A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,610
Currently Running With Scissors:
501 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fall/Winter clothes sewalong  (Read 24580 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

diannab
founder member of the ZaftigMomma appreciation Society : )

Away..... stalking..... will return shortly......

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2006 01:29:18 PM »

Grin Necia- A trick I learned- Pin tissue paper to the slinky material in order to be able to sew a straight hem. I also found a seam guide! OMG I am in love!!!!!!!!!!! Grin Trust me these are two tips to not live without!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I may be out of touch for a few days.my cable company merges we are experiencing lots growing pains!!! Email: diannabishop@yahoo.com
Would you like a Child/baby clothing & gift board?
Necia
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2006 03:38:09 PM »

Can I use the tissue paper that you wrap gifts with?  For some reason I have a lot of that lying around.  Do share where you found your seam guide!

Thanks
Necia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

diannab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2006 05:47:40 AM »

I found my seam guide at EBAY! LMAO I couldn't find it anywhere else. Undecided And yes you can use that kind of tissue, thats what I use Cheesy Just make sure its not sparkly or has any decorations that would gum up your machine and you will be fine! Cheesy PS This stuff just disintegrates in the Washer! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I may be out of touch for a few days.my cable company merges we are experiencing lots growing pains!!! Email: diannabishop@yahoo.com
Divasews
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2006 03:56:24 PM »

I've pretty much got the second Burda shirt done. I decided on a slinky baby blue jersey that is a bit of a pain to sew. I now just have to do some tweaking - there was too much gaping under the arms/side of breast so I have to take it in a bit there, but not too much because Im anticipating a weight gain and thus boob gain. (I lost 10 lbs in 3 weeks.... a lot of it from my chest  Sad ...boobs I miss you, but all is good because I'm back on the pill... too much info!?  Shocked Wink)

How is everyone elses projects coming along?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fleur_delicious
grad student by day, painter/stitcher by night.

i like contrast

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2006 04:09:21 PM »

Just wanted to say that I love this thread! And if I weren't working away at a Halloween costume, I'd SO be in the thick of it with you.

Will you all keep going throughout fall and winter, or will holiday gift crafting kick in? I'd love to join up later...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

all of this, calm and reasonable as it was, made out of ordinary things as it was, was the truth now; beauty, that was the truth now. Beauty was everywhere. - Virginia Woolf

follow my adventures in making here:
http://www.pacificrain.blogspot.com
diannab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2006 05:29:53 PM »

LOL Well, I am in but have yet to make any outfits! Grin LMAO I am up to my neck in halloween outfits as well!!! Cheesy LOL So it'll be alright I am sure! Cheesy My holiday gifting is going to be done right along with sewing for fall /winter so it won't be too much of a bog for me. Cheesy Halloween outfits are just a pain! GAH, at all the flipping details!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ziabox
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2006 04:40:53 PM »

I havent done tha skirt yet, i still dont know what to do, but i made 2 pairs of pants. I found some beautiful heavy fabric and very cheap!
I made them from a pattern off "patrones" magazine:

here's one of the fabrics.
I'll post pics of the pants as soon as i can   Grin i'm very happy with how they turned out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
diannab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2006 03:20:54 AM »

LMAO So many are of us are procrastinating here! (Me included!) LOL Smiley I have been so caught up getting everything else wrapped up! lol.  Can't wait to see your pants divasews! Right now I am laying out my ideas for my fall wardrobe, kinda hard to do if you are a plus size gal................ ......... Cheesy In about two weeks I am gonna get to crackin! Smiley I will, I promise I will! Smiley Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Divasews
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2006 05:21:38 AM »

Unfortunately, I havent had much time for sewing the past few weeks. And its really sucked. Ive just been swamped at school, I have two presentations today, one worth 20% of my mark and the other worth nothing, but its for my Honours thesis, so its pretty important. I HATE presentations... so Im freakin'. Anyway this weekend is Thanksgiving and Im not going home to my parents until the morning as traffic will be way too heavy so Im going to sew, sew, sew tonight... well after my neurobio assignment is done.  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Necia
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2006 07:33:52 AM »

I haven't had much time for sewing either, so I promised myself that Sunday's are going to be dedicated to sewing.  If I do nothing else, well ok besides the gym, I will be sewing or doing things that involve sewing, like cutting!  I hope to finish my skirt, and start a new one, with some pretty wool I've been saving, but why save it.  If I'm gonna butcher it up, it's going to get butchered sooner or later, why not make it sooner!

Necia

P.S.  The man on my job made me a bootleg seam guide out of cardboard.  I don't see why it won't work just as good as the magnetic.  Just thought I share an alternative.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fresh Fish by Charlene Lanzel
Duende by Charlene Lanzel
An Interview with Stan Sakai
Supervillain Origins: Sandman
Ian Cook Talks About His Creative Process
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...