeaaah! Cheesy I'm so happy with it. I have pictures from now, and I'll probably post some once it heals since it'll look different - I couldn't quite get off all the blood (not to be gross...) with a damp paper towel, so some of the colors(gold in particular) are a little muddy, and the areas inside the glyphs and Isis that are a reddish brown color will be a grey when it heals. I'm soooo sore but it was SO worth it!

Front:

"real" front (it's on my hip, making front kind of relative...this is the head on view):

back:

aaaand in case anyone cares I set up a flickr album here that has some in-progress pictures. 

edited so that the back picture is the same size as the rest...sorry about that! oh and it's not crooked, but it's really hard to take pictures of your own hip haha.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006 07:44:57 AM by sapphire_distortion » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Rum Cake Recipe
How to Make Crispy Easter Nests
Bulldog Pupcake Recipe
Maltese Pupcake Recipe
Pug Pupcake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...