A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,102
Currently Running With Scissors:
491 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tutorial: Skipping bag  (Read 156728 times)
Tags for this thread: jordy_bag , tutorial , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

arrhythmia
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2004 10:59:08 AM »

Jenhook - I love the button on the strap. What a great idea for fastening it. I had seen similar bags that were tied on the straps, but it seemed to waste so much fabric/strap and was fussy. I really like the longer, leaner strap.

ctgirl- I love your bags. Could you do a closeup or tell how you did the flowers on the orange bag? Is it beading? embroidery? I really like them...they pop!

robotsrock - That is a great bag. You are a quick worker -'1 hour'- wow! I really love the flower you made. I am guessing the top layer is felt. What is the middle. Is it a single button or more than one or what? Could you detail your method on making the flower? I am hoping your hand is better. Ouch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MarieVA
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2004 12:46:56 PM »

i cannot wait to make this bag!  great tutorial!  and i love everyone's bags!!!  so many bags to make, so little time.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
robotsrock
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2004 03:35:28 PM »

robotsrock - That is a great bag. You are a quick worker -'1 hour'- wow! I really love the flower you made. I am guessing the top layer is felt. What is the middle. Is it a single button or more than one or what? Could you detail your method on making the flower? I am hoping your hand is better. Ouch!

Well, an hour is a bit of an exaggeration  Roll Eyes. An hour to make the basic shape, and then some more to stick on a flower (and some more to run my hand under the cold tap!). The flower is just some green lining for leaves at the back, then 5 bits of leatherette in the shape of petals, and then little bits of stitched felt on top. I basted the leatherette petals to gather them slightly so they would curl. There's a button in the middle and a diamante in the middle of that! That's all stuck onto a square of felt to give it a bit more strength.

And I've had my thumb under an elastoplast all night because I'm such a kid when it comes to blisters, and don't think I could stop myself from poking at it Cheesy

xoxo
THIS ROCKS   Logged
becki8785
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2004 05:47:45 PM »

Thank you so much for an easy to follow tutorial! I just made my first bag and it only took me about 1 and a half hours . . . of course my sewing machine was acting up .  . . . but thanks again! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
genia
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2004 10:53:19 PM »

that purse is soo cute!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jademaya

Creative.Real.Artistic.Friendly.Talented.Youthful!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2004 01:37:36 AM »

By far the easiest bag to make..and it looks great too
I think the bag will look real spiffy if you find a fabric with a bright design or colour.
Good Job for the person who thought of this!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rules are meant to be broken, and not all problems in life are meant to be resolved...That's why we are all here thinking of new ways to transform ordinary everyday items into quirky cool stuff...Rock on! XXOO
Flip Flop
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2004 10:22:36 AM »

great bag! i love your stencil too! with the dimensions you used, would it be big enough to lug a textbook around in?? i've been looking for a new style of bag to make for school and this looks perfect! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinapickles
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2004 08:41:05 AM »

Not to be a pain in the butt, but could you re-post the pictures on the tuturial?  For some reason, they don't appear on my computer and i am an incredibly visual person! 

Thank you!

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it weren't for STRESS, I'd have no energy at all....
littleone
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2004 11:51:45 AM »

thanks for the tut, love it, very useful
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stargirl52
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2004 02:54:24 PM »

Where did u get that beautiful stencil??
-G.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your lungs to stop working without me.

http://georgianess.livejournal.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Motion 3: Cool Text Trick
Motion 3: Removing Blemishes from Videos
Motion 3: Focusing Microscope
Motion 3: A Complete Overview
Motion 3: Replicators
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...