A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,550
Currently Running With Scissors:
327 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Super-simple baby bibs (from hand towels) :) PIC HEAVY  (Read 5609 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jutybo
« on: September 14, 2006 06:47:34 PM »

After seeing everyone else's BEAUTIFUL baby bibs, I've decided to post my decidedly less creative ones... but they're great for my 19-month old!   Wink  I used hand towels from Kmart and was able to get two single-layer bibs out of each one with plenty leftover for appliques (which I don't necessarily recommend, especially if it's your first attempt appliqueing *anything*) plus bias tape (one package also made two bibs).  I used Touchtape (like Velcro) for the closures:

Here's a closeup of the two really good ones, with the "E" made out of bias tape scraps and the star out of a hand towel scrap:

And the bib that made me think I was super-cool until my husband pointed out that the ghosts are PURPLE when Pac-man's eating them (they were originally on some bedsheet scraps and I couldn't find any purple ones) and also that the positioning is too high:

One I made for my cousin's son's first birthday:

And my favorite model showing just how BIG the bibs are... because he's a messy eater:

What do you think?
Thanks for looking!   Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged
MoonLightbliss33

Knitting Love <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006 06:48:48 PM »

those are sooo cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bekkels
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006 06:06:48 AM »

Those are super cute!  I need to get on the ball and start some baby stuffs before mine gets here (in due january Smiley)  For some reason I find Pac-man's inpending doom absolutely hilarious, much better than if the ghost were purple Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artzyfartzy
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006 06:11:33 AM »

ahh i love them! especially the pac-man one. i have a few pac man sheets ( & a 5month old) ..i should make a few bibs  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

babygoinplaces

Baby, I'm goin' places!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006 10:32:02 AM »

Those are great!  They'll wash up so well, too.  I like terry bibs for every day eating!

I should invest in a few for myself.  I always seem to have a stain on my shirt just in the wrong place...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://babygoinplaces.com
Baby Goin' Places--for the baby on the go!  Slings, pocketchangers, custom clothing, and now custom monogramming and embroidery!
http://babygoinplaces.etsy.com
Daymoth
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006 10:50:50 AM »

These are really cute. I love the contrasting colors. Thanks for a great idea!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jutybo
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006 07:36:19 AM »

Thanks all! 
And to fairgreenlady:  Your post had me laughing out loud- it took me a minute to realize that you meant bibs for YOU vs. bibs for your wee one(s)!!   Roll Eyes 
Please post pics if anyone makes some, because I'm not that color-coordinated and am running out of combinations myself... I'd love to steal YOUR ideas...  Grin
Thanks again-
jutybo
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kyndmama420

somewhat crunchy mama of 4

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006 09:15:07 AM »

So cute Grin I am inspired. I have a super drooler (she is teehting... Grin) and I never have enough bibs, Not to mention how sick of seeing my only daughter wearing her big brothers boy bibs Wink
If I see another mommy's little prince I'm gonna scream... :DLOL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tree huggin, breast feedin, hippie mama :p

I Cloth Diaper...always lookin for somthin new...PM me...
iloveoctopus
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2006 08:49:28 AM »

those bibs are so cute! and so is your model!

^_^ and as far as pacman goes, even if it is the wrong color, it's awesome
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sittenknitten
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006 12:08:01 PM »

What a great idea! I assume you just cut out the basic shape and apply bias tape around the edges? Don't sell yourself short, your bibs are first rate!

I'm a knitter, not much of a seamstress, and couldn't find any other discussions via search. If I "eyeball" a couple of terry bibs at the store I can rough out my own pattern, I think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sittenknitten
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a Faux Bob
How to Style a Slick Wet Look Ponytail
How to Create a Messy Wet Look Hair
The Knot: A Great Hairstyle You Can Do At Home
The Right Way To Tease Your Hair: Hair Tips
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...