A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,761
Currently Running With Scissors:
500 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Over the knee cabled leg warmers from Knit 1....anyone game?  (Read 12986 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Shana-chan
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006 08:03:59 PM »

Okay, I researched cabling last night, and I didn't 'understand' it until this morning. XD But if I can get the pattern for this (aka if someone can point me in the direction of a place to buy this particular magazine), then I'll definately join in (when I have more money >.>; ).

Hehe, I'm currently in the middle of my very first knit work using DPNs, so this would be fun. XD

EDIT: I just found a couple of copies on eBay. WTF?! They're charging $20 for ONE issue.. The one year subscription is only $14.97!
http://cgi.ebay.com/VogueKnitting-Knit-1-2006-Fall_W0QQitemZ320031562158QQihZ011QQcategoryZ280QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006 08:51:42 PM by Shana-chan » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kpuppy
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006 10:55:45 AM »

I know that my local Borders and Empire Bookstore both carry it -- as well as my LYS...I'll look around on the internet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezebel7383
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2006 10:58:55 AM »

Wow, those look really cozy! Can anyone post the yarn requirements? (like how much you need, needles) Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kpuppy
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2006 11:00:17 AM »

I'm at work, so I don't have the pattern with me, but I know it calls for Lion Brand Wool Ease Chunky, on size 9 12" circs (I'm just going to use DPN's, though). I'm not sure how much yarn -- I'll post when I get home.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shana-chan
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2006 02:47:54 PM »

I know that my local Borders and Empire Bookstore both carry it -- as well as my LYS...I'll look around on the internet.

Ooh, nice. Cheesy I'll be going down to Boston the middle of next month, so I can probably pick it up then. ^.^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
qbmaya

Runs with scissors.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006 05:19:38 PM »

How much does it suck that all of the yarn/craft stores in my area ran out of Wool Ease Chunky. Angry  I'm going to try with Lamb's Pride Bulky and if not, troop out to Queens and see if I can find any there.  Why me?! Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm the deadliest woman in the world [with knitting needles].
femiknit
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2006 05:15:27 AM »

Oh my goodness!  My sis and I were talking about doing this one.  Combine cabled legwarmers and one of my favorite ANTMers and I'm there!

I checked Michael's and they didn't have the yarn.  I'm headed to JoAnn's today and if they ain't got it, I'm ordering online.

Count me in!  When do we start!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's your life, you can decorate it as you like ~ ben folds five
Kpuppy
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2006 05:20:12 AM »

They would be so nice in Lamb's Pride Bulky! Maybe I'll make them with that too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezebel7383
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2006 01:27:55 PM »

I got my yarn today, and I think I can cast on tonight! This'll be my first cable project, so I may be begging for help. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kpuppy
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2006 03:02:58 PM »

Nah, you won't be begging for help, cables are EASY! I will buy yarn for this tomorrow or Sunday and will cast on Monday. I need to finish my mom's LUXIORiOUS scarf first...just about 6" to go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to be an Architect - Part 5
The Advent Of Web 2.0
How to Create Color Schemes From the Color Wheel
How to Understand Colors for Home Decorating
Photo Retouching and Compositing Examples
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...