A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,850
Currently Running With Scissors:
584 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 928674 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kidkoala
« Reply #3620 on: October 22, 2006 05:15:09 PM »

sewandsew, I love that! It's simply beautiful. I know just what you mean about it looking like an illustration. It kind of looks like one you would see in a nature biology book or something. Very cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying."
                      -Woody Allen
fantacuous
goddamn right it's a beautiful day

easily distracted by shiny objects

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3621 on: October 22, 2006 07:32:55 PM »

sewandsew - wow.  that is IN-CRED-ible
THIS ROCKS   Logged

there are no mistakes in pottery....only planters.

much of what i make is available on etsy at: http://madebymarmalade.etsy.com/

Help create a Glass board for Craftster!! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=102159.0
ArmyOfMe

It should be raining

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3622 on: October 22, 2006 09:00:30 PM »

Sewandsew - do you ever let people colour in your tat with markers?  I would have endless fun with that at parties.

hehe thats a good idea!! Now I wanna get a b&w tat just for that purpose! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jinn
walking widdershins...

I'm ready for my detention Professor Snape.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3623 on: October 22, 2006 10:58:20 PM »

now a few years later im still thinking about it how bad pain wise is the inside of your elbow for a tattoo? i think this is a good place for what i have in mind. from what ive heard on the net it is realy sensitive but i cant find many experiences stories about this area so i was wondering could anybody help out?

I'm working on a whole sleeve, and last session the inside of my elbow did get filled in.  And I can say, it does hurt.  Of course everyone's pain tolerance is different, but I can say that having the outside, on the bone of my elbow has been my worst pain on my entire arm.

So yeah, the inside did hurt a bit more than some other spots, but I think the hardest part was during the healing.  Since that skin gets folded on itself all the time, it was pretty irritated.  It did scab a bit more than usual, and I have a little bit of scaring right in a crease, but I would do it again.  If you have something worked out for a perfect spot, I would say go for it.  At the worst, you'll be miserable for a week or so, but then you've earned it, and anyone else who has one in the same place knows exactly what you went through for your art.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There is no life I know, to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be...
rachelyra
Medium Reality

making stuff, taking names.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3624 on: October 22, 2006 11:41:25 PM »

be careful getting colored in with markers and then sleeping on borrowed sheets.  a word to the wise.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

intergalacticj

jam jam jam jam jam...

View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: October 23, 2006 02:28:23 PM »

now a few years later im still thinking about it how bad pain wise is the inside of your elbow for a tattoo? i think this is a good place for what i have in mind. from what ive heard on the net it is realy sensitive but i cant find many experiences stories about this area so i was wondering could anybody help out?

I'm working on a whole sleeve, and last session the inside of my elbow did get filled in.  And I can say, it does hurt.  Of course everyone's pain tolerance is different, but I can say that having the outside, on the bone of my elbow has been my worst pain on my entire arm.

So yeah, the inside did hurt a bit more than some other spots, but I think the hardest part was during the healing.  Since that skin gets folded on itself all the time, it was pretty irritated.  It did scab a bit more than usual, and I have a little bit of scaring right in a crease, but I would do it again.  If you have something worked out for a perfect spot, I would say go for it.  At the worst, you'll be miserable for a week or so, but then you've earned it, and anyone else who has one in the same place knows exactly what you went through for your art.  Grin

thanks, yeah i was worrying about how it would heal because of the position. what i am wanting is the origin of love symbol, yep, from hedwig, my favourite move, i just love it and what it means , its from a story from platos symposium, a love that cannot be put into words, two halves trying to become a whole. im wanting this symbol inside a compass for various reasons .. i love the look of them and for my grandad who was in the navy and past away a couple of years ago. im still sketching and looking for inspiration, mainly for the perfect compass. i want it on the inside of my elbow or maybe just above it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

helpmetonailyoudown
dicker junge kleiner

zombie powder

View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: October 23, 2006 06:10:16 PM »

i love the origin of love symbol too that will be awsome and with a compass it gives it an added meaning i cant wait to see it:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fergusson88
« Reply #3627 on: October 23, 2006 09:20:43 PM »

Hey this is my first tat.  I got it in July of this year and I absolutly LOVE it Grin.  It is on my right ribs.  It hurt sooooooooooo much though Cry. I would not suggest this place and size for anyone for their first tattoo.  Sorry for the shine.  I want to get an array of stars on the other side of my ribs next and then a heart shaped lock I drew up.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006 06:03:12 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged
white trash hero
« Reply #3628 on: October 24, 2006 02:21:56 AM »

tahts sooooo nice!!! def worth the pain bythe look of it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
archer*of*loaf
Lip them

Audiowhore, sucking on sound

View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: October 24, 2006 05:12:23 AM »

thanks, yeah i was worrying about how it would heal because of the position. what i am wanting is the origin of love symbol, yep, from hedwig, my favourite move, i just love it and what it means , its from a story from platos symposium, a love that cannot be put into words, two halves trying to become a whole. im wanting this symbol inside a compass for various reasons .. i love the look of them and for my grandad who was in the navy and past away a couple of years ago. im still sketching and looking for inspiration, mainly for the perfect compass. i want it on the inside of my elbow or maybe just above it.

I just got the origin of love symbol on my forearm earlier this year!  I love it too!  It's funny how many people stop to ask me what it means and then give me a funny look when I tell them it's from a movie.  But then again there are the few Hedwig fans out there who recognize it and admire the tattoo.  Post pictures if you get it done!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And hoping for an early death you swam so far you lost your breath, and struggling in the ebb and flow I took your hand, but you let go...
And now the ocean fills your lungs, and now you've got what you had come for, resting peaceful as you sink to drown under a sea of strangers.

-E. Bachmann
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Future of Architectural Design
Simon De Pury Talks About Design
Paola Antonelli Talks About What Makes a Design Good
Art Deco Design
Designing a chair, first sketch
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...