A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
562 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Decoupaged Dresser!!!!!!!!  (Read 2498 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

diy4life

"Great northern beans!"

View Profile WWW
« on: September 16, 2006 06:22:47 PM »

OK, so maybe it's not quite COMPLETE, but I was too excited!
I started this like 3 years ago! (I know, shame on me) but It's so pretty It makes my bedroom happy to be in its presence! Cheesy

I love it! I've just saved all of these old magazines...
I've even put all of my ages while I've been doing it on there, so if you look, you'll see a 10, 11, 12, and 13!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"i've been dying to tell you anything you want to hear, cuz thats just who i am this week..."
Mosquito
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006 06:24:15 PM »

That's great!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xx_skalicous_xx
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006 07:24:14 PM »

OMG! thats awesome!! ive actually wanted to do that for awhile now. what did u seel it with?? i collage pretty much anything i can find. im a collage freak and this dresser is my freakish idol. i love it.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[[insert something spiffy to say HERE]]
diy4life

"Great northern beans!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2006 12:51:44 PM »

Thanks!!! I've just been sealing it with Mod Podge Glue cuz the bottle says it can be used as a sealer, but I wouldn't recommend it since it like, gets stuck to stuff that you set on the surface and it really kind of ruins the affect if there's little ripped up spots on it. I'm sure theres something made for it, but I'm just too lazy to go out and look 4 it! Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"i've been dying to tell you anything you want to hear, cuz thats just who i am this week..."
xx_skalicous_xx
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006 01:45:51 PM »

i use mod podge 2 but it does the same thing  Undecided which sadens me. i might try spray on adhesive? like they use to glue puzzles 2gether. just make sure u get an even coat. ive get to find the perfect collaging sealer yet though. good luck finishing =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[[insert something spiffy to say HERE]]
arystocrat
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006 04:04:53 PM »

This looks awesome!

You mentioned you were having troble sealing it... I know when I've done my larger decoupaged projects I use mod-podge to stick the images down and then I seal it with a few coats of polyurethaine. It works really well, especially if you take the time to sand between coats.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
diy4life

"Great northern beans!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006 04:29:48 PM »

This looks awesome!

You mentioned you were having troble sealing it... I know when I've done my larger decoupaged projects I use mod-podge to stick the images down and then I seal it with a few coats of polyurethaine. It works really well, especially if you take the time to sand between coats.

coolness! Grin thanx! Where do you buy polyurethaine?Huh? Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arystocrat
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006 05:11:32 PM »

This looks awesome!

you should be able to find a small can of it at the hardware store. It's usually by the paints and wood stains.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HippiePunk

Oooh...shiny pretty objects!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006 10:46:37 AM »

This looks awesome!

you should be able to find a small can of it at the hardware store. It's usually by the paints and wood stains.
Awesome dresser, I take it that it's going to remain an ongoing project for a while? It's a pretty sweet idea...it justifies my glossy music/fashion magazine addiction...And thank you amiga for the polyurethaine sugestion!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We live in a rainbow of chaos
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Coleman Barks Reads Rumi
Writing Nature in the Age of Science
A Glimpse of Hollywood Past and Present with Harriet Evans
The Gift In Failure
Author Sarah Lewis LIVE
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...