A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
663 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 935299 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

EmilyFlew
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

..sweets4ever is so rad..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1240 on: September 06, 2005 05:31:35 PM »

The tattoo I just got, over my spine on my back--the part over the spine hurt like hell, and the part over just regular back muscle wasn't bad at all. So I think bone hurts (which is what people say) and non bone doesn't hurt as much, regardless of wether it's muscle or fat (cause I don't think my back is very fatty. Smiley )

It also really does depend on the artist--you should find a shop where you're comfortable enough that you can ask for a less heavy-handed artist and where you feel OK asking your artist for breaks whenever you want. Mine (I heart Dave!) asked me every 5 minutes if I wanted a break, and even though I didn't take them, it made me feel better that he was checking.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

technocutie, handmade iPod cases and felt accoutrements
thoughts and days.

I <3 the mod squad ladies!
shylitlegoddess
Jill of most trades

Why is there bacon in the soap??

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1241 on: September 06, 2005 05:49:00 PM »

Ok, I hope I've posted these correctly... All my tats are orriginal to the artist to inked me.

This was my very first. Blue flames for wings. Loved the image.

This was my second. Kinda funky because a guy did it with his gun at home (It was steril I swear!!!)

My most recent. The kanji (hopefully) stand for "Beauty" and "Body". it's my "self esteem" peice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rachelyra
Medium Reality

making stuff, taking names.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1242 on: September 06, 2005 06:52:42 PM »

I've got a decent amount of work done over my spine, and while it hurt more than the muscle on either side of it, it didn't hurt a ton.  The part of my arm piece that wraps around to that tender, tender skin on the inside, though - ho-lee shit.  It didn't hurt because it was over bone, it just hurt because that skin, and the muscle/fat under it, are far more tender than any more exposed part of my body.  i would expect, for me, the inner thigh to hurt the same way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fruithead
« Reply #1243 on: September 06, 2005 07:35:58 PM »

i've heard that tattooing the inside of the arm is killer, but that's no suprise, it's such tender skin. i guess skin that's toughened up isn't as bad. my tattoo is on my lower back, in the middle, and while over the spine was worse, it was all bad. i think i might just be a big wuss. i just got my nose pierced and it was no biggy but that tattoo pain is still fresh in my mind 3 years later. has anyone heard of tattoo artists using some spray that numbs the skin a bit? i've always wondered about that.

emilyflew - i do need to find a tattoo artist i'm more comfortable with. this guy never offered breaks until i was about to pass out. plus he was very serious and kinda scared me with this dead baby doll art he had around the shop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SassetteOPants

Equal parts sugar and salt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1244 on: September 06, 2005 09:00:08 PM »

sassetteopants, you're right, they hurt no matter what, but you hear so many stories that fleshy/fatty areas hurt less than bony areas and since i've only had one tattoo, i've always wondered how right that was. is a fattier area easier? what about a muscular one?

plus, my tattoo was an exceptionally painful experience. 2 whole hours and no relief. i almost passed out halfway through, which i've heard isn't so uncommon, but nonetheless very unpleasant. now that i'm itching for another tattoo, i'm very curious as to how different places compare painwise. unless, my tattoo guy was just really heavy-handed.

i know i sound a little naive but i'm just curious as to other peoples experiences.

You don't sound naive...I hope I didn't sound mean!  I've asked the same question you did, and none of my experiences have *ever* matched those of the people I've talked to.  That's why I just say, hey, go on and do it Smiley

I'm tattooed on the fleshy part of both hips (there are pictures of most of my ink in this thread), my inner lip, my back, and my ankle.  Of all of them, the parts that hurt the most were the leaves near my underarm, the cherry blossom near my spine, and the glitter trail coming off the back of my glue gun (craft dork!).  The rest of them...well, they hurt, but I don't really remember how much, so I guess it wasn't that bad Smiley  My first tattoo, which I've covered with the current floral design on my right hip, was done by an artist whom I now know has a reputation for being very heavy handed.  And, I was a complete ninny (no, really, a tearful, whiny NINNY--I'm embarrassed that I was such a wuss) through the whole thing, wouldn't relax or try to breathe through it, or try to reinterpret the pain into something fun, enjoyable, or tolerable.  I think it has a lot to do with your frame of mind, and the touch of your artist. 

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...so believe when I say Im no better than you, except when I craft so I guess it aint true.

Insinuendos.etsy.co m
skye691
Fredrick VonHugleburg

I haven't died yet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1245 on: September 06, 2005 09:18:53 PM »

just out of curiosity.. do they charge you for the time you're passed out? sorry if that sounds really weird..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The earth, stained with the blood of a thousand dying soldiers, weeps as she welcomes them home.

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/3wl9/1
Lola Caracola
« Reply #1246 on: September 06, 2005 11:10:01 PM »

Here's mine in colours. The pic was taken in the shop, right after finishing.
Now my back burns like hell.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lola Caracola
« Reply #1247 on: September 06, 2005 11:11:55 PM »

I think the dragon is still so visble. Will anybody mistake him for a plant?
Well maybe its because I KNOW its a dragon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Loobylashes

Tis me , yooo hooo

View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: September 07, 2005 01:39:08 AM »

Without knowing you had a dragon underneath , to me it looks like water , its really nice  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1249 on: September 07, 2005 02:33:45 AM »

Without knowing you had a dragon underneath , to me it looks like water , its really nice  Smiley

yeah it looks like water or even a plant swaying..it doents look like a dragon...it looks great
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Traditional Buttermilk Beignets
Caramel Filled Chocolate Easter Cupcake Recipe
Passover Macaroons Recipe
Creme Egg Brownie Recipe
Anzac Biscuit Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...