A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,792
Currently Running With Scissors:
764 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Handmade card swap?  (Read 1935 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

seapj
« on: August 27, 2004 03:48:52 PM »

Would anyone be interested in a swap of hand made cards?  They can be totally blank, a mix of occasions (e.g. birthday, thank you, wedding, baby congrats, even holidays that are coming up), and whatever people like to do...stencil, stamp, collage, paint, etc. 

If I organize, does anyone have thoughts on what number to suggest each person swap, should envelopes be included, anything else?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004 03:56:10 PM »

I'd be game for it.  I'd think 4 or 6 would be good (I'd probably go for 6).  I think we should include envelopes.

I think it would be neat if everyone had 6 or whatever, and then send them to you.  you could then mix them up and send them back, so that everyone would get cards from a variety of people.  it would take more work, but I think it would be cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alleycat.rm

"Me fail English!? Thats unpossible!" -Ralph W.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004 09:32:43 AM »

Ooh ooh ooh!!!  Grin I think this is a great idea my sister(kendaljay) and i are really into cards lately! I think about 6 to 10 would be good I also think kategirl's idea of sending them to you and getting one back from each person would be a good idea too. Oh and envelopes too. If you think sending them to you and you sending them back out would be to much money for you you could require people to send in postage money (it shouldn't cost too much how much can some cards weigh) and a return envelope. I know I'd be willing to do this! I hope you organize this, I'm way excited already!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Idigmusic

Did I hear a niner in there?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004 09:40:19 AM »

This sounds like an awsome idea!! I LOVE cards!! I would be in !! I also like the idea of sending them to one person & getting multiples back, we did that for a health & beauty swap & it was really fun to get so many different items!! And postage should only be a few dollars, we could just include a check or something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When the only tool you have is a hammer,
everything looks like a nail"
seapj
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2004 09:48:30 AM »

OK...definitely sounds like there is some interest.  I will get this up and running (hopefully today).

I'll make sure to put a "requests" spot on the questionaire where you can make sure you don't get cards for something you don't celebrate (e.g. a religious holiday, etc.), or want, and so you can request say a baby card if you need one of those soon.

SEAPJ

I've put the swap into action...the link to the info is below.  If you're interested in signing up, PM me.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=12166.0
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004 12:10:32 PM by seapj » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Improve Design School Education and Teaching
How Startups Benefit by Using Interaction Design
How Design Thinking Problem Solving Can Improve
Finding Purpose in Humanitarian Focused Design
How to Apply Design Passion in Business Career
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...