A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,467
Currently Running With Scissors:
471 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Ongoing Fabric Swap Round 4 CLOSED  (Read 9860 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rosali

English Monkey

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2006 04:59:13 AM »

Superhuge thanks to loves2experiment for this swap format and writeup and also to Melesse for her help!

Swap name: Ongoing Fabric Swap 4
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: rosali
Sign-up date range: Ongoing
Date to send items by: Seven (7) days after someone claims from your list
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): Nope.  The more the merrier!
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Yes!
All ages allowed? Yes (Parental consent required for those under 16!)
Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: Yes

DETAILS OF SWAP:

If youve got stashes of fabric, this is the swap for you!  This round will be taking place from Sept 17, 2006 until Oct 17, 2006.

For each claim, you will get to select a total of 1/2 yard of fabric (in the form of two (2) fat quarters OR a half yard piece).  In return, you will then be required to make a post with a minimum of eight fabric swatches that you have available for someone else to claim.   

Study previous rounds to see how it works:

Round 1 organized by loves2experiment: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=87438.0
Round 2 organized by loves2experiment: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=94586.0
Round 3 organized by Melesse: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=101710.0

Ready to play?  Please read the following sections on 'HOW TO PLAY' and 'RULES' for this swap before signing up to get approved for this swap!

Additional Information:

First time swappers! Please be aware that since this is an ongoing swap, you will not receive positive feedback even if earned until the swap ends (the end of October) or you leave this round. I strongly recommend signing up for a short term swap to fulfill your new swapper requirements then coming in and joining the fun here!

The amount of claims you are allowed is based on your craftster and swapping status; new swappers get one claim, non-FOCs get 2 claims and FOCs get 3 claims.

ONGOING FABRIC SWAP GALLERY (showcase the things you make with fabric from this swap!) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=90578.0

HOW TO PLAY:

Step 1.  Send in your answers to the swap questionnaire to get approved for this swap

Step 2.  Prepare your lists and photos of your fabric so that youll be ready to post the list when you make a claim!  Remember, you need 8 minimum!  Along with the pictures, you should describe the type and clearly specify the quantity of fabric that youre offering!  For example:

1. Brown and Turquoise Cotton Batik.  1/2 Yard Piece.

Step 3.  Watch the swap thread for something youll like to claim.  To claim, post a reply along the lines of I claim a FQ of #2 and #6 from rosalis stash.  Then send a PM to the person youve claimed from listing what youve claimed and include your name and mailing address.

Step 4.  Now that youve made a claim, its your turn to post your list of fabric swatches!  If the thread idles for a couple of days, please take the initiative to add more selections to your list!  When someone chooses from your list, you have seven (7) days to get the swap package out the door!

Step 5.  If you have not maxed out on the number of claims you have been approved for, you may keep on claiming.  If you have reached your limit, you will not be able to make another claim until one of your partners has received a swap package from you.

RULES:

1.  You may not participate in this swap until you have been pre-approved by the swap organizer and are listed on the List of Approved Swappers. If youre thinking about participating, go for it and get pre-approved. By doing so, youll be ready to make a claim when you see something you like

2.  You must have ready access to a camera and know how to post pictures in the swap thread.  Please make sure you have your list (either links or pictures) of fabrics available when you start swapping!  You will need to have a minimum of eight fabric swatches in your posts.  If youre posting pictures, please make sure that you showcase pictures in groups of 4s (i.e. post 2 images, if you have 8 fabric swatches).  You may also choose the option of posting links to your fabric swatches.  If you do that, please make sure that your links work!   

3.  All participants must be willing to ship to international destinations.  Since were only sending a total of 1/2 yard of fabric, shipping costs should be pretty reasonable.

4.  After a claim has been made, you have seven (7) days to mail your package!  Check out the second post of this swap thread to know when your swap packages are due.

5. Delivery Confirmation Numbers will be required for swap packages that are being sent within the United States. If youre sending a package to another country, or if you dont reside in the United States, please save your receipts!  Remember to send the DCN info to your swap partner(s) and the organizer (that would be me, rosali)! 

Shipping Tip For US Residents (courtesy of kategirl): The USPS requires that the package measures at least thick for a DCN.  If your package is too flat, it might be necessary to bulk up the package with a couple of plastic grocery bags to get the DCN!
Shipping Tip for Sending TO Canada: Canadian Customs really, really likes getting their cut ($5 handling fee plus taxes on the declared value). Please remember to mark your customs form with gift and NCV (No Commercial Value) or NA (Not Applicable) when sending to Canada.
For US swappers sending to Canada (thanks to yarncookie for the info): The name of the form is Custom Declaration CN-22 (PS Form 2976) and is green and white. But you have to fill it out at the post office, you can't get it off the usps website.

