A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,727
Currently Running With Scissors:
586 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anyone here have bad taste?-- Costume brainstorming  (Read 15329 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kristinmm
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2006 01:14:07 PM »

well the pics in the first post are from Philadelphia's Henri David Costume Ball.  It's this huge event put on by Henri David, an owner of a shop on Jeweler's Row.  Here is a description from aol's city guide:

Men in drag, topless women and persons of dubious gender dressed as French maids, natural disasters, Tampax boxes and pill-popping divas. . . No, it's not Mardi Gras, but Philly's most magnetic Halloween party -- an annual monster mash that makes 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' look like a documentary. A rainbow coalition of revelers converges at the Wyndham Franklin Plaza Hotel for this all-inclusive extravaganza, which is the brainchild of local provocateur Henri David. For 364 days a year, David runs an unassuming jewelry store near the corner of Juniper and Pine, but on Halloween he becomes the embodiment of the motto that inspired this party: ''Don't come as you are, but as you want to be.''

Unimaginative guests are taxed heavily for coming as they are, paying more than twice the admission fee owed by those clad in costume. Though the host's attire generally eclipses that of those in attendance, he humors the crowd by awarding prizes in categories including Most Hysterical, Most Horrifying, Most Decadent, Best Celebrity Look-Alike, Most Believable Female Impersonator and the widely coveted Most Amazingly, Unbelievably Spectacular.
-- Julia Clinger
THIS ROCKS   Logged

librarylass
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2006 05:03:29 AM »

now that sounds like a party I'd love to see pics of!!!

especially for the grand prize!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a wist!
http://wists.com/Bookybabe
So I up and decided to do the whole blog thing...
http://ballysaxter.blogspot.com

I do personal swaps!
WhiteShadow
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2006 08:05:54 AM »

Philly sounds like a happening place
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2006 08:35:28 AM »

ok  managed to go thru the whole  list and  the  only   one I did  not  like  was teh  fetus one... that  can be hurtful  unintentionally!   other  than t aht  one  you all are  great!!!  the  kotex  killed me  that  was  jsut  nasty adn  cool and  don't  look  but  can't  stop..... better him than  me.  I could  not  do it....   that  is  great.

paint yourself  brown get a  make a  LARGE  pair  of   undies  be the  skid mark.

wrap  yourself   in toilet  paper......   leave  yellow and  brown  marks. you could be the  wad in the toilet.   or  make   it  boogers  instead.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2006 08:45:26 AM by jloveg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
allthatglitters
ready-to-wear is for pussies

Will rob bank for embroidery machine

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2006 01:33:45 PM »

Khaki shorts and a barb in your chest--Steve Irwin?

LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL LLL Cheesy

My suggestion would be: Rugby Helmet, tshirt and some black lines which form that mongoloid eye fold =  SPECIAL ED!

Or, take some fleece (that white wadding-fleece thats sewn into quilted winter jackets), make a cylinder with arm- and faceholes. Wear black shoes and trousers and fix one pull-out-string (light blue/pink rope or satin ribbon) to each leg.
Add some red acrylic paint to spice things up.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006 01:40:21 PM by allthatglitters » THIS ROCKS   Logged

...why buy it when you can make it yourself?
determinedimprovisation

overly-excited crafter of all trades

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2006 02:49:25 PM »

oh, gay hitler!  the boy and i may fight over that one next year.  ooo, or the other one could be satan and we'd be lovers, a la saddam and satan on south park.

this year he's going as jesus on the cross and i'm going as a slutty pope, complete with pope stick / expandable stripper pole.  sometimes i do enjoy living in the bible belt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2006 04:21:02 PM »

Slutty Pope! That's great.. (you'll have to post pictures!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tomico
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2006 04:48:30 PM »

My mom has always wanted to wear a sombraro and wings and say she was a "Spanish fly". I think she has forgotten that Mexico is not actually Spain.

Tomico
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2006 06:49:15 PM »

cute  spanish  fly  good  one!  go  mom!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
kikigirl
Einstein was hot when he was young

Let's dance! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2006 10:54:51 AM »

oh, gay hitler!  the boy and i may fight over that one next year.  ooo, or the other one could be satan and we'd be lovers, a la saddam and satan on south park.

this year he's going as jesus on the cross and i'm going as a slutty pope, complete with pope stick / expandable stripper pole.  sometimes i do enjoy living in the bible belt.
Yes!  GET PICTURES of the bible belt reactions too!  I ADORE slutty pope!!!  You're pope Joan!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Changing Display Quality and Multiple Text Layers
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Entering Text and Images into a Table
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Placing and Stylizing Text in InDesign
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Creating a Shadow and Adding a Logo
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Using Illustrator® Files in InDesign
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...