A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,371
Currently Running With Scissors:
523 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tutorial: Skipping bag  (Read 163195 times)
Tags for this thread: jordy_bag , tutorial , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jaami
was born with roses in her eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2005 04:33:41 PM »

glad i could help. i hope it works out! once i fiddled around with it when i made the first one (which was actually the zoo bag) it was super easy. i had to seam rip it once cause i put two totally wrong pieces together ha. but it's easy! i promise Smiley post some pictures if you can when you're done.

and thanks for the zoo bag compliment Smiley someone liked it so much they ordered one from me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been away from the site going through lots of medical testing. If I have not wrote you or mailed something, please understand that my concerns right now are my health and I will send things asap!

Please DO NOT COPY the toys, drawings or stickers I make. They're copyrighted!
snowflake
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2005 06:36:54 PM »

this is so cool, i must try it out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sk8agrrl
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2005 01:53:35 PM »

ok Im a bit dim when it comes to following patterns. I'm totally new to this sewing lark and get confused easily Huh

I tried this bag and it all seemed reasonably easy until i tried to attach the bottom. In the tutorial, its shown that the base is sewn straight across the width of the bag but when i tried it it just made things go all wrong.

So can some kind person, who doesnt get too irritated by noobs like me asking obviously stupid questions, please explain how to sew the base for the width of the bag without cocking it up (am i making sense?)
thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jaami
was born with roses in her eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2005 02:20:08 PM »

when i did it i lined up the two long edges of the bottom and sewed them first. then, i took one of the short sides and sewed the two pieces straight together, and they formed a sort of pinched look that made it stand up. i'm not sure what the right terminology is. i did it that way as well as the tutorial way, and they both came out the same. i hope this helps? the way i put it sounds confusing.

that should help. there's more explanation on page 9 about what i did too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been away from the site going through lots of medical testing. If I have not wrote you or mailed something, please understand that my concerns right now are my health and I will send things asap!

Please DO NOT COPY the toys, drawings or stickers I make. They're copyrighted!
ohgastonmyhero
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2005 07:00:19 PM »

Super tutorial, but the bottom had me stumped as well.

I ended up sewing it in two different ways:

1. The bottom on the outside of the bag I sewed by hand (while repeatedly telling myself that I wanted decorative stitches on the bottom, hand sewing really isnt hellish)

2. The bottom of the lining I sewed it a la Jordy, and I found it much quicker and easier.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=32204.0

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tada!  My Etsy Shop is now open!

http://ohgastonmyhero.etsy.com
retro rabbit34
Vintage Vixen

If i were blonde that would have been a moment

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2006 07:54:37 PM »

i love the stencil!!! when did you get the fabric and where?? ive been looking for pink and white stripes for a dress i designed. it would be SOOOOOO helpful

hugs
                                  ~hayley~

p.s that bag is REALLY cutie!!  good job Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RAWR! its prehistoric in here! there must be some dinos in the atmosphere
zizibee
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2006 10:17:59 PM »

ok problem solved. i completed mine today n am proud of it. sorry for the blurry pics.

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/26268skipping_bag.JPG
i made it out of RED vinyl. was fun sewing it. i added zipper at the top and a front zipper pocket. thanks to the pocket tuts.

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/26268skipping_bag_zip_top.jpg
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/26268skippin_zipper_close_up.GIF
here's the zipper close up. i super glued the edges to secure the zipper ends. it was hard to sew that part. super gluing made it super neat.

i used ribbon for the strap. was planning to make the straps out of the same vinyl but ruined it when turning it inside out. got really frustrated n decided to use ribbon instead just for time being.

Luv u jenhook.

Hi Dia,

Could you enlighten us as how to do a zip????You ve done sucha good job! Any guideing would be appreciated....

Zizi
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010 02:17:57 PM by jungrrl - Reason: please remove img tags when quoting » THIS ROCKS   Logged
zizibee
« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2006 12:06:35 PM »

ok problem solved. i completed mine today n am proud of it. sorry for the blurry pics.

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/26268skipping_bag.JPG
i made it out of RED vinyl. was fun sewing it. i added zipper at the top and a front zipper pocket. thanks to the pocket tuts.

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/26268skipping_bag_zip_top.jpg
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/26268skippin_zipper_close_up.GIF
here's the zipper close up. i super glued the edges to secure the zipper ends. it was hard to sew that part. super gluing made it super neat.

i used ribbon for the strap. was planning to make the straps out of the same vinyl but ruined it when turning it inside out. got really frustrated n decided to use ribbon instead just for time being.

Luv u jenhook.

Hi,

wOULD ANYONE BE ABLE TO EXPLANE HOW TO PUT A ZIPPER IN THE SKIPPING BAG AS SEEN HERE?Huh a.s.A.P. pLEAAAAAAAAASE I'M ZIP IMPAIRED...loL

tHANKS zIZI
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010 02:20:01 PM by jungrrl - Reason: please remove img tags when quoting » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LoveMeDo5467

this moment seems so long now

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2006 03:18:59 PM »

this bag is super cute  Roll Eyes i'm absolutely in love with it. i can't wait to make one from my vacation. it'll be perfect
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PolkaDotsAreForever
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2006 12:19:21 PM »

I've been looking for a tutorial for a bag like this! I saw one like this bag but it was a "cross-body" bag.

I want to make this so bad now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teehee!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Spring Hair Tips From Celebrity Hairstylists
AXE HAIR Spring Styles
Hair Takes Spotlight in Anti-Aging Boom
4 Best Ways to Use Hairspray
How to Combat Thinning Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce
Mountain Views
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...