6.  It is important to communicate with your partners and the organizer.  You must let the organizer and your partner know when you have shipped, received or may be late!  You are still responsible for sending out the swap package in a timely manner!     

7. Please offer fabric selections that others would want to claim.  Try to include a variety of fabrics in your lists. Another good rule of thumb to follow is this: If you're offering a piece of fabric to "simply get rid of it", that's probably not a good thing!!

If that sounds good to you and you want to participate, send the following information to the organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:

Name of swap: Ongoing Fabric Swap 4
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your full real name:
Mailing address:
Have you read the rules for this swap and understood how this swap works? 
How many fabric swatches will you be required to showcase when you make a claim?
Do you promise to communicate with your partner(s) and the organizer when you send, recieve or are late?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER (me!) VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to consult the Swap Info Guide and Swap Etiquette to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

LIST OF APPROVED SWAPPERS, with #claims used and #fabrics received by partners:

ORANGE means you have reached your limit of claims and wont be able to make another claim until one of your partners has received from you.

Non-FOCs - Approved for two (2) claims:
sfsf 2 CLAIMS USED, 2 REC'D
nix kisses 3 CLAIMS USED, 3 REC'D
lamamarco 1 CLAIM USED, 1 REC'D

FOCs - Approved for three (3) claims:
rosali 6 CLAIMS USED, 6 REC'D
loves2experiment 2 CLAIMs USED, 2 REC'D
Melesse 3 CLAIMS USED, 3 REC'D
groschveux 4 CLAIMS USED, 4 REC'D
orange_sunset 2 CLAIMS USED, 2 REC'D
cornflakegirly 6 CLAIMS USED, 6 REC'D - NO LONGER IN SWAP - POSITIVE FEEDBACK LEFT
fairgreenlady
ilovepaper 3 CLAIMS USED, 3 REC'D
atsuko 2 CLAIMS USED, 2 REC'D
aeronberry 4 CLAIMS USED, 4 REC'D
igobylorib 5 CLAIMS USED, 5 REC'D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006 07:07:12 AM by rosali » THIS ROCKS   Logged
rosali

English Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006 05:00:25 AM »

Communication Reminder (courtesy of previous organizer Melesse!)

To get great feedback please remember to tell me when you ship (including the Delivery Confirmation number if you're shipping within the states) and when you receive. Also really important is letting me know in a personal message that you may be late. Posting to the thread doesn't count as informing me of what's happening -- it needs to be a personal message.

To that end, here's my suggestion for formatting of your PMs to keep communication clear for the occasionally slow me Smiley

1. Please put both addresses in the TO field. That way you, me, and your swap person knows that communication is happening. Plus if you don't include the name of the person you're swapping with in the message I can figure out who you're talking about.

2. Bcc means Blind carbon copy -- useful if you want to send a message and hide some of the recipients. Please don't use it with this swap, thanks!

3. Please include the name of the person you're swapping with (send or receive) in your message. Some people have also included the number of the swap exchange as found here, that's *awesome useful* for me. 

4. If you get a customs or delivery confirmation number, you need to send it to me too! It goes in with your info in the swap spreadsheet on my PC and my psychic abilities keep betraying me. Also, if you don't get a number for whatever reason, please let me know that too. And yes "the evil post office lady wouldn't give me one, I hate her!" counts as a reason.

Also, I respond to all swap messages with a confirmation PM so you know I got it and it's been inputed where needed. If you don't receive one within 48 hours of sending me a PM (regarding the swap, personal PMs... all bets are off) please resend.

Thanks guys!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006 06:24:14 AM by rosali » THIS ROCKS   Logged
rosali

English Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006 06:24:43 AM »

RECORD:

Green means Sent
Blue means Received
Red means Late/Needs to Communicate
Purple means Late but Communicated

Claim made on Sept 17 ---> Send by Sept 24:
1. rosali is sending to cornflakegirly
2. cornflakegirly is sending to ilovepaper
3. ilovepaper is sending to Melesse
4. Melesse is sending to igobylorib
5. igobylorib is sending to cornflakegirly

Claim made on Sept 18 ---> Send by Sept 25:
6. cornflakegirly is sending to rosali
7. rosali is sending to aeronberry
8. aeronberry is sending to cornflakegirly
9. cornflakegirly is sending to Melesse

