A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,681
Currently Running With Scissors:
439 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 938175 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

juniperl13
The one with the stripes

you look like lunch to me! ^_^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1880 on: January 18, 2006 02:22:53 AM »

They're white ink. It shows up best under Very pale skin and has the tendency to turn out sort of yellowish due to being seen through melanin. It is also very difficult to get solid areas of it. Small highlights/thin lines are ideal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My website is coming together nicely! Please send me feedback, as I don't know how well it works on systems other than mine.

Also, I have a blog at  http://neglectedblog.blogspot.com/
poppysmum

Mei has arrived! Pic ASAP...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1881 on: January 18, 2006 02:38:06 AM »

A fabulous friend of mine has a teeny tiny traditional Japanese dragonfly on her belly done in white ink. It's so beautiful that I'm jelous that it's not mine...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ronise

Made in Brazil.

View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: January 18, 2006 03:42:44 AM »

QUESTION:

I'm not tattooed and they have never been my thing - although I enjoy the art of other folk.  That was until I saw these amazing "watermark" style tattoos.  Someone please educate me and tell me how they're done.  They are so subtle and I've never before seen anything like it.  What sort of technique is this?  Can any tattoo artist achieve this look?  Are there limitations or scarring issues (I have a skin issue that might make scarring a problem, hence the fact that I've never been tattooed).

Awaiting Craftster wisdom...

I heard white ink fades with time. I dont know really, but some tattoo artist told so. He said you should use it for shades/highlights/fill small spaces or something like that, but if you have a whole tattoo in white ink, Im not sure that works. But I dont know anyone with a white ink tattoo, so I cant tell for sure.

As for the scar issues, well, that I can tell you a little about. Ive had issues with scars in the past, I have very sensible skin and Ive had keloid before, so I was afraid it could happen when I got a tattoo. But after I spoke to many people and some tattoo artists, I figured it wouldnt happen. I have tattoos in 2 different places and one of them is really close to where I had the keloid, and I didnt have any problems with the tattoos. It was said to me that the tattoos are in a superficial layer of your skin, and thats why it wont give you keloids. But it might happen if the tattoo artist is not too "delicate".

**Sorry again that my English is a bit messed up. I hope I made myself clear.***
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mojo
« Reply #1883 on: January 18, 2006 05:40:09 AM »

I've heard many artists will not guarantee the longevity of white ink tattoos.  Apparently, they can fade or yellow depending on the person.  This also depends on the quality of white ink used.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lexer
If we're all thinking outside the box, doesn't that just put us in a bigger box?

I <3 the smell of a glue gun early in the morning

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1884 on: January 18, 2006 06:56:51 AM »

I tried to get a white tattoo of a lotus on my wrist and the artist wouldn't do it. I heard the same "white ink is for highligts" thing and was told that it would probably turn yellow or brown, if it showed up at all. He also told me that white ink looks worse on paler skin.  I still want one though.

There's also something called "etching" - basically it's a tattoo done without the ink. and instead of trying to make it heal, you try to make it scar. Photos can be found here - http://www.ringsofdesire.com/etching_images2.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1885 on: January 18, 2006 08:21:55 AM »

A friend of mine has a white ink octopus. It looks really cool. However, like everyone else has said, your mileage with white ink will widely vary.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1886 on: January 18, 2006 08:33:10 AM »

One of my flowers is white.  It is ok but not as bright as I would like it to be.  The tattoo artist said that it would be kind of wacky and would not be very bright.  She did suggest that maybe it could be brightened up later.  I might try that.  Anyone have experience there?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ragadyanne400

Am I a llama?!?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1887 on: January 18, 2006 10:08:03 AM »

I've been thinking about getting white tattoos on my wrists, and since it's being brought up here I'm going to link to the information I've found:

http://www.sharptattoos.com/faq.html#white
http://www.faqs.org/qa/qa-10633.html

I'm not worried about fading, because you can always get touchups and I'm just about as pale as they get so hopefully I kind find an artist willing to do a white tattoo for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1888 on: January 18, 2006 11:31:03 AM »

here is my white flower, it looks pretty good I guess, I just invisioned a really bright white.  Oh, the other color is really red, but looks kind of purple here.

Anyway,...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craft_t_chic
« Reply #1889 on: January 18, 2006 11:57:38 AM »

My fairy is sitting on a white daisy. It's nowhere near as bright when I first got it, but it's still pretty white.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your promo stickers...your fave local band, your etsy shop, your zine, a sticker you picked off a bar wall, or even bumper stickers! I'm covering a table & need stickers! PM me!

http://www.wists.com/craft_t_chic

Free gift with every purchase!
www.crafttchic.etsy .com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ambient Art - Renoir
Ambient Art - Pissaro
Ambient Art - Morisot
Ambient Art - Monet
Ambient Art - Manet
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...