A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,205
Currently Running With Scissors:
399 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 528
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Photos of Your Tattoos! (Closed! See new thread!)  (Read 1009460 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craft_t_chic
« Reply #1230 on: September 05, 2005 11:30:38 PM »

I've decided I want to get a tattoo of my cat's eyes...I have no idea where though! I have a fairy on my shoulder...I'm gonna see if I have pics of it to show off! I can't believe I haven't wandered onto this thread before now! I guess this is what working nights will do to ya'!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your promo stickers...your fave local band, your etsy shop, your zine, a sticker you picked off a bar wall, or even bumper stickers! I'm covering a table & need stickers! PM me!

http://www.wists.com/craft_t_chic

Free gift with every purchase!
www.crafttchic.etsy.com
craft_t_chic
« Reply #1231 on: September 05, 2005 11:34:04 PM »

YAY! I found a pic! This isn't a great shot of it, and it was taken right after it was done....it's still kinda bloody. I've had it about six years now, I think. The colors are still pretty close to the pic though!

http://groups.msn.com/JaggedGreenEyeshaow/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your promo stickers...your fave local band, your etsy shop, your zine, a sticker you picked off a bar wall, or even bumper stickers! I'm covering a table & need stickers! PM me!

http://www.wists.com/craft_t_chic

Free gift with every purchase!
www.crafttchic.etsy.com
starpiste
« Reply #1232 on: September 05, 2005 11:54:22 PM »

this might be a dumb question, but what are some good places to get tats? something that can be covered up but won't stretch and also that i'm willing to show to people.

Depending on how you dress your calf is pretty hide-able but alsoo visible
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mayerlove
« Reply #1233 on: September 06, 2005 07:35:53 AM »

i don't think your ribs will stretch. anyone who's been pregnant know?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
skyra

a fork is a fork of course

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1234 on: September 06, 2005 08:36:21 AM »

Many women get pregnant from the bottom of their boobs out.  There are some fortunate women who get itty bitty bellies that don't really stretch much out, but I think that is relatively rare.  When chosing areas I would get tattooed, I had to consider where I gain weight.  It is a pretty individual thing, but I think you are relatively safe getting tats on your back (although avoid the sides), shoulder, calves, hands, feet, ankle and lower arm.  In my case, I tend to gain weight in my upper arms, and that is the only reason I haven't had a half sleeve done...I am scared of what will happen to it if I can't manage to keep my weight off

Of course, all of this said, you need to gain or lose a significant amount of weight in order to screw up a tattoo, and the BIGGEST factor is stretch marks.  Are you prone to them?  When you get them, do they eventually disappear?  Or are you as unfortunate as I, and you get them incredibly easily and then do something as ugly as a keloid??  Oh yes, that is another factor...do you keloid scar??  Ahhhh...so many things to think about  Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting to save the world...one magnet at a time!!
http://www.torridcraftaffair.etsy.com
Morning Star
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

feel my chest when i look at you, baby you, you got my only heart.

suppose i said, you're my saving grace?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1235 on: September 06, 2005 10:24:51 AM »

thanks guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-mayor west?
-how do you know my language?

i made an info blog for my swap partners.
http://mon-seul.livejournal.com/

i now have a wist list!

www.wists.com/morningstar
skye691
Fredrick VonHugleburg

I haven't died yet.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1236 on: September 06, 2005 12:45:58 PM »

on ribs stretching during pregnancy-- possible but highly unlikely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The earth, stained with the blood of a thousand dying soldiers, weeps as she welcomes them home.

http://www.tickercentral.com/view/3wl9/1
fruithead
« Reply #1237 on: September 06, 2005 01:09:33 PM »

i've always kinda thought about a tattoo on my thigh because it'd be easy to hide and seems like something different, or so i think, but i've always wondered if it'd hurt a ton. it's more fat than bone but a lot of muscle too. anyone know?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SassetteOPants

Equal parts sugar and salt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1238 on: September 06, 2005 02:35:52 PM »

i've always kinda thought about a tattoo on my thigh because it'd be easy to hide and seems like something different, or so i think, but i've always wondered if it'd hurt a ton. it's more fat than bone but a lot of muscle too. anyone know?

I'm not trying to be a pill or anything, but...tattoos hurt.  They just do, it's part of the process, but everyone's pain tolerance and perception is different.  My best friend just had a piece inked on her ribcage, and it wasn't half as bad as she thought it was going to be; another good friend who is tattooed over more than half of his body said that his ribcage was the only place that, halfway through, he started wondering, "Is this worth it?"  (it was, and he was able to finish.)  I read back a bit and I see that you've already been tattooed (or did I misunderstand?); if you can go through it once, you can do it again!  Smiley  Go for it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...so believe when I say Im no better than you, except when I craft so I guess it aint true.

Insinuendos.etsy.com
fruithead
« Reply #1239 on: September 06, 2005 04:58:08 PM »

sassetteopants, you're right, they hurt no matter what, but you hear so many stories that fleshy/fatty areas hurt less than bony areas and since i've only had one tattoo, i've always wondered how right that was. is a fattier area easier? what about a muscular one?

plus, my tattoo was an exceptionally painful experience. 2 whole hours and no relief. i almost passed out halfway through, which i've heard isn't so uncommon, but nonetheless very unpleasant. now that i'm itching for another tattoo, i'm very curious as to how different places compare painwise. unless, my tattoo guy was just really heavy-handed.

i know i sound a little naive but i'm just curious as to other peoples experiences.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 528 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Beach Curl Waves
How to Create a Unique Braid and Messy Bun
Britney Spears Inspired Hair and Make Up Tutorial
Carrie Underwood Inspired Hair and Makeup Tutorial
How to Create a Hair Side Braid with Ribbon
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...