Claim made on Sept 21 ---> Send by Sept 28:
10. Melesse is sending to ilovepaper
11. ilovepaper is sending to groschveux
12. groschveux is sending to rosali

Claim made on Sept 22 ---> Send by Sept 29:
13. rosali is sending to nix kisses
14. nix kisses is sending to loves2experiment
15. loves2experiment is sending to cornflakegirly

Claim made on Sept 23 ---> Send by Sept 30:
16. cornflakegirly is sending to orange_sunset

Claim made on Sept 24 ---> Send by Oct 1:
17. orange_sunset is sending to igobylorib
18. igobylorib is sending to rosali

Claim made on Sept 25 ---> Send by Oct 2:
19. rosali is sending to atsuko
20. atsuko is sending to orange_sunset
21. orange_sunset is sending to atsuko

Claim made on Sept 26 ---> Send by Oct 3:
22. atsuko is sending to cornflakegirly

Claim made on Sept 28 ---> Send by Oct 5:
23. cornflakegirly is sending to aeronberry
24. aeronberry is sending to igobylorib
25. igobylorib is sending to nix kisses
26. nix kisses is sending to aeronberry

Claim made on Sept 29 ---> Send by Oct 6:
27. aeronberry is sending to sfsf
28. sfsf is sending to groschveux
29. groschveux is sending to sfsf
30. sfsf is sending to groschveux
31. groschveux is sending to ilovepaper
32. ilovepaper is sending to rosali
33. rosali is sending to Melesse

Claim made on Oct 1 ---> Send by Oct 8:
34. Melesse is sending to cornflakegirly
35. cornflakegirly is sending to rosali
36. rosali is sending to igobylorib

Claim made on Oct 3 ---> Send by Oct 10:
37. igobylorib is sending to lamamarco
38. lamamarco is sending to rosali
39. rosali is sending to aeronberry

Claim made on Oct 4 ---> Send by Oct 11:
40. aeronberry is sending to igobylorib

Claim made on Oct 10 ---> Send by Oct 17:
41. igobylorib is sending to rosali

Claim made on Oct 12 ---> Send by Oct 19:
42. rosali is sending to loves2experiment
43. loves2experiment is sending to groschveux
44. groschveux is sending to nix kisses
45. nix kisses is sending to aeronberry

Claim made on Oct 13 ---> Send by Oct 20:
46. aeronberry is sending to rosali
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006 06:49:17 AM by rosali » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melesse
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006 01:42:15 PM »

Yay! It's time for fabric! It's time for fabric! Cha! Cha! Cha!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I sell stuff too! SkyWorks ~ It's all about the wistlists, babeee!

I do personal swaps... PM me.
rosali

English Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006 03:35:46 PM »

This is a great time for me to be renewing my fabric stash - I've just started planning what Xmas gifts I'm going to make! That's my excuse for current fabric obsession and I'm sticking to it Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
babygoinplaces

Baby, I'm goin' places!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006 03:44:57 PM »

Why am I doing this swap again?

1) I have tons of fabric, so plenty to share
2) I have high involvement needs and I could never stand to watch you play and not be involved.
3) I got so much great stuff before
4) I have tons of fabric, so plenty to share (did I say that already?)
5) I need yet one more reason to log on to craftster 30 times a day.

COUNT ME IN!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://babygoinplaces.com
Baby Goin' Places--for the baby on the go!  Slings, pocketchangers, custom clothing, and now custom monogramming and embroidery!
http://babygoinplaces.etsy.com
ilovepaper
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006 05:45:28 PM »

I'm in!
I'll go through my stash tomorrow and pick some good ones.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

igobylorib
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006 09:06:02 PM »

I am so ready for this swap. One more day and the fun begins Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http//:www.wists.com/igobylorib

I'm making a craftster quilt using the Bright Hopes block. Wanna swap a block?
rosali

English Monkey

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2006 04:59:22 AM »

I opened a Flickr account! My photos can be found here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90446051@N00/sets/72157594288054902
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006 10:56:09 AM by rosali » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Avesthel
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

<3 birds <3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2006 05:25:53 AM »

My first pick...  I would like 1/2 yard of #1 Printed teal satin!  Smiley

Pics in a minute...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Makeup & Go: Weekend Getaway
Learn to Create the Perfect Retro Cat-Eye from Glamour’s 1965 Cover
Kim Kardashian Gorgeous in Five Steps
Best Bikini Line Treatments
Easy Tips for Larger Looking Eyes